What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Mr Spock!

Referee
I don't even think it was necessarily a joke.

I think he wanted to portray a bromance or whatever and used a term he later realised could be misleading.

Course, no one bats an eye when women call their mates girlfriend.

Massive storm in a teacup.

Yeah blokes don't go around calling their mates boyfriend, bro.

undertaker

Coach
Surely this was all Steve Waugh’s fault??
ROFL! Good one.

I also heard an interview from someone who got tipped off about the incident on the Ray Hadley Show and the cop out of this being 'another episode of Bipolar Disorder' got brought up during the interview.

Far out. Trying to use all this mental health terminology as an excuse for bad behaviour. As you implied, it's just never the offender's fault.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
ROFL! Good one.

I also heard an interview from someone who got tipped off about the incident on the Ray Hadley Show and the cop out of this being 'another episode of Bipolar Disorder' got brought up during the interview.

Far out. Trying to use all this mental health terminology as an excuse for bad behaviour. As you implied, it's just never the offender's fault.

Yeah, I can't speak for this incident, but that's a really dumb statement.

Timbo

Staff member
Is there any word on who has the streaming rights for the Ashes? My house doesn’t get the best channel nine signal. I know that Fox/Kayo don’t have it apparently - will it be on Nine Now?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is there any word on who has the streaming rights for the Ashes? My house doesn’t get the best channel nine signal. I know that Fox/Kayo don’t have it apparently - will it be on Nine Now?

Its called the Specsavers ashes, could be brilliant marketing ploy if umpires screw up, or Khawaja keeps getting bowled by straight Moeen deliveries

Im pretty sure ch9 have it, as well as ABC radio

Timbo

Staff member
Its called the Specsavers ashes, could be brilliant marketing ploy if umpires screw up, or Khawaja keeps getting bowled by straight Moeen deliveries

Im pretty sure ch9 have it, as well as ABC radio

Yeah I know Nine have it - but someone has to own the streaming rights to it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The t20 world cup next year will feature 16 nations, looks like not Zimbabwe

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27216123/zimbabwe-suspended-icc-government-interference

Zimbabwe have been suspended from the ICC with immediate effect. ICC funding to Zimbabwe Cricket has been frozen, and representative teams from Zimbabwe will not be allowed to participate in any ICC events while under suspension, making Zimbabwe's participation in the Women's T20 World Cup Qualifier in August and Men's T20 World Cup Qualifier in October highly unlikely.

After several rounds of meetings in London this week, the ICC Board unanimously decided that Zimbabwe Cricket was in breach of Article 2.4 (c) and (d) of the ICC Constitution, and that the actions of the Sports and Recreation Commission (SRC) in suspending the board in June constituted government interference in Zimbabwe Cricket's affairs.

"We do not take the decision to suspend a Member lightly, but we must keep our sport free from political interference," ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar said. "What has happened in Zimbabwe is a serious breach of the ICC Constitution and we cannot allow it to continue unchecked."

ESPNcricinfo understands that a major part of the ICC's reasoning in blocking funds to ZC was that it was concerned the money might be diverted to the Zimbabwe government instead of being utilised for the development of cricket and the players.

Zimbabwe is in the midst of an economic crisis, with inflation figures increasing exponentially and price increases at a 10-year high as government coffers empty. According to an official who attended the meetings this week, since the ICC disburses funds in US dollars to member boards, it feared that the Zimbabwean government would seize the funds and hence the extreme step of barring ZC its funding had to be taken.

Zimbabwe's sanctioning marks the very first time a Full Member has been suspended by the ICC - although Sri Lanka were warned in 2015 by the then ICC chief executive David Richardson that they were at risk of immediate sanction for government interference in their administration. Various Associate Members are currently under suspension, including Nepal. However, Nepal's national teams have been allowed to continue participating in ICC events during suspension, as had USA during their recent suspension and expulsion period from June 2015 through January 2019.

Latest posts