What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Big D

The club is a lot poorer from today with the loss of Big D.

When you consider the turmoil of the last 10 years with the turnover of players, coaches, staff, boards, the loss of a real club man like this is devastating. He has been through it all. The guy has been around the club for 40 years. Everyone just gets on with it when the others have been moved on. This will not be the same. I can tell you the players will be devastated. Hopefully they can rally for tomorrow night.

Beyond him being a great club man he was a great bloke. I've known him quite well for the last few years and a better person you wouldn't meet. Old time Aussie larrikin, straight forward, knockabout bloke who'd go out of his way for you. Geez he told me some good player stories over the years which cant be repeated and his honest appraisal of the teams performance after a game was worth a listen especially after a loss. Some around the club called him Denis F on account of his favourite word

You can't replace people like this in club land or life.

RIP bid fella the world is a lesser place without you

emjaycee

Coach
Why did the club not honour Denis with a minutes silence on Thursday night.? Piss poor I reckon.
They were committed to celebrating Indigenous Round and made a comment somewhere on the website that there would be recognition of Big D's service to the club at the Bunnies game next week.