What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Canberra Raiders finish in 2019?

Where will the Canberra Raiders finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Jack Wighton
2. Nick Cotric
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joseph Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Sam Williams
8. Iosia Soliola
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Joseph Tapine
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Josh Papalii

Siliva Havili
Dunamis Lui
Luke Bateman
John Bateman

Daza06

Juniors
I find it strange the Raiders have let go of both Boyd and Paulo, who were quality front rowers, and replaced them with the untested Sutton.

The squad is lacking front rowers with Soliola a makeshift front rower whilst Liu and L.Bateman are more suited to lock.

Guler looks promising and should've a regular but apart from this who else do the Raiders have up front?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hodgson from the start of the year will obviously be a huge boost. Don’t think they look as good as other teams who would be expected to be in the mix for lower top 8 spots. I have them bottom 4 but will no doubt pick up a few big scalps along the way just to really piss their fans off.

BadnMean

Juniors
We'll finish 4 or 5 & hopefully be a real threat as our new spine (3 of 4 were new positions) & combos will have settled more by than.

Our best team now looks like

1. CNK
2. Oldfield (Simonsen may yet get over him, but he's only got a few more weeks to show something special)
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Nic Cotric
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Elliot Whitehead
12. John Bateman
13. Ryan Sutton

Siliva Havili
Jo Tapine
Sia Soliola
Corey Horsburg

BadnMean

Juniors
Eggs on my face so far. Hope they don't do a St George and shit the bed in the last 10 weeks though.

You wear it well. Kudos.

Historically Jack will have another wonky game or 2 as part of his learning curve but he ended up an eye test & statistical very good FB that year before he got suspended & I think he's going to be even better at 5/8.

He was a but of a confidence player (everyone is) but Ricky finally moved into the 21st century & got a sports psych in as a consultant this year & it has seen some results- Jack especially given his tribulations.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Think we’re pretty boned with Hodgson out for a couple of months on top of all the other injuries plus Origin selections (should be an interesting line up this week)

I’m not a fan of the Wild Card round but could work to our benefit

bluefox68

Staff member
Should be a great game this Thursday.

I'm hoping for a Sharks vs. Raiders GF...

Anything is better than Roosters v. Storm!

mongoose

Coach
Looking good for a top 6 finish. Those last 3 wins have been impressive when taking into account our last 2 seasons and the players we have out.

At the very least we need 4 wins from our last 10 games to make the finals, pretty confident we can achieve that. We only have 4 more home games but our draw is not too bad.

Our last 10 games are

Eels (a)
Dragons (a)
Tigers (h)
Panthers (a)
Warriors (a)
Roosters (h)
Storm (a)
Sea Eagles (h)
Sharks (a)
Warriors (h)

Latest posts