What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Revenue
$3mill Q’land Govt
?545k ticket sales
Corporate sales

Expense
$2.16mill to clubs
Promotion costs
Hire of stadium
All the round the stadium activities and entertainment

Still would have made a nice profit I’d expect.
135,000 tickets sold, if we use an average of $50 is almost $7mill

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Majority would have been discounted tickets for 2 or 3 days of games. Closer to 50k individuals bought tickets id suggest. Thursday was dirt cheap or free.
3 day pass ranged from $75 - $300 and sold out in the first week, Single day pass for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday ranged from $50 - $120. Even taking into account cheap or free tickets the ticket revenue would of been in the millions, not $545k which was the point I was making. Doesn't matter anyway, the game made money, clubs made money and we'll be back there next year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Telstra was handing out thousands to employees, thats how i ended up going and everyone in my area had "comp" written on their tickets too.
Some comps being handed out doesn't mean the majority of the crowd was :joy:

M2D2

Bench
Some comps being handed out doesn't mean the majority of the crowd was :joy:
Some? Once again ill repeat, Telstra handed out THOUSANDS of free tickets.
You want to take that as me saying the majority of the crowd, thats on you.

Timmah

Staff member
Some? Once again ill repeat, Telstra handed out THOUSANDS of free tickets.
You want to take that as me saying the majority of the crowd, thats on you.
You're trying to throw doubt on the fact that the event was lucrative and made plenty of dough.

Good try though.

M2D2

Bench
You're trying to throw doubt on the fact that the event was lucrative and made plenty of dough.

Good try though.
Or i could be telling you that i know FOR A FACT, telstra gave away THOUSANDS of free tickets to games all weekend so the quoted number of sold tickets was simply incorrect.
You want to take that as me saying the event wasnt lucrative or didnt make money, once again, thats on you. Stop trying to inflict your perceived subtext on every post, that cant be healthy

some11

Referee
a1BAZbP.gif

M2D2

Bench
i added a small fact that the number quoted by hoof was incorrect, which is me throwing doubt on its magicness supposedly.
Other f**kers may do that passive aggressive shtick, i f**king dont.
I enjoyed my free ticket to the sunday games despite the son of multi medalist Duncan Armstrong banging the seat between us for an hour or so.

Timmah

Staff member
Or i could be telling you that i know FOR A FACT, telstra gave away THOUSANDS of free tickets to games all weekend so the quoted number of sold tickets was simply incorrect.
You want to take that as me saying the event wasnt lucrative or didnt make money, once again, thats on you. Stop trying to inflict your perceived subtext on every post, that cant be healthy
So what's the point of your input, if not to try and cast doubt?

It would be widely accepted among everyone here that comps were issued across the weekend, much the same as would happened at most event games (and even regular games).

I doubt it would've had any meaningful impact on the income generated from the weekend.

M2D2

Bench
So what's the point of your input, if not to try and cast doubt?

It would be widely accepted among everyone here that comps were issued across the weekend, much the same as would happened at most event games (and even regular games).

I doubt it would've had any meaningful impact on the income generated from the weekend.
To tell you Telstra gave away a whole bay the whole weekend so the number quoted is not accurate.
For f**ks sake how many times do you need to be told the point of my input.

Timmah

Staff member
To tell you Telstra gave away a whole bay the whole weekend so the number quoted is not accurate.
The number wouldn't have been accurate in the first place :joy:

Spot On

Coach

Don't bother with Timmah unless you enjoy fishing from time time.

Chimp

Juniors
Just because Telstra gave away a load of tickets doesn't mean the ticket sales figures aren't accurate. The Telstra giveaways could be on top of the sold tickets.....

Spot On

Coach
Just because Telstra gave away a load of tickets doesn't mean the ticket sales figures aren't accurate. The Telstra giveaways could be on top of the sold tickets.....

Could be.

Would be nice to know exactly how many freebies were given away to a look at the big picture re demand for tickets.

Does anyone have those numbers?