What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Knights...

hazzbeen

Bench
I just want to single out Field.

He hasn’t been allowed to show much in attack given the team’s performance the last few weeks but I think he has done well.

He was targeted all day yesterday in defence and stood up but for one instance which led to a try.
There have been worse than him .....

possm

Coach
I just want to single out Field.

He hasn’t been allowed to show much in attack given the team’s performance the last few weeks but I think he has done well.

He was targeted all day yesterday in defence and stood up but for one instance which led to a try.
We need a big strong fullback with speed. Right now I would say Lomax for Dufty.

Field in the 6 jumper has a long way to go however, maybe in the 3 jumper he can make his mark. There would need to be a plan to assist him when the big bobbers come thundering towards him however, this would not be the first time that would be done.

Right now we have a serious problem at 1 and at 5. My suggestion is Lomax to 1 and Pearson to 5 which will mean finding a suitabable player to ware the 3 jumper; for me that is Roberts and if possible target Oats as well.

In the forwards I'd day give Robson a go and at least see what he can do and before June 30, speak to RCG's manager and Merin's manager in an effort to gain one of these players prior to June 30.

Wasn't brownie in trouble at 1-5 a month ago.
Players make the mistakes .
Hunt Kicking out on three occasions .
Lomax kicking out on the full dropping the ball .
They are all accountable.
Of course players make mistakes but why is Hunt playing like a world beater one day and like a park footballer the next?
Why are our overall stats compared to the top 4 teams, rubbish?
I'll ask the question again:
What % of responsibility does the coach have in the performance of the team?
After getting flogged 45-12 I think it is hard for you to find any realistic support for the coach.
It's not even the losses that bother me, it's the way we have been losing.
"Capitulation" is not an acceptable standard for an NRL team let alone St. George.
Do you like watching McGregor's excusathon at the pressers?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Of course players make mistakes but why is Hunt playing like a world beater one day and like a park footballer the next?
Why are our overall stats compared to the top 4 teams, rubbish?
I'll ask the question again:
What % of responsibility does the coach have in the performance of the team?
After getting flogged 45-12 I think it is hard for you to find any realistic support for the coach.
It's not even the losses that bother me, it's the way we have been losing.
"Capitulation" is not an acceptable standard for an NRL team let alone St. George.
Do you like watching McGregor's excusathon at the pressers?

Love the way McGregor states were a top four side for the first forty and abottom four side for the second half.

He really is delusional.
Were a bottom four side at best, all day.

Love the way McGregor states were a top four side for the first forty and abottom four side for the second half.

He really is delusional.
Were a bottom four side at best, all day.
I didn't think it was possible but he is actually expanding his repertoire of excuses that he delivers with such conviction at the press conference.
Anyone watching him for the first time would quite easily believe him.

dragonreddy

Juniors
We need a big strong fullback with speed. Right now I would say Lomax for Dufty.

Field in the 6 jumper has a long way to go however, maybe in the 3 jumper he can make his mark. There would need to be a plan to assist him when the big bobbers come thundering towards him however, this would not be the first time that would be done.

Right now we have a serious problem at 1 and at 5. My suggestion is Lomax to 1 and Pearson to 5 which will mean finding a suitabable player to ware the 3 jumper; for me that is Roberts and if possible target Oats as well.

In the forwards I'd day give Robson a go and at least see what he can do and before June 30, speak to RCG's manager and Merin's manager in an effort to gain one of these players prior to June 30.

We had a big strong fullback who is now playing at the Sharks, Dufty is a boy playing against men and unfortunately speed isnt going to help his defence.

This whole team is full of players that ,barring a few have been either bought as discards from other clubs with the main attraction being their subsidised salary first playing ability second, or as in B Hunt's case way too much paid for at best a hot and cold type of player ,when what was needed was an onfield organiser to help counteract our lack of coaching ability.

What we are seeing now is chickens coming home to roost with way too many players going through the motions because they have had contracts extended ,Lafai is one that springs to mind he plays ok for a handful of games then reverts back to compulsive offloading and shit reads in defence and Aitken must be the dumbest reader of opposing side attacking raids in the comp plus he continually gives away penalties for the same offences week after week.

I reckon all you have said above has merit Possum ,but to me Millward is the bargain hunter of the NRL and it shows in our side ,while that strategy works occasionally it wont work regularly yet he will continue to scrap around instead of going for Roberts and Oates.

