What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Quentin Pongia

Matua

Bench
Moe mai ra!

Very sad. Was one of the players in the early 90s when league really got put on the map.

Iafeta

Referee
Tough as nails. You didn’t like running twice at him after he had belted you the first time. Such a brave and gallant fight.

On behalf of all West Coasters Q, would like to say god bless and Rest In Peace. Your family is a cornerstone of our community and we will remember you.

MKEB...

Staff member
RIP Big guy.

I would have loved to see how many more tests he would have had, if not for Mickey Mouse suspensions...

Blair

Coach
My man from '94, my last year - and a great premiership - with the Green Machine.

RIP good fella.

Iafeta

Referee
RIP Big guy.

I would have loved to see how many more tests he would have had, if not for Mickey Mouse suspensions...

Could almost set your watch to it that the jokediciary would pay special attention to him and Johnny Lomax pre test match.

JJ

Immortal
Really made me sad, like Martin Crowe... just too young, and so sad to you relatively young men that I grew up watching die far too early

Thoughts etc with his family.... just shit news

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Great watch. Mad Butcher is an absolute champion and he’s unfortunately had his own problems recently. Two outstanding men.

Not a more deserving man of the title ‘sir’ walking the planet than the butcher, one of the absolute greats that has done so much for so many people. The man they spoke about at the end, Endacott, is a champion as well

Blair

Coach
Not a more deserving man of the title ‘sir’ walking the planet than the butcher, one of the absolute greats that has done so much for so many people. The man they spoke about at the end, Endacott, is a champion as well

Endacott's autobiography has been sitting on the shelf at my local opshop for a couple of months now. I might get it on Monday!