What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I thought Optus stadium in Perth could be rolled into a rectangular formation..

And if they were ever going to do it..

You would think this a league final it would happen..

beave

Coach
glad they got an app out, how’s about the state gov release some current updates pics on the build??

azza29

Juniors

The stands themselves don't move but there is some temporary seating that they set up on the sides and ends, had this in place for the NRL double header last year. Not quite a rectangle but better than nothing.

Edit: this article has a photo showing it: https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/p...-stadium-suit-rectangular-sport-ng-b88770342z

siv

First Grade
Most if the problems with oval stadiums is the electronic advertising that runs down the eastern sideline

It blocks the view from the Eastern seats

Quidgybo

Bench
Farq the crocs are in the stands?
It’s not unknown for the mangroves along Ross Creek to have crocs (especially the further upstream you go towards the old dump). The new stadium is right next to the creek and pretty much where the mangroves start. Drunk football fans late at night, seems the right demographic, So, who knows?

Leigh.

VictoryFC

Bench
I wonder if that ground is going to be the first to have a fan taken by a crocodile.

Thought this would be appropriate here, stadium in Turkey:

images

images

siv

First Grade
The signage at the A-League GF was virtual, for this reason.

Now thats much smarter use of onfield technology

We use it for other advertising

And people on the Eastern stands cant see whats on those electronic board anyway

I would also like to add a rule that camera men and signage cannot be placed within 2m of the touch in goal

taipan

Referee
It’s not unknown for the mangroves along Ross Creek to have crocs (especially the further upstream you go towards the old dump). The new stadium is right next to the creek and pretty much where the mangroves start. Drunk football fans late at night, seems the right demographic, So, who knows?

Leigh.

As long as the crocs pay their way,I don't have a problem.Seen one drunk football fan, seen them all.

VictoryFC

Bench
Now thats much smarter use of onfield technology

We use it for other advertising

And people on the Eastern stands cant see whats on those electronic board anyway

I would also like to add a rule that camera men and signage cannot be placed within 2m of the touch in goal

Boards of any kind are intended solely for television viewers.

jargan83

Coach

According to report over here they were going to install the temporary seating if the ticket sales reached 58,000 by Friday. I assume they didn't hit that target given the attendance was just below 57,000.