What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot. Hallelujah and praise the lord

txta2

Bench
The bloke with the baked bean teef and shit eating grin is back in office.
Will do wonders for his close family and friends and associates. Not so much for the club, unfortunately, no coal to mine under Shark Park.
Maybe get rid of the World heritage listed space behind the club n turn it into a car park, don't want any refugee boats landing in there.

Thanks Abbott. We had a PM smart enough to understand realities of economics AND Science and probably best chance of transitioning us to a more environmentally friendly ,sustainable economy. Always was going to be short term pain involved..... Thanks to that neanderthal and the others (like Bonehead Barnaby)We were left with the choice of Happy Clapper or the Short one.( got a problem ?Not your fault .. We'll Throw money in the general direction. -solves everything) I used to be proud to be citizen of a country where the people could choose a party that would be well led and actually represent their wishes . Extremists and idiots, while always around ,were kept in check with limited power.,or soon turfed out. Anyway good to see Abbott taking all credit for everything. At least that will be clear when history makes it clear just how wrong these extreme right wing conservatives have got it. The world is not Flat.

Last edited:
Great result!

Looking at all the stunned ALP faces on TV like Plibersek , Bowen, Albo etc was GOLD!

Poor old Bill was choosing his Cabinet on Saturday morning and packing his filing cabinet by Saturday night. He made everyone wait till 11.30pm to concede defeat but I understand he would have needed to pull himself together and seek counselling realising he just lost the unloseable election.

Who would have thought bringing in a number of taxes to hurt hard working Australians, threatening mining jobs , and a economy killing policy for climate change crap would have lost an election???? LOL!!!

Barnaby you stole the night by ridiculing Get Up. Had me laughing out loud for a long time. Biggest up yours I’ve seen in a long time.

Well done Sco Mo!

Please send some love to the Sharks please!

carcharias

Immortal
Why the f**k don’t these political party’s just get someone cool to leader the party.
Even if they are shit they’d win.
Just someone who can catch a ball or eat a bloody sausage Sanga like a normal person.

They’re all socially geniused.

It’s true
I say it to my missus all the time.
I have no interest in politics at all.
I’m not alone.
You get some leader (man or woman) who is cool and they’ll win.
People like me would vote based on coolness.
:grinning:
The thing is politics is the kingdom of nerds. If anyone cool comes along they get rid of them. Probably something to do with them being kicjed aroubd the playground when they were kids.
A psychologist type person once told me that politicians are just like actors, rock stars etc. They do anything to get their head seen and bugger who gets in their way.
I was happy that my mate went up against Morrison. But he was never going to win, shame too because he is a cool guy. Plays in bands, manages the Woolooware Golf Club. He was with me on GF day.
On the other hand I'm glad he didn't get in as well. Imagine having to deal with these cocksmokers every day.

carcharias

Immortal
The thing is politics is the kingdom of nerds. If anyone cool comes along they get rid of them. Probably something to do with them being kicjed aroubd the playground when they were kids.
A psychologist type person once told me that politicians are just like actors, rock stars etc. They do anything to get their head seen and bugger who gets in their way.
I was happy that my mate went up against Morrison. But he was never going to win, shame too because he is a cool guy. Plays in bands, manages the Woolooware Golf Club. He was with me on GF day.
On the other hand I'm glad he didn't get in as well. Imagine having to deal with these cocksmokers every day.

Is your mate American?
David?

txta2

Bench
Because politics , like religion, is big business. Now run by bankers and x lawyers ,bullshitting your way to the top has never been easier. And every single one of us is paying for it.

taipan

Referee
OK I voted Lib,but I still admire guys like Albanese and the old school Graeme Richardson in the ALP (and idolised Hawke)because they are close to the man/woman in the street's thinking.

ScoMo is perhaps nerdish but he came across as being more authentic by decent numbers than Shorten.The shock result suggest the polls ,the betting markets(and some goose outlaid $1m to win $200k and lost),the pundits, media got it wrong.
I do think if Albo had been Leader the result could well have gone the other way.I thought Shorten & Co were a shoe in.

