What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

parrawentyfan

Juniors
It's great places like Mudgee get games but I'm lukewarm in supporting the Dragons specifically taking a game there. They already have a second home in Wollongong which gets less games than it should given how often the Dragons play in Sydney to low crowds. They are already stretched so thin.

Same with Tigers and Tamworth.

Best scenario would be some properly organised and NRL sanctioned regional rounds around Origin time.

If only we could see the old CRL jersey running around every week as a roving rural team. Wouldn't that be a sight. Probably the most supported club in NSW over time but would add little to TV rights unfortunately (plus the whole issue of already having too many NSW teams).

Shark62

Juniors
It's great places like Mudgee get games but I'm lukewarm in supporting the Dragons specifically taking a game there. They already have a second home in Wollongong which gets less games than it should given how often the Dragons play in Sydney to low crowds. They are already stretched so thin.

Same with Tigers and Tamworth.

Best scenario would be some properly organised and NRL sanctioned regional rounds around Origin time.

If only we could see the old CRL jersey running around every week as a roving rural team. Wouldn't that be a sight. Probably the most supported club in NSW over time but would add little to TV rights unfortunately (plus the whole issue of already having too many NSW teams).
I get Penrith taking a game to Bathurst as they have one home. But saints to Mudgee when they have two home grounds is definitely strange.

greenBV4

Bench

Problem with a roving team is the players have to be based somewhere for training, etc, they can't really 100% be a team on the road

We already have so many rounds so why not include another? I think it'd be fairly successful

An "expansion round" would be interesting to see as well
Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin, Wellington, Christchurch, Geelong, Dunedin, Fiji, PNG, or even Asia or Hawaii are all potential locations (not saying all these places will eventually have teams, they definitely wont, but the game could use the round to try "expand" to have new fans in the area)

Shark62

Juniors
Call yourself a shake fan
Bag out the sharks crowds week in week out
But conveniently have some bullshit excuse for why you can’t get there.
I bagged out one crowd because it was poor.
I don’t live in nsw so I can’t get to sharks games.
I plead guilty.

Latest posts