What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The way ahead for rugby in Australia

Shark62

Juniors
It’s an interesting topic this one. There is no doubt rugby comps are shrinking throughout the country at all levels
The 2003 World Cup seems a long time ago.
But afl comps are dying as well. Around where I live clubs are going belly up everywhere.
And we all know the problems league faces after under 13s.
Interesting times.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It’s an interesting topic this one. There is no doubt rugby comps are shrinking throughout the country at all levels
The 2003 World Cup seems a long time ago.
But afl comps are dying as well. Around where I live clubs are going belly up everywhere.
And we all know the problems league faces after under 13s.
Interesting times.

Same where I live, its not just Rugby, its AFL, Soccer and Cricket as well,

once kids get to 13 they just seem to give junior sport away now for some reason

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Alot of factors at play here. The Australian sporting pie is only so big. Seems any sport that boasts to be 'National' is going hard to grab a slice of it. League and AFL will always be the dominant winter/football codes. Up to the rest to scramble and get their share of the pie.
I believe what Rugby Aus is going through at the moment is an inevitable re-adjustment phase to a second tier sport. You could argue it always has been but with the $$ well and truly drying up it can't pretend to compete with the AFL and NRL juggernauts any more.

The way ahead for the union in Australia is to bite down hard on the Remington and pull the trigger.

Night night, trolls.

See if you can break your record for latching on to one of my posts, Gutterfax.

Current record 1 second. :joy:

Stavros

Bench
The way ahead for the union in Australia is to bite down hard on the Remington and pull the trigger.

Night night, trolls.

See if you can break your record for latching on to one of my posts, Gutterfax.

Current record 1 second. :joy:
Hahaha I love how he calls other people trolls!
Good one Insider

Shark62

Juniors
Hahaha I love how he calls other people trolls!
Good one Insider
He’s an angry lad. He’s never on topic either. As for rugby union I think it’s almost gone past the point of no return in Australia. Needs some serious new administrators to pull it out of this mess.