Beggars belief why the club does this ,and then they splash out on a not so big name ie Hunt but pay him superstar money,end of the day he doesnt give an adequate return on investment and neither has Widdop.for that matter as evidenced by our results since 2014.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I think Hunt, Dufty, Lafai, Aitken, Lomax, Rava and Lawrie, not to mention Latimore who was mercifully, at least for him, out injured, have been mentioned as needing to be dropped by members on this forum. Throw in JDB, Norman and Widdop being out and I'd like to know where our replacements of NRL standard come from. Korbin back, but who else can come in who will actually strengthen the team and make it more competitive? Tims? Maybe, but Kerr got a run and was not earth shattering. Robson? Perhaps. But great white hopes have existed before, remember Cummins, Quinlan and Mundine (the younger) during Price's time? Any side adding Norman, Korbin, Widdop and JDB to their team would compete but only one of them will be on the field this week. Pearson and Algood -they are nothing special. We have to face up to the fact that without Norman or Widdop we verge on the mediocre, especially with Tariq carrying an injury. Field is trying but is very green and Luc, while improving, shows little consistency, while Host has not had the impact that I thought he might. By the way Vaughan should be paid double his salary. I have felt sorry for him over the past few weeks. Arthur saw Parra have 64 points laid on them but they came back this week and should have won. Us? We'll see, but Mary can't use JDB decision this week and Korbin will be back. Excuses are disappearing for Mary but you can only replace players if you have someone ready for the NRL level to take their place. I don't think we do. We can replace players but we will have the same result with different faces thats all.

possm

Coach
I think Hunt, Dufty, Lafai, Aitken, Lomax, Rava and Lawrie, not to mention Latimore who was mercifully, at least for him, out injured, have been mentioned as needing to be dropped by members on this forum. Throw in JDB, Norman and Widdop being out and I'd like to know where our replacements of NRL standard come from. Korbin back, but who else can come in who will actually strengthen the team and make it more competitive? Tims? Maybe, but Kerr got a run and was not earth shattering. Robson? Perhaps. But great white hopes have existed before, remember Cummins, Quinlan and Mundine (the younger) during Price's time? Any side adding Norman, Korbin, Widdop and JDB to their team would compete but only one of them will be on the field this week. Pearson and Algood -they are nothing special. We have to face up to the fact that without Norman or Widdop we verge on the mediocre, especially with Tariq carrying an injury. Field is trying but is very green and Luc, while improving, shows little consistency, while Host has not had the impact that I thought he might. By the way Vaughan should be paid double his salary. I have felt sorry for him over the past few weeks. Arthur saw Parra have 64 points laid on them but they came back this week and should have won. Us? We'll see, but Mary can't use JDB decision this week and Korbin will be back. Excuses are disappearing for Mary but you can only replace players if you have someone ready for the NRL level to take their place. I don't think we do. We can replace players but we will have the same result with different faces thats all.
But, but, but Millward and Mary are doing a great job!

Warabrook saint

Juniors
We had a big strong fullback who is now playing at the Sharks, Dufty is a boy playing against men and unfortunately speed isnt going to help his defence.

This whole team is full of players that ,barring a few have been either bought as discards from other clubs with the main attraction being their subsidised salary first playing ability second, or as in B Hunt's case way too much paid for at best a hot and cold type of player ,when what was needed was an onfield organiser to help counteract our lack of coaching ability.

What we are seeing now is chickens coming home to roost with way too many players going through the motions because they have had contracts extended ,Lafai is one that springs to mind he plays ok for a handful of games then reverts back to compulsive offloading and shit reads in defence and Aitken must be the dumbest reader of opposing side attacking raids in the comp plus he continually gives away penalties for the same offences week after week.

I reckon all you have said above has merit Possum ,but to me Millward is the bargain hunter of the NRL and it shows in our side ,while that strategy works occasionally it wont work regularly yet he will continue to scrap around instead of going for Roberts and Oates.

Beggars belief why the club does this ,and then they splash out on a not so big name ie Hunt but pay him superstar money,end of the day he doesnt give an adequate return on investment and neither has Widdop.for that matter as evidenced by our results since 2014.
McGregor wanted Hunt, and now can't get him to play consistently good football just like he can't get the team to play consistently

Latest posts