What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Quentin Pongia

Iafeta

Referee
Hearing news that the great man has succumbed in his battle with cancer.

He was of course a tough as nails Kiwis test prop. Was a cornerstone of that outstanding Raiders pack and also played for Auckland, Easts, St George and Wigan.

Quentin was from the fabled West Coast of NZ (also where I am from). I always saw his family out walking. Really small community, so will devastate the Coast which has produced some outstanding test players of yesteryear.

Rest In Peace Quentin

:(

taipan

Referee
That is indeed sad .Watched him play at the Raiders, always played his heart out, which is all you can ask of a player.Understand a real gentleman.
Agree also losing Bob Hawke(a politician I greatly admired even though I am mainly a Lib) this week , another sad loss.

Iafeta

Referee
First Hawkie, now this. What a shitty week.

RIP big guy. He’ll never be forgotten.

I feel for you and Raider fans mate. Q was brutal and by brutal I mean from the old school of teaching wingers a lesson if they wanted to take a hit up through the middle type approach. That team was phenomenal and for all the Stuart’s and Daley’s and Mullen’s of the world, you need genuine tough guys like Pongia to lay the platform.

Rest In Peace Q