What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Vs Warriors

panther.mike

Juniors
Our hookers are predictable and slow. Katoa stands to indicate which way he will pass then picks the ball up from the play the ball and takes at least two steps before passing slowwwwwww never ,never runs from dummy half and can,t grubber kick HELP.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Thank you 'The Frog' for the top 30 list. I must admit it does not excite me into thinking we have untried talent that will make a huge difference. As far as I can see only three have not played first grade: Paea Pua Nick Lui-Toso and Jed Cartwright all forwards. So no strike power waiting in the wings to score all those tries we are missing out on well at least not until after 30 June. Deep breath and hope!!

Kilkenny

Coach
From the above list there is no doubt there will be at least half a dozen who will not be here next season. Maloney is the most high profile and highest earner who Ivan may be keen to see leave early and there are the obvious one's whose one year deals end. Jack Hetherington could be released early given he has fallen out of favour for non football related incident. Most of the available spots will be filled from within and perhaps one of two from outside our club. I can't see there being any 'big name' or 'big money' recruits for 2020.

Bob

Juniors
From the above list there is no doubt there will be at least half a dozen who will not be here next season. Maloney is the most high profile and highest earner who Ivan may be keen to see leave early and there are the obvious one's whose one year deals end. Jack Hetherington could be released early given he has fallen out of favour for non football related incident. Most of the available spots will be filled from within and perhaps one of two from outside our club. I can't see there being any 'big name' or 'big money' recruits for 2020.
Whilst big name or big money recruits would be nice to get some players in with a hard edge would be a good start, players that give a f**k

Kilkenny

Coach
Whilst big name or big money recruits would be nice to get some players in with a hard edge would be a good start, players that give a f**k

A front rower who rips in, can play good minutes and can generate second phase play would be a good place to start.

Bob

Juniors
A front rower who rips in, can play good minutes and can generate second phase play would be a good place to start.
It certainly would, Corey Jensen from the cowboys would be ideal, strongest pound for pound in the club I believe, fans rate him but green has him stuck behind Scott and Bolton

Panfa

Juniors
Yeah lui toso is a strange one he rips in each week has been here for 2yrs now and hasn't seen 1 1st grade game poor bloke.

And this is a major gripe that I have! We have a squad of almost 30 that have the opportunity to play first grade. Three of which are forwards, an area that is, no doubt, a major concern. Yet, we don’t use them. Why? Furthermore, could we do any worse by giving these guys a chance?

franklin2323

Immortal
And this is a major gripe that I have! We have a squad of almost 30 that have the opportunity to play first grade. Three of which are forwards, an area that is, no doubt, a major concern. Yet, we don’t use them. Why? Furthermore, could we do any worse by giving these guys a chance?

Personally only Kikau has earn't his spot. The rest I'd drop if we could so I see no reason to not try them

betcats

Referee
Given the reports of factions in the team id have no problems with mass changes. These merkins don’t want to be professionals then they deserve a stunt in nsw cup. Give a few kids a run whose only concern is making the most of their opportunity. Sure they will make stupid errors but it won’t be through lack of effort or a poor attitude.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given the reports of factions in the team id have no problems with mass changes. These merkins don’t want to be professionals then they deserve a stunt in nsw cup. Give a few kids a run whose only concern is making the most of their opportunity. Sure they will make stupid errors but it won’t be through lack of effort or a poor attitude.

I'd rather have a bunch of NSW Cup guys putting in 100% and being outclassed then all the talent and them not put in. DWZ would be on my list to go down this week. Sadly him and a forward for Winterstein is probably all we can do

Das Hassler

Bench
Nathan stayed to play with the friends he grew up with...with all of the dynamics in play can you imagine how confused that guy is right now.

Fangs

Coach
Nathan stayed to play with the friends he grew up with...with all of the dynamics in play can you imagine how confused that guy is right now.

Far from my favourite player but feeling a bit sorry for him.

If the rumours of a player rift are true then he is in a most unenviable position. Can you imagine his team mates will confide in him while his dad is coach of the team? He could easily find himself ostracised from the group.

But that is what he signed up for.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Far from my favourite player but feeling a bit sorry for him.

If the rumours of a player rift are true then he is in a most unenviable position. Can you imagine his team mates will confide in him while his dad is coach of the team? He could easily find himself ostracised from the group.

Ivan coming to Penrith has not helped Nathan at all. It just creates added pressure and the situations you mentioned can occur.

Ivan should have stayed at the Tigers and let Nathan be his own man.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan coming to Penrith has not helped Nathan at all. It just creates added pressure and the situations you mentioned can occur.

Its also very different to the Lang situation. Martin was a senior player but he was a prop. He wasn't part of the spine or captain of the team (Maybe the 'leadership group' if that existed back then).

He was also a lot older than Nathan and that experience + his time with his dad at the Sharks made it less of an issue.

Das Hassler

Bench

Not really. ...i think he's a good guy who really just wanted to stay. ...Ivan's put him in this position. That departed Gus was a personal mentor to many since they were changing from school shorts to footy shorts has added to the conflicted feelings around the place. Only way out of this would be for Ivan to bite the bullet and go and coach in the ESL...he's said he can't coach against his son and the attitudes towards him are now about irreperable ...he's lost most of the supporters and the majority of the Panther old boys in the media. This situation is beyond whether or not he can coach...anytime Nathan says anything to his teammates now it will be.."is that coming from you or your old man?" If the panthers had flown out of the blocks this year it could have worked for awhile as many odd things do in good times.

Pomoz

Bench

It is so bloody obvious to anybody with half a brain. Family and business need to be separate, it rarely ends well when the two are mixed, especially in a small team environment like a football team.

Panfa

Juniors
I noticed spencer leniu got canterbury cup man of the match he had a whale of a game him and campbell gillard combined ran for over 400m against the warriors reserves.