As for Penny Wong's effort on the ABC,I've seen some poor political losers ,but her bitter response to questions by Leigh Sales left me stunned.
The Oz public are not the gullible mugs she and Plibersek(who also blamed everything else) made them out to be.You can offer the world in promises, but in the end we all pay.
Richo noted ,hitting the retired and Bowen telling them if you don't like not don't vote for us was dumb.

The Libs need to be more active on the climate question, that is their current vulnerability.Plus the cost of living factor relating to wages.

If the Labor Party want to ever been in Government ever again or even be relevant they have to come in way more centre.

That means ;

1. Telling the Trade Union movement they are not going to run the Labor party anymore.

2. Get out of bed with the Greens because their policies are so loopy it’s not funny. They actually should change their name to the Communist Party. And everyone knows they only get the Green preferences if they take on some of their loopy and anti economic thoughts.

3. Stop using Climate Change as their cornerstone policy because it doesn’t capture the majority thinking as the most important thing in Australia. (Anyone that thinks that man can change anything about the world’s climate seriously needs their head read)

4. Stop making elections a class war and remember that business provide jobs. Attack them and they will only be able to provide less job opportunities.

5. Stop trying to hurt people who have successfully saved and invested their money for their retirement. They actually are a less drain on the Government because generally they receive less from Government in pensions and other welfare.

6. Distance themselves from Get Up because the aggressive nature of that organisation is becoming more and more apparent and disliked to the point that they are seen as “Gang like”

taipan

Referee
Agree about Get Up.They certainly flicked Abbott. But they aren't a political party to vote for at an election,but a leftist lobbying organisation.
For them to hand out recommendation pamphlets at booths, is against what going to vote for selected parties is all about.They should be told to ff...... off from the booths, and do all their recommendations on TV and social media.Or become a party to vote for.

And that Senate sheet ,the size of a toilet roll and some of the groups involved is a joke.

Next we'll have a Sharks appreciation party, to advance the needs of Shark's fans.

Great result!

Looking at all the stunned ALP faces on TV like Plibersek , Bowen, Albo etc was GOLD!

Poor old Bill was choosing his Cabinet on Saturday morning and packing his filing cabinet by Saturday night. He made everyone wait till 11.30pm to concede defeat but I understand he would have needed to pull himself together and seek counselling realising he just lost the unloseable election.

Who would have thought bringing in a number of taxes to hurt hard working Australians, threatening mining jobs , and a economy killing policy for climate change crap would have lost an election???? LOL!!!

Barnaby you stole the night by ridiculing Get Up. Had me laughing out loud for a long time. Biggest up yours I’ve seen in a long time.

Well done Sco Mo!

Please send some love to the Sharks please!

Right on! More climate change please, I'm so sick and tired of all these commie greenies and their goddam whinging about wanting to breathe clean air and keep people alive. Soft-c**ks. Clean water? Just fire up up the ol' desalination plant FFS. Even more jobs!

Thanks Abbott. We had a PM smart enough to understand realities of economics AND Science and probably best chance of transitioning us to a more environmentally friendly ,sustainable economy. Always was going to be short term pain involved..... Thanks to that neanderthal and the others (like Bonehead Barnaby)We were left with the choice of Happy Clapper or the Short one.( got a problem ?Not your fault .. We'll Throw money in the general direction. -solves everything) I used to be proud to be citizen of a country where the people could choose a party that would be well led and actually represent their wishes . Extremists and idiots, while always around ,were kept in check with limited power.,or soon turfed out. Anyway good to see Abbott taking all credit for everything. At least that will be clear when history makes it clear just how wrong these extreme right wing conservatives have got it. The world is not Flat.

This.

Generalzod

Immortal
This why Labor lost the election:

60998048_2214059948682267_3746222036377141248_n.jpg