What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Wallace is our attacking coach? Well, that explains a lot. Him + Cleary is hardly an amazing attacking brains trust
Not only wallace, Ciraldo what have they achieve as player to be able to teach down the line. You need a team of champions to build champion players. The guys we have won't cut it. I'd like to see Gower come in as Coach as an attacking option. Someone to replace Cleary that fires up He is too soft and it is showing on the field. The only champion we have who has successful achieve great things is Greg Alexander.

Sadly I dont see anything happening

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Not only wallace, Ciraldo what have they achieve as player to be able to teach down the line. You need a team of champions to build champion players. The guys we have won't cut it. I'd like to see Gower come in as Coach as an attacking option. Someone to replace Cleary that fires up He is too soft and it is showing on the field. The only champion we have who has successful achieve great things is Greg Alexander.

I don't know, it has been relatively commonly reported that superstar players do not necessarily make great coaches because everything came too easily for them as a player and they don't have the necessary appreciation of hard work and team structures. Wallace was no star, of course, but I just don't see that he really had much input into our attack as a team, plus he is too close to all the players as he played with many of them.

betcats

Referee

Trent Robinsons first grade career is like 4 games long.

Das Hassler

Bench
Things being as they are you could really use Tim Sheens.....not as a coach as there's no use talking about what if's that cant be put into play....panthers old boy Sheens as coaching director and prima dona manager....he's one of the best at it.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I don't know, it has been relatively commonly reported that superstar players do not necessarily make great coaches because everything came too easily for them as a player and they don't have the necessary appreciation of hard work and team structures. Wallace was no star, of course, but I just don't see that he really had much input into our attack as a team, plus he is too close to all the players as he played with many of them.
This is a very true accurate statement. However we need someone who players look up to, inspire them teach them how they created chance. Wallace and Ciraldo are not up to it.

The Realist

Juniors
Moylan has awesome ball playing skills, especially when given depth, space and slightly broken play. That is why he was a killer fullback for us despite us at the time having makeshift/journeyman 5/8th's and past their prime/uncreative halfbacks. He lifted that entire team on the back of his creativeness along with the attacking spine.

betcats

Referee
The board are kidding themselves if they think this situation will fix itself they are kidding themselves, it’s deteriorating by the week. Ivan’s got no answer and who else is there? Bryan Fletcher? Lol please.

The Realist

Juniors
The board are kidding themselves if they think this situation will fix itself they are kidding themselves, it’s deteriorating by the week. Ivan’s got no answer and who else is there? Bryan Fletcher? Lol please.

This is a dead club walking. I fully expect a newspaper headline along the lines of; 'How a Father and Son killed a Club'.

The First line would read; It took a Father and his son to win a long awaited 2nd Premiership, but in the quest to win their 3rd, the Panthers gambled everything on another Father and Son combination - and lost it all.

BxTom

Bench
If only we had someone, say a... let's say General Manager of Football Operations... that was a former player and coach, has influence in the media, one of the better minds in the game... then it could happen.
Somebody with a few followers on twitter needs to start a #fanswantGusback #goodbye_dave tweet or similar

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Should be interesting the round 11 team. Jimmy suspended so at least one change, I actually expect more

Sime_11

Juniors
Apologies but can someone quickly breakdown our top 30 squad with who can and cannot be promoted for first grade?

Do we need to have a specific amount of cap on the field at one time or could we go crazy and field the entire/most of the Canterbury cup squad?

Kilkenny

Coach

I can't see Ivan being sacked within the first three years of his contract he will almost certainly be given time to turn things around whether we like it or not. We can only hope he finds some answers, perhaps shakes up his support staff, brings in a couple of astute signings and like you said yourself we have the nucleus of a decent side.