What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Mary will drop Dufty, Ravalawa, Host.
I think you will be proven correct. If Norman is fit to play, then Mary may move Field to fullback, Lomax to the wing and Korbin will come in for Host.

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Crush, I can recall many positive posts from you so your dejection which I share is a certainly a sign of a Dragons' low point. I cannot recall a Mary Press Conference in which he looked so red-faced and seemingly lost for answers.

No doubt Mary continues to believe he picks the best available players each week. If he cannot shake himself free from this belief then one significant avenue for improvement is denied to the team. I was pleased when he first picked Zac at centre but that was assuming that Aitken would play from the bench in the middle if there was no injured back to cover. Replacing Zac last week put a lie to that strategy and again emphasised the coach's incompetence.

Until the Roosters match I had been happy enough to play Lattimore but he has so clearly added nothing from the bench in the past 3 losses that any sane selector would be looking to the next prop in line whether that is Timm or Kerr. Of course the way Mary thinks it might be Allgood. But being out of the country I don't know how the form of these three measures up.

If Mary only thinks of Aitken as his reserve back he continues to force the team to play undermanned. I think McInnes has been great this year but that Lawton from the Warriors killed us on Saturday - who is to say the talented Robson could not do the same to the Knights? But I cannot imagine the stubborn Mary choosing a player who is looking elsewhere for his opportunity.

An issue I would like to see addressed is the captaincy. Three captains, Mary? One of your worst ideas!!

Crush, to cope with our dejection I would like to end with some positive thoughts. When you hit the bottom the only way is up. I thought Jai was a breath of fresh air last week. Additionally unlike 2016 and the losing runs of 2015, 2017 and 2018 I do not think the team is necessarily playing all that badly. But trying to win with 14 or 15 vs 17 on a regular basis is a really tough ask.
Can I join you overseas? If the Sharks beat us this weak I’ll be so depressed, especially if ScoMo does that silly dance when the Sharks score.

Old Timer

Coach
Interesting news with Dufty named at FB in CC and no Pearson
The HO crew are so professional have a look at the date for the game and then say it is Rd 1o v Knights.
Talk about cut & paste.

CC Dragons team: Round 11 v Newtown

Author
Dragons.com.audragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 21 May 2019, 03:32 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra Canterbury Cup NSW coach Mat Head has named his Round 11 team to play the Newtown Jets for the Tom Kirk Cup at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Sunday, June 26.

The CC Dragons will kick-off at 1:50pm and will act as the curtain-raiser to the NRL fixture between St George Illawarra and the Sharks.

Jersey Flegg have another competition-wide bye weekend in Round 11.

Canterbury Cup team: Round 10 v Knights –

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jason Saab
3. Lachlan Maranta
4. Steven Marsters
5. Tristan Sailor
6. Adam Clune
7. Darren Nicholls (c)
8. Mitch Allgood
9. Eli Levido
10. Lachlan Timm
11. Charly Runciman
12. Jackson Ford
13. Joe Lovodua

blacksafake

First Grade
Interesting news with Dufty named at FB in CC and no Pearson
The HO crew are so professional have a look at the date for the game and then say it is Rd 1o v Knights.
Talk about cut & paste.

CC Dragons team: Round 11 v Newtown

Author
Dragons.com.audragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 21 May 2019, 03:32 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra Canterbury Cup NSW coach Mat Head has named his Round 11 team to play the Newtown Jets for the Tom Kirk Cup at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Sunday, June 26.

The CC Dragons will kick-off at 1:50pm and will act as the curtain-raiser to the NRL fixture between St George Illawarra and the Sharks.

Jersey Flegg have another competition-wide bye weekend in Round 11.

Canterbury Cup team: Round 10 v Knights –

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jason Saab
3. Lachlan Maranta
4. Steven Marsters
5. Tristan Sailor
6. Adam Clune
7. Darren Nicholls (c)
8. Mitch Allgood
9. Eli Levido
10. Lachlan Timm
11. Charly Runciman
12. Jackson Ford
13. Joe Lovodua
I'm happy to see Allgood there & not promoted.

blacksafake

First Grade
Well I'm surprised he's made so many changes but there needed to be,didn't there.
Are we a bit light on in the prop rotation with Host & Robson on the bench.
Could Host play 80 at 13 or swap with Friz & use Lawrie in the prop rotation.It will interesting to see how he actually uses Robson if at all.
We've got this one.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
what the f**k theres no doubt marys just made the forum delerious what happened all the changes we all wanted its taken 5 yrs but credit where credits due GO THE BIG RED V

Latest posts