What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Djay

Juniors
This club is beyond improvement. We need to start from scratch somehow. This is the worst I've felt as a fan. Tomorrow I think I'll convince my 10 year old son to go for a different team.
We actually do need a fresh start, legit a clean slate and wipe everything. The place is infected and it's so deep within the walls that I don't think it will ever be fixed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Taka, Terepo, Gennings, Will Smith, Alvaro just to name a few.

While young kids who to me have done nothing wrong such as Kaufusi and Salmon get dropped.
Will Smith straight back in and at 6 lol.

I’d rather French get a go.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Arthur sits in those pressers every time we lose and talks about our inability to follow his instructions.

Sure, I agree it’s not his fault that our players drop the ball all the time, or get caught on the last tackle, or don’t grind out the game.

What is his fault is:
1. He continually chooses players who make mistakes and don’t follow game plans
2. He continually re-signs plays who make mistakes and don’t follow game plans
3. He cannot seem to develop reserve/ 2nd tier players to a point where he is confident to pick them to play first grade and drop the players mentioned in points 1 and 2.

The people who say that “we can’t drop taikarangi, because there is no worthy replacement” may be right. But is Arthur’s fault that there is no replacement and no competition for spots.

Arthur talks about “hard conversations” all the time, but in reality I think Arthur is weak as f**k.

IFR33K

Coach
This fraud is in line to be our second longest ever coach lol.

Just let that sink in for a minute. At least we have stability.

Mediocrity thy name is the Parramatta Eels. Most of these young juniors are going to be ruined under this fraud of a coach and his staff. Salmon and Kaufusi get the blame while his pets get picked week after week no matter how poorly they play.

It’s all about stability mate. And we have tons of that!

Soto

Bench
I’d sack every single one of the coaching staff. All of them. Every single f**king one of them. Everyone has been infected by this plodder of a coach. Every player that rates him can f**k off too.
Post of the night..maybe the year...fkn pea hearts

BA is a failure on almost every metric he should've been evaluated on.

- We have no game plans. Im not sure we'd even watch opposition video. BA has been given blueprints on how to beat sides this year by other coaches but we seem to play with an attitude of doing what we do. He's built a team around a bunch of inconsistent blokes and expects them to grind for 80 mins. We always blink first. Tonight honestly looked like most of the team hadn't met each other. He's shown in his time he's willing to plug one hole in the team and create another one.

- Our young players haven't developed into reliable first graders under his tenure. Guys like Moreoa and French have actually regressed so badly they're both a chance of being in England by 25. From what i've seen this year Marata is falling off quickly too. Reed isn't ready to be the sole 80 min hooker at a club, his 50+ tackles a week are only gonna make him less and less effective as the season goes on. Segeyaro who is a proven first grade player sat out there and available the entire offseason and first 10 weeks of the season. This idiot has played Will Smith, Salmon and Gutherson there instead.

- We have piss poor on-field leadership and over 6 years he hasn't fixed it. Whilst hes been praised for 'holding us together' during the salary cap era.. he hasn't often been called out for going out of his way to bring his mate Foran to the club as a leader.. a leader who lasted 7 games. This lack of leadership development is close to the single biggest failing of his tenure and there are a lot of them.

- The collective footy IQ of our team would have to be close to the worst ever assembled. We play dumb. We've had dumb guys in our team for years. Guys you can't really on to do the simple things right. Many of them he's re-signed. Takairangi might be the most ill disciplined player over the last decade. He continues to pick him. He's not the only dumb player we have. He then went and signed Blake Ferguson.. a good player in the right circumstances but we need reliable players and guys who can lead commanding our big $ investments. He aint it. DWZ aint it and George Burgess aint it. You cant sign/ play guys like this and then go to press conferences every week complaining we played dumb.

- As a squad we don't have guys who know their roles. Manly and Cronulla are just an example of 2 clubs that have had horror injury tolls. Guys come into their team and know the job expected of them. They know exactly where they fit within the team structures and exactly what is being asked of them. The guys we call up look like theyve never met each other and have no clue. He hasn't implemented team wide structures that players feel comfortable coming into and they don't seem to have the direction to do whats needed.

