What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG Digicel Cups expands in 2019

mikail-eagle

Bench
Are more and more people moving from The rural communities and into the cities and towns in PNG like Port Moresby, Lae, goroka and mount hagen etc ME??

Port Moresby has definitely grown in the last decade and is still growing and expanding both upwards into the skys and outwards into the Central Province in all four directions.

I only moved here for work 16 years ago and it is so much more different then when I first arrived here.

Lae, Mt Hagen and Kokopo are the other 3 that have grown in the last decade albeit at a slower rate than Port Moresby.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This is a great story I saw today on the Komo rugby league Facebook page. Awesome to see our great game being a conduit for putting aside violence and differences. Best of luck to the kids and their and the new competition.

“After 6 years of tribal fighting in the Hela Province, the youth of Komo have taken it upon themselves to reject being led into tribal fighting and have started the first ever rugby competition in Komo which includes Male and Female teams.”

mikail-eagle

Bench
Round 6 Results.

Gulf Isou 12 Lae Tigers 32
Central Dabaris 10 Waghi Tumbe 24
Mendi Muruks 22
Hela Wigmen 18
Rabaul Gurias 44 Mt Hagen Eagles 6
Goroka Lahanis 30 Enga Mioks 28
Kimbe Cutters 4 Port Moresby Vipers 10

mikail-eagle

Bench
60644175_680246779096192_3068748678383534080_n.jpg

mikail-eagle

Bench
Round 7 Results

1. Central Dabari 10 Hela Wigmen 30
2. Gulf Isou 16 Mendi Muruks 14
3. Lae Tigers 22 Goroka Lahanis 22
4. Rabaul Gurias 18 Enga Mioks 10
5. Waghi Tumbe 26 Kimbe Cutters 8
6. Mt Hagen Eagles 14 Pom Vipers 10

The Lae Tigers drew their game against the Goroka Lahanis.
This means the Rabaul Gurias are now the only undefeated Team after 7 rounds.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Will be interesting to see if the Rabaul Gurias can win 8 in row.
Their X Factor in Fullback Terry Wapi has been called up by the Hunters to debut for them this weekend.

mikail-eagle

Bench
How old is Wapi ME and has he signed for the hunters full time or just a kind of trial period??

Wapi is about 20 or 21.
He debuted for the Gurias last year. He came through the Lae Tigers acedemy but had established players infront of him so he switched to the Gurias.

He wasn't part of the Hunters 60 men preseason squad but his performances in the first 7 rounds have really stood out. Between rounds 2 and 5 he won 4 mom awards in a row.

I think the Hunters fullback position is his to keep if he performs. Of the 3 players who have played Fullback for the Hunters this year, 2 have been cut loose for disciplinary issues and the other is badly out of form.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Wapi is about 20 or 21.
He debuted for the Gurias last year. He came through the Lae Tigers acedemy but had established players infront of him so he switched to the Gurias.

He wasn't part of the Hunters 60 men preseason squad but his performances in the first 7 rounds have really stood out. Between rounds 2 and 5 he won 4 mom awards in a row.

I think the Hunters fullback position is his to keep if he performs. Of the 3 players who have played Fullback for the Hunters this year, 2 have been cut loose for disciplinary issues and the other is badly out of form.
Cheers ME. As always.

Let’s hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Cheers ME. As always.

Let’s hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands.

Probably just a coincidence but Wapi left the Lae Tigers last year and moved to the Gurias because there was a player called Joshua Sam in front him at the Tigers.

And in an ironic twist of fate he is getting into the Hunters because the new Hunters first choice fullback this year, Joshua Sam, the same player who kept him out of the Tigers got sacked last week for some alcohol related incident.

Latest posts