What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v panthers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I could have asked you the same question last year after being 0-6 and if you’re being honest you would say we would have at least won half our games.
I thought we'd win half of our remaining games. The fact we continued our very poor form showed there was a huge problem in the squad, and I wasn't surprised there were big changes for 2019.

forward pass

Coach
I am honestly not surprised at the result. I knew we were in big trouble tonight - especially when I saw the two sides named.

But - I was not expecting a shit house performance like that. Just terrible. And the Panthers were terrible too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We’ll win some more games, but probably fewer than we lose unfortunately. But I’m deeply concerned by the showing three weeks on the trot now.
I was very concerned at the Melbourne game, but the past two have been fifty fifty affairs. If you flipped a coin twice and it landed on tails both times you'd be mad to think there's something wrong with the coin.

Though we have a lot of players off contract and most of them won't have their futures sorted until late in the season. We probably lack the leadership group to keep them focused.

DaveMc

Juniors
I was very concerned at the Melbourne game, but the past two have been fifty fifty affairs. If you flipped a coin twice and it landed on tails both times you'd be mad to think there's something wrong with the coin.

Though we have a lot of players off contract and most of them won't have their futures sorted until late in the season. We probably lack the leadership group to keep them focused.
I definitely agree with the last point. I don’t see Gutherson or Arthur as leaders who command respect. Which leaves us in a pretty shitty, rudderless position.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Ah...so the 2019 excuse is players are distracted. Glad to have that cleared up early in the season.

DaveMc

Juniors
Wasn’t at least one of those players (Norman) gone meant to make us a better side?
I thought Pou’s point was that we’re better off without all three? Or it may be that we’re worse off without all three, and therefore overachieving this season.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I thought Pou’s point was that we’re better off without all three? Or it may be that we’re worse off without all three, and therefore overachieving this season. f**ked if I know, to be honest.
I think we’ve played better overall than last year but Lane and Paulo have been a big part of that. I sure as shit wish Norman was on our books considering the injury to brown but that wasn’t foreseeable.There are plenty more that should be f**ked off but they seem to be BA’s favourites and training effort players.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Disgracefull

That’s sums up tonight

Penrith were dead set shit, they had nothing but enthusiasm, we were shitter with less enthusiasm.

Dropping the ball cold 5-6 times unprovoked in a match is unacceptable and amateur hour, on par like a run out in test match cricket, should be a mandatory jail sentence with hard labour.

I thought we would wait till after the Broncos match to decide BAs coaching fate (in mid June), but the media frenzy over Guthos non signing seems to have made the board cave in, and we want to call our pack soft ??? Starts at the top.

Season is not over yet but lose to a very depleted Souths side then it may as well be with Sharks and Broncos after that .

I’m hanging on by a thread that things will change somehow for the better. We were 5 from 11 in 2017 as well funnily enough

Over 16k crowd tonight. Dissapointing but ok I guess for a Thursday. Should be a little more next week, but I reckon a lot of Souths fans to be there .

Rocket man

Juniors
I think Pou's having a great time. I think he's posting things to get a reaction and getting plenty of bites. I'm going fishing on the weekend. Hope I get as many nibbles!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I definitely agree with the last point. I don’t see Gutherson or Arthur as leaders who command respect. Which leaves us in a pretty shitty, rudderless position.
Both of them are leaders. The thing is you need a whole leadership team. Look at the top clubs - they have a whole troop of blokes with 150+ games experience, including a few dominant personalities:

Rabbits
Sutton 319 games
Inglis 263 games
Surgess 173 games
Gagai 169 games
Reynolds 168 games

Storm
Smith 394 games
Bromwich 212 games
Chambers 201 games
Finucane 170 games

Roosters
Cronk 357 games
Aubusson 273 games
Friend 241 games
Morris 239 games
JWH 207 games
Cordner 158 games

Eels
Jennings 267 games
Mannah 232 games
Ferguson 201 games
Hoffman 182 games
Takairangi 155 games

We have a few old heads there, which is good, but none of them are dominant personalities, which is why our captain is a 24 year old with 77 games under his belt.

Latest posts