What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget - RCG and Sauce in Canterbury Cup

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Reg played 70 off minutes and ran for 189 meters.

NRL will not be a quick fix. Chopping and changing players continually just erodes confidence even more.

Same with ripping up contracts. Also very expensive.

betcats

Referee
Reg played 70 off minutes and ran for 189 meters.

NRL will not be a quick fix. Chopping and changing players continually just erodes confidence even more.

Same with ripping up contracts. Also very expensive.

The only contract we need to rip up is Ivan’s. Probably couldn’t afford it even if the board was willing.

I think the squad is fine. It was in the top 4 late last season and we fired our coach because the majority thought it was capable of more. Merrin, peach, chn have not made this big of a difference. Hooker is a glaring need right now, outside of that I think we have enough talent in every other position to be a competitive top 8 side and we have some good young players knocking on the door. All of our players are playing worse than last season kikau aside. I’d be trying everything I can to get rid of malonet and use what’s left of his money to get a decent hooker, that’s our big squad concern. Between dwz, aekins and Edwards we have a serviceable nrl fb somewhere we just need a coach who can get some confidence in this team. Right now we just look wors every week, it’s hard to fathom how far backwards this team has gone but that doesn’t mean these guys can’t find some form again, I don’t know what but something has to change to make that happen.

franklin2323

Immortal
The only contract we need to rip up is Ivan’s. Probably couldn’t afford it even if the board was willing.

I think the squad is fine. It was in the top 4 late last season and we fired our coach because the majority thought it was capable of more. Merrin, peach, chn have not made this big of a difference. Hooker is a glaring need right now, outside of that I think we have enough talent in every other position to be a competitive top 8 side and we have some good young players knocking on the door. All of our players are playing worse than last season kikau aside. I’d be trying everything I can to get rid of malonet and use what’s left of his money to get a decent hooker, that’s our big squad concern. Between dwz, aekins and Edwards we have a serviceable nrl fb somewhere we just need a coach who can get some confidence in this team. Right now we just look wors every week, it’s hard to fathom how far backwards this team has gone but that doesn’t mean these guys can’t find some form again, I don’t know what but something has to change to make that happen.

The squad is no worse than last year. Matching last year should of been the minimum

TheFrog

Coach
RCG straight back for Grant or Ellis next week.
Dropping players doesn't work, unless you've got someone better to fill the position. All it does is cause instability in the group. RCG in particular, and Mansour as well, should have played last night. To'o isn't ready.

You make your decisions in February, changing them at this stage only shows weakness. If you cannot tell your players they need to pull their socks up one-on-one you maybe need to find alternative employment.

Abacus

Juniors
I wouldn't be recalling either Mansour or RCG for next week. When dropped on form I think 3-4 weeks minimum otherwise players think 1 good reggies match and I'm back in FG. I'd prefer them to work a bit harder than that.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't be recalling either Mansour or RCG for next week. When dropped on form I think 3-4 weeks minimum otherwise players think 1 good reggies match and I'm back in FG. I'd prefer them to work a bit harder than that.

Yeah both did what you would expect need to back it up over a few weeks for me

franklin2323

Immortal
Lenui, RCG and Burns all went really well today.

RCG straight back for Grant or Ellis next week.

Lovely pass by Falls for that first try.

Shame about the intercept later but it was on.

I'd get Burns the last Top 30 spot. Get him in for Ellis.

How often does RCG play decent then back it up with a shocker? I want to see similar numbers again before putting him up.

Top 8 is gone. Better off fixing him for next season now

Panfa

Juniors
Watched the highlights of the Canterbury cup game johns laurie leniu burns and falls were the standouts.Burns has been scoring in each game johns has been solid in defence and attack laurie is playing out of position at 5/8 but has good ball skills and speed.Leniu is a strong mobile front rower his pace when he made the break for lauries try was unreal and the halfback falls looks a decent player got size and ball skills also a decent goal kicker.

Sime_11

Juniors
Might be harsh but RCG interview post game could have been better, he just kept mentioning being sent down and to have fun.... attitude wise it felt like he’s just going through the motions and doesn’t fully understand the message Ivan & co are trying to give to him.

I wouldn’t say it was a piss take but RCG shouldn’t be playing FG this week again, really need to drill into them that spots are on the line and no one is safe.

Latest posts