What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Life's Good

Coach
This man has some of the worst records and is by far one of the most pathetic first grade coaches I have ever seen.
This flog has copped the following:
40-10 Round 26 Newcastle

Two weeks of donuts in Queensland;
36-0 Round 5 Cowboys
26-0 Round 6 Titans

36-6 Round 17 Manly
42-6 Round 24 Roosters

52-30 Round 17 Melbourne
40-4 Round 22 Parramatta
38-0 Round 24 Bulldogs

45–12 Round 10 Knights

How many chances does this clown get! Sack McGregor!

It’s a truly abysmal record that continues to escape the scrutiny which should have seen him forced out of the club not given a welcome mat.

Coffs dragon

Bench
This man has some of the worst records and is by far one of the most pathetic first grade coaches I have ever seen.
40-10 Round 26 Newcastle

36-0 Round 5 Cowboys
26-0 Round 6 Titans

36-6 Round 17 Manly
42-6 Round 24 Roosters

52-30 Round 17 Melbourne
40-4 Round 22 Parramatta
38-0 Round 24 Bulldogs

45–12 Round 10 Knights

Mary is making Steve Price look like Jack Gibson in comparison to his lowlife records

rednwhites

Juniors
I asked during the week whether things could get any worse and I had a monumental answer today. However I would rather the flogging than a close one. The sooner our atrociousness is realised by the wider footy community, the sooner pressure is applied to the coach.

His press conference, at least the bit I bothered to listen to makes me wonder if he actually even coaches this team. He speaks all of a sudden as if he has distanced himself from the players and has no control of them (which is probably an accurate reflection). From my distant yet persistent observations the dressing room has been lost once and for all. For me this is a good sign.

epDragon62

First Grade
I asked during the week whether things could get any worse and I had a monumental answer today. However I would rather the flogging than a close one. The sooner our atrociousness is realised by the wider footy community, the sooner pressure is applied to the coach.

His press conference, at least the bit I bothered to listen to makes me wonder if he actually even coaches this team. He speaks all of a sudden as if he has distanced himself from the players and has no control of them (which is probably an accurate reflection). From my distant yet persistent observations the dressing room has been lost once and for all. For me this is a good sign.
May that be true and the bullshit BJ had to say about why Mary was te-signed gets blow into ancient history by the appointment of a credible coach.

RedVDave

First Grade
40-10 Round 26 Newcastle

36-0 Round 5 Cowboys
26-0 Round 6 Titans

36-6 Round 17 Manly
42-6 Round 24 Roosters

52-30 Round 17 Melbourne
40-4 Round 22 Parramatta
38-0 Round 24 Bulldogs

45–12 Round 10 Knights

Wow that really is depressing and the games I have highlighted we were playing for huge stakes, 2016 was for a spot in the top 8 & 2018 we were playing for a top 4 spot and obviously that round 24 game was Nightingale's last game and for the memory of Lance Thompson on top of that, the boys should have extra fired up for those games instead we produced that rubbish, Mary could not fire up a BBQ much less a football team.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Interesting to see just what these player changes are going to be next week that Mary alluded to. Obviously KSimms will grab a spot. But who else? Haven't seen much cup considering 9 and Fox only want to show the Jets or Canterbury games....Who is demanding selection in 2nd grade?
Personally don't think it matters one iota, just want to see if Mary backs up his rhetoric.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Why would they sack someone that they re-signed 4 weeks ago?
Not gonna happen.

Penrith punted Griffin who had a team bound for the Top 4. Like ScoMo last night, miracles happen. Our problem is we have an administration lacking in the stones to make a hard decision because it exposes them to criticism for a premature extension. Our club has a real problem and just like Fonzie cannot admit they are wrong.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Mary's handling of the JDB stance has disgusted me, today he even said he "expected JDB to be available" which is simply baffling. Who is advising the team? From the start he was long odds as his legal standing was lost the moment the NRL implemented the policy. Public figures are stood down with pay in just about every profession for serious court cases

Truly an ameteur of the highest order

Crush

Coach
Penrith punted Griffin who had a team bound for the Top 4. Like ScoMo last night, miracles happen. Our problem is we have an administration lacking in the stones to make a hard decision because it exposes them to criticism for a premature extension. Our club has a real problem and just like Fonzie cannot admit they are wrong.
Yes but what Penrith do and what our dinosaurs do is completely different.
Can you imagine a contract extension 5 weeks into a season after 5 years of very average performances with no other club interested in the coach?
It was done because they are mates.
Just think about that. MARY WAS EXTENDED BECAUSE HE'S A MATE of the board.
Are those mates going to now sack him? Not a chance in hell!
They'll write this year off because of Widdop and JDB and look forward to next year.

Life's Good

Coach
Can you imagine a contract extension 5 weeks into a season after 5 years of very average performances with no other club interested in the coach?
They'll write this year off because of Widdop and JDB and look forward to next year.

Dont get me wrong, I know nothing will change. Actually, what will change is the esteem I held guys like Brian Johnston in for allowing this to continue when he had an opportunity to make a statement about where he wants to take the club.

rednwhites

Juniors
I suggest we bring in a 'co-coach' to work alongside Mary with the sole purpose of annoying him so that he is the one that cracks. Then we don't have to pay out the contract that was so wrongfully given to him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The biggest issue for me regarding McGregor has been the continued playing of busted and injured players.

The list is endless where he has played players who were obviously not fit to play. He even admitted a season or so ago that he left the decision to play up to the player, disregarding any of our medical teams advice.

In the presser for the Knights game he admits again that Lats has been playing injured since round 2. Yet he has been selected each week.

Seriously, this is akin to negligence in 2 ways. Firstly, for the injured player, who runs the risk of more permanent injury, whilst at the same time providing zero impact when he does play, With Lats we have seen this particularly over the last few weeks. Secondly, the other players have to carry the burden of that player, with extra work loads, which of course leads to greater fatigue and a greater chance of injury.
We have reserves, that's what they're there for. Admittedly, Kerr was injured as well but we had young Timm who could have gained valuable experience, or even dare I say Allgood, who could of at least provided a better option than an injured player.

Now, it appears to me very evident that T. SIms is busted, as is Friz and Graham. Host has been bandaged up nearly every game he's played.

McInnes looks like he'll run himself into the ground and be useless come the business end of the season.

And Its only round 10!

As I said negligence in the first degree.

Hardcore Dragon

Juniors

Sad but true. All of it.

XXX

j0nesy

Bench

He actually sounded deflated at the press conference. He even suggested that it might be time for some changes before going back on actually making changes. Then he crapped on about missing a few players, including Lats, which just pissed me off.

I reckon you’re right he’s lost most of the dressing room, bar a few of his pets (Lats and Aitken).

Latest posts