What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronk retiring at end of season

Apey

Staff member
People loved to refer to him as the shittest of the big 3 during his Storm days but I sure would have loved him at my club for the last decade.

Ironically ended up having the best career of the 3 too.

Delboy

First Grade
Great player and decent person, the Roosters will be rewarded with a player that signed for unders at $500k will free up $1million when he retires, that's how it works with the NRL and the Roosters , situation normal :)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k off attention whore.

Always thought he was smarter than others but we all know with a name like coopercronk he was just an upstart bogan.

SBD82

Coach
While everyone else around him was getting the plaudits, I thought he was the key figure for years in the very successful Qld, Aus and Melbourne sides.

Not the fanciest player, but a player that you can build a team around, and who executed gameplans to perfection.

Johns Magic

Referee
Speaking on Triple M's Dead Set Legends, Dan Ginnane read co-host Michael Ennis a quote from Cooper Cronk after Origin III regarding his beautiful kick for Val Holmes (see below).

"To be brutally honest, I was in a state of grace at that particular moment," Cronk said, according to the Daily Telegraph.

"In those few split seconds of time between receiving the ball and landing it at its intended destination, there was no noise in my head whatsoever.

"Every sinew in my body came together - one perfect whole.

"For those that have ever experienced that feeling - and it doesn’t happen very often - will tell you it’s in a whole other place of experience from the usual ego or vanity that drives my game.

"I’m not afraid to own it for what it was. I didn’t feel good or bad about myself afterwards.

"I began to realise that when we are being completely free of our own expectations, the body extends into its natural form, without impediment, and things happen."

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/th...ng-thats-ever-been-said-in-rugby-league-44573

Of the salary cap scandal, he said: "Sometimes it takes a small fire in your village to realise that your personal character at that moment in time is made of hay."

At an all-in media conference the day that story appeared, I asked his captain, Cameron Smith, if he knew what village his halfback was referring to.

"The less said about that the better," Smith said, quickly moving along the conversation.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ing-it-all-away-for-love-20170929-gyr9a1.html

carcharias

Immortal
You spelled Matt Orford wrong.

That was the other game that mattered.

I must say Cronk Grand final games have been .... underwhelming.
Orford
Townsend
Both got him.

The game against the cowboys was a write off .
No Thurston and the cowboys were completely gassed two games before the GF
Even last year
He may as well have not even played ... he did pretty much nothing on account of injury.

Yep
He is shit.
:grinning:

Cooper Cronk's retirement will free up money needed to retain Latrell Mitchell for the next seven years after 2020, and Luke Keary and James Tedesco for the next five years after 2020. At the same time, as halves coach, Coops will be nurturing and mentoring Lachlan Lam into a top quality half, capable of helping the Roosters win their third Grand Final in a row in 2020.