What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DWZ requests release from Penrith

Pedge1971

First Grade
I was reading a story where Ivan was saying Nathan should be selected because it’s not about form anyway. I literally read it as I’m his dad and I love him so there leave him alone.

No fan of News journos but the press conference on 360 tonight from Ivan was embarrassing.

I actually agreed with Kent. Then went and vomited, shat myself and showered to cleanse my soul.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
4.5 more years too.

Ultimate irony if DWZ ends up at the Tigers with Madge who made him kiwis captain

I feel for Nathan. If the whole thing goes completely tits up over a longer period, that puts him in a very awkward position. I'd imagine it already is - and his form would show that (although hard to play well in a shit side like Penrith). The whole Nathan and me thing was bogus from the start, Ivan always struck me as less flighty and silly than that.

Just always remember, karma is a thing, people. Shit always finds a way of tracking back towards you.

Pommy

Coach
DWZ can captain Poland because of the Zelesniak lineage. With DWZ at fullback, brother Malakai on the wing, and Leeds Rhinos Mikolaj Oledzki at prop, Poland would have the basis of a strong team in the 2021 World Cup.

The qualifying is almost complete so no idea what you’re talking about.
The big question is has he any French heritage?

Chimp

Juniors
No fan of News journos but the press conference on 360 tonight from Ivan was embarrassing.

I actually agreed with Kent. Then went and vomited, shat myself and showered to cleanse my soul.

Ivan used to have a reputation as a really good, stand up guy - but he's massively eroded that over the last 12 months.
His 'sulky little bitch' attitude in the press conferences stinks. The Penrith fans deserve a better explanation that the BS he's dishing up at the moment. Nobody expects fine details, but you at least want a bit of substance around what sort of things they're doing to patch things up, or even a denial along the lines of 'when you're in a losing patch, there will always be rumours of disharmony, the only way forward is to work hard together as a team and start winning some games, and then those types of rumours will disappear'.... but no, he plays the whole 'no comment, I'm not gonna talk about selections, blah blah blah'...
He was even asked a question about Mansour and RCG being recalled, and he still gave 'no comment'. If I were a Panthers fan, I'd be seriously pissed at his lack of respect.
I notice he'd got no problem talking about NSW selection and talking up why Nathan should be there.
He's not coming across well at all, and I'd suggest his attitude is a reflection of some of the goings on behind closed doors at Penrith. It seems a toxic culture at the moment.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I feel for Nathan. If the whole thing goes completely tits up over a longer period, that puts him in a very awkward position. I'd imagine it already is - and his form would show that (although hard to play well in a shit side like Penrith). The whole Nathan and me thing was bogus from the start, Ivan always struck me as less flighty and silly than that.

Just always remember, karma is a thing, people. Shit always finds a way of tracking back towards you.

What could it have been about then?

Job security? Cash? He had both at the Tigers and he still had his word.

If not for Nathan, then why cause the massive drama that he did last year?

adamkungl

Immortal
Just goes from bad to worse at Penriff

I've always given DWZ shit for the fake tough guy attitude but he is a quality player and clearly gives a shit, more than you can say for the rest of them.

No no no no no

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Who wants a premiership?

Sign a representative player turfed out at Penrith as an apparent problem and they help you win.

Roosters and Sharks know this to be true.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bulldogs Broncos Cowboys could all use a class FB

Would love to see him go to Wests but they have way too much tied up in Mbye

big hit!

Bench
Here is the big problem at Penrith. Too many players that think they are super stars but are rubbish or borderline NRL players at best. Never liked this bloke on the field and as soon as he gets dropped he spits the dummy. Send him back to St Mary's Sydney Shield

it was 'cleary' to most that once Ivan upped and left Wests to go to Penrith that anything he ever had to say about attitude, commitment, loyalty, etc from then on in public or among the panthers playing group, were hollow and meaningless. The decision he made was professional suicide.

Actions speak louder than words, and DWZ is merely following his leader's illustrious example.

Tiger5150

Bench
Ivan used to have a reputation as a really good, stand up guy - but he's massively eroded that over the last 12 months.
His 'sulky little bitch' attitude in the press conferences stinks. The Penrith fans deserve a better explanation that the BS he's dishing up at the moment. Nobody expects fine details, but you at least want a bit of substance around what sort of things they're doing to patch things up, or even a denial along the lines of 'when you're in a losing patch, there will always be rumours of disharmony, the only way forward is to work hard together as a team and start winning some games, and then those types of rumours will disappear'.... but no, he plays the whole 'no comment, I'm not gonna talk about selections, blah blah blah'...
He was even asked a question about Mansour and RCG being recalled, and he still gave 'no comment'. If I were a Panthers fan, I'd be seriously pissed at his lack of respect.
I notice he'd got no problem talking about NSW selection and talking up why Nathan should be there.
He's not coming across well at all, and I'd suggest his attitude is a reflection of some of the goings on behind closed doors at Penrith. It seems a toxic culture at the moment.

His current attitude and demeanour is EXACTLY as it was at the Tigers when the cat was out of the bag about the back door shenanigans at Penrith. His demeanour IMMEDIATELY switched from his previous calm all business composed demeanour to the sulky little bitch attitude where it was all media misinformation. It seems to me that THIS is the real Ivan, particularly when under pressure. The cool calm composed Ivan, man of integrity persona that he traded on for years is clearly just a show and what we see now is the real man.

Latest posts