What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Eels

franklin2323

Immortal
Even after a pretty gutsy and courageous win 90% of the narrative on here is negative.

The Eels would be disappointed with there second half performance but I thought our defence frustrated them into errors.

I can't speak for others but for me. This one win while good means nothing if we go back to playing rubbish next week.

age.s

First Grade
Even after a pretty gutsy and courageous win 90% of the narrative on here is negative.

The Eels would be disappointed with there second half performance but I thought our defence frustrated them into errors.

We're 3 and 8, with -107 f/a. It could be worse but damn it could be a whole lot better too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does he want to?

We speculated that it may be personal opposition to the culture of the team. It could also be a dummy spit on being dropped to reggies and being behind Aekins at FB.

Mansour and RCG showed how to cop being dropped to the reggies. Does DWZ have that kind of response in him even in a world where we need him?

Ryan Girdler says ego and work ethic a problem. I'd say he'd havr guys at the club

Kilkenny

Coach
We're 3 and 8, with -107 f/a. It could be worse but damn it could be a whole lot better too.

This is the Round 11 v Eels thread. Can we not just enjoy tonight’s win and leaving the bitching and moaning for the 2019 discussion thread.

I’m not taking anything out of tonight other than just the fact it is nice to break our losing streak, it was a win against our arch enemy, and as I had said it was gutsy given the awful week we have endured.

Bob

Juniors
This is the Round 11 v Eels thread. Can we not just enjoy tonight’s win and leaving the bitching and moaning for the 2019 discussion thread.

I’m not taking anything out of tonight other than just the fact it is nice to break our losing streak, it was a win against our arch enemy, and as I had said it was gutsy given the awful week we have endured.
Well said :thumbsup:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I didn't care how we created the win. But we did. I was not confident at all. I am just so very happy. I'll enjoy the weekend and bask in it's glory.

Panfa

Juniors
Gutsy win tonight boys defended well dont know why we didnt take the field goal with 8 mins to go we were in a perfect position for it.Do we bring Maloney straight back in luai wasn't the best in attack but he defended very well.If matheson johns gets through sundays Canterbury cup match without injury he would be my replacement for blake johns is a strong ball runner and very good defender fuimaono on the bench as cover if anyone goes down with injury.

Panfa

Juniors
Sauce and rcg didnt drop there bundle when demoted they took it on the chin performed came back and had big games tonight credit to them.If zelezniak is having a whinge then let him go he only got the fullback job for nz cause of injury to tuivasa sheck.Hes not a captain too raw he made a lot of mistakes in that series as well nz should have won it they blew it.Im proud of the effort tonight thats all we want as fans 17 players having a go win lose or draw thought too and kenny were superb keep it up boys.Funny thing is dallin could have played centre next week instead he could be an eel.

Bodhi

Juniors
So heart warming to see the much maligned RCG, Mansour and Edwards have a great game.
Eels were diabolical, any other team would have run up a cricket score on them. Having said that, sometimes you need to win ugly especially when you are wholly lacking in confidence. Hopefully we have turned a corner tonight.

Dufmack

Juniors
Sloppy game but seeing the boys fight was glorious and I felt alive watching us for first time in weeks.

Also Mitch Kenny has a big dick.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congrats on the win panthers fans

Whilst it was a dour game both sides played poorly I thought , except we were exceptionally poor, ahh well life of an Eels supporter

Only 16k odd at the game, thought we would get a lot more. The Kenny stands south end was basically 90% Empty :cry:

GongPanther

Referee
It was so good just seeing effort for 80 minutes from the team tonight. Happy not to have two losses to Parra this year :thumbsup:

Although Katoa had some alright moments in the match I still think he is a liability to what we need in this team. Service just isn’t good enough and he has too many silly plays in him.

Mansour giving it to Ferguson at the end was awesome haha
I bet Fergie was giving it to Sauce and the other players all game.

GongPanther

Referee
Watching Channel 9 there was an on field shot of the boys and DWZ smiling and chatting with other non playing top 30 squad members.
I don't give a shit what anyone says, but this win will jump start our season. What we saw out there last night was what we are more accustomed to seeing from our Panthers. In essence, it was such an improved performance to which we can only get better.

Cleary has played his way into the SOO side and it would surprise me if RCG makes it on the bench although selfishly, I'd like nobody to make it.

GongPanther

Referee
Well said. I love Reg and Sauce's reaction to being dropped. Is DWZ capable of the same or is he just a sooky la la ?
DWZ has a problem with discipline. He should pull his head in and play his part for the team. I could imagine him spitting the dummy during team meetings and sounding like a dumb fook in continually baiting the coach in why he is not at fullback.