What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

rednwhites

Juniors
Agree mate , he is always putting in .For me he seems to be a bit off in attack the last couple of weeks ......

He isn't timing those big hits as he was last year either. Was thoroughly enjoyable to watch week in, week out.

We need JDB or at least Korbin to come back asap.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Look the reality is that Graham is suffering from the loss of two quality forwards from our pack. Lawrie and Luc are still learning and then there is Latimore. James is being asked to play more minutes and with less quality around him.

Korbin Sims’s return will alleviate things but what you’ve described is the outcome of poor offseason recruitment.

RedVDragon

Juniors
I have to agree.He adds nothing when he comes on. He may be a reasonable standby but thats it.We need someone to come on like Luc does and generate some movement or big hits.Latimore offers neither. Surely we can do better than this!!
Robson on the bench with Field shift Cam McInnes to lock move blocker to front row drop Waste of space latimore and you have options in attach when Robson come on. Similar to what the storm do with the Brandon Smith rotation coming off the bench. That’s why Bellemy is the best coach.

rednwhites

Juniors
I'll say it again. I would like to see some feathers ruffled and giving Graham a spell is just one of them. It's then up to him to respond. Not fair to single out players in moments like these but he has lost all of his aggression and seems more worried about his tv appearances than playing league. His hit ups are weak and he just passes on 70% to break down play. If Mary is finally moved to shake it up then this is where I would start making a statement.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'll say it again. I would like to see some feathers ruffled and giving Graham a spell is just one of them. It's then up to him to respond. Not fair to single out players in moments like these but he has lost all of his aggression and seems more worried about his tv appearances than playing league. His hit ups are weak and he just passes on 70% to break down play. If Mary is finally moved to shake it up then this is where I would start making a statement.

Sure, Graham could be contributing a lot more in terms of “hit ups” but the hooker isn’t helping. The amount of times the first receiver has shaken his hands in anger because McInnes has simply gone the wrong way at the ruck is annoying.

denis preston

First Grade
Blocker gave it to him today deriding the fact that he wouldn't run .

possm

Coach
Sure, Graham could be contributing a lot more in terms of “hit ups” but the hooker isn’t helping. The amount of times the first receiver has shaken his hands in anger because McInnes has simply gone the wrong way at the ruck is annoying.

I think you are on the money. In my opinion the season is over and we won't be able to salvage some pride unless there is a shake-up. Despite what he says, Mary won't make any significant changes however I hope he does the following for the game against the sharks next week:

Backs
1. Lomax - let's test his last line defence, positional play, high ball and kick returns. Might just be the fullback we need
2. Pereira - although I wish we had Saab available
3. Maranta - we have such great depth
4. Lafai - because there is no one else to replace him with
5. Pearson - it is his time to shine
6. Field - our forwards need to dominate
7. Hunt - our forwards need to dominate

Forwards
8. Timm - his time to shine
9. Robson - his time to shine
10. Vaughan - played well today
11. Leilua - played well today
12. Sims - seems to be playing injured
13. McInnes - in for his defence in the middle

Bench
14. Kerr - went ok today
15. K Sims - will be fit for games against the Sharks
16. Lawrie/Host - it will be a toss up
17. Frizell - seems to be playing injured

Dropped
Graham
Dufty
Aitken
Ravalawa
Host/Host

dragonhysteria

Juniors
I am seriously over Graham, offers nothing, players are not responding to his onfield speeches, retire please and free up,some money. Also over Dufty, peirera, ravalawa, and McInnes. Pearson and Marsters on wings, Lomax to,fullback, Norman/field halves, Hunt to 9, Robson to bench and sub for hunt. Terminate Aitkens contract somehow and buy James Roberts.

The calm one

Juniors
I am seriously over Graham, offers nothing, players are not responding to his onfield speeches, retire please and free up,some money. Also over Dufty, peirera, ravalawa, and McInnes. Pearson and Marsters on wings, Lomax to,fullback, Norman/field halves, Hunt to 9, Robson to bench and sub for hunt. Terminate Aitkens contract somehow and buy James Roberts.
Yeah no worries, I will have it done by 5.00pm tomorrow

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Graham’s acquisition was always fraught with danger given his age and the longevity of his career. I realise Packer hasn’t set the world on fire at the Tigers, but he offers more impact than Jimmy (the other one). There may be some who’ll point out his injuries, but if he stayed at Saints who’s to ssy this would’ve still transpired)

Dragon66

Juniors
I can't believe how we are focusing on individuals when they were all so collectively awful.

The problem is obvious. The coaching! There is no structure or plan that they can stick to that moves the opposing defence around or creates opportunities for space out wide for our backs to exploit. Our speedsters are continually running into traffic with no hope of running into any daylight. It appears nobody has any idea of what they have to do to apply pressure on the other team.

The dummy half giving the ball to the first runner to run straight into three defenders for five tackles, and a hit and miss kick at the end is NOT A GAME PLAN, but that's all McGregor gives them judging by their performances. And i agree use of the bench is woeful.

Yesterday seven penalties in a row, all followed by ineffective attack until the Knights defence was tired enough for us to go over and score.

The blame belongs to one person, and one person only. DISGRACEFUL!!!!

possm

Coach
That sounds very much like what Phil Gould would do.

Latest posts