- Our squad under his leadership is mentally weak. We'll fold every game. Somtimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 70mins..we'll fold before most teams though. We don't respond well to setbacks and we need constant excitement and things to happen to keep us involved in the game. If we go a while without a try we don't have the patience to stay on task. No better evidenced tonight than a will smith nothing kick on the 4th tackle that got charged down leading to their try. That was where someone in our team decided it was too tough hanging in. We're next to no chance of hanging in during away games. We can't handle the momentum and crowd being against us. He's had no fix for this at all.

- His evaluation of players is off too. Just one more complaint about the absolute dud. How he thinks George Jennings is a first grade footballer I have no idea. Positionally hes awful. His decision making, especially in defence , is Z grade standard and his hands are diabolical. He's let us down almost every time hes been given a chance. BA sees him carry the ball hard and gets wood. Its terrible.

The club really needs to answer how they came to the conclusion that he was the man to take us forward. Why was no other coach even sought out. What made them that confident.. because the fans who have watched this absolute imposter of a head coach the last 6 years have had enough.

DaveMc

Juniors
BA is a failure on almost every metric he should've been evaluated on.

- We have no game plans. Im not sure we'd even watch opposition video. BA has been given blueprints on how to beat sides this year by other coaches but we seem to play with an attitude of doing what we do. He's built a team around a bunch of inconsistent blokes and expects them to grind for 80 mins. We always blink first. Tonight honestly looked like most of the team hadn't met each other. He's shown in his time he's willing to plug one hole in the team and create another one.

- Our young players haven't developed into reliable first graders under his tenure. Guys like Moreoa and French have actually regressed so badly they're both a chance of being in England by 25. From what i've seen this year Marata is falling off quickly too. Reed isn't ready to be the sole 80 min hooker at a club, his 50+ tackles a week are only gonna make him less and less effective as the season goes on. Segeyaro who is a proven first grade player sat out there and available the entire offseason and first 10 weeks of the season. This idiot has played Will Smith, Salmon and Gutherson there instead.

- We have piss poor on-field leadership and over 6 years he hasn't fixed it. Whilst hes been praised for 'holding us together' during the salary cap era.. he hasn't often been called out for going out of his way to bring his mate Foran to the club as a leader.. a leader who lasted 7 games. This lack of leadership development is close to the single biggest failing of his tenure and there are a lot of them.

- The collective footy IQ of our team would have to be close to the worst ever assembled. We play dumb. We've had dumb guys in our team for years. Guys you can't really on to do the simple things right. Many of them he's re-signed. Takairangi might be the most ill disciplined player over the last decade. He continues to pick him. He's not the only dumb player we have. He then went and signed Blake Ferguson.. a good player in the right circumstances but we need reliable players and guys who can lead commanding our big $ investments. He aint it. DWZ aint it and George Burgess aint it. You cant sign/ play guys like this and then go to press conferences every week complaining we played dumb.

- As a squad we don't have guys who know their roles. Manly and Cronulla are just an example of 2 clubs that have had horror injury tolls. Guys come into their team and know the job expected of them. They know exactly where they fit within the team structures and exactly what is being asked of them. The guys we call up look like theyve never met each other and have no clue. He hasn't implemented team wide structures that players feel comfortable coming into and they don't seem to have the direction to do whats needed.

- Our squad under his leadership is mentally weak. We'll fold every game. Somtimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 70mins..we'll fold before most teams though. We don't respond well to setbacks and we need constant excitement and things to happen to keep us involved in the game. If we go a while without a try we don't have the patience to stay on task. No better evidenced tonight than a will smith nothing kick on the 4th tackle that got charged down leading to their try. That was where someone in our team decided it was too tough hanging in. We're next to no chance of hanging in during away games. We can't handle the momentum and crowd being against us. He's had no fix for this at all.

- His evaluation of players is off too. Just one more complaint about the absolute dud. How he things George Jennings is a first grade footballer I have no idea. Positionally hes awful. His decision making, especially in defence , is Z grade standard and his hands are diabolical. He's let us down almost every time hes been given a chance. BA sees him carry the ball hard and gets wood. Its terrible.

The club really needs to answer how they came to the conclusion that he was the man to take us forward. Why was no other coach even sought out. What made them that confident.. because the fans who have watched this absolute imposter of a head coach the last 6 years have had enough.
This is an exceptionally well thought out post.

This is an exceptionally well thought out post.
Mate, I think we'd all be open to Bernie telling us what exactly they saw from BA that told them he was the right man for the job.
I've tried to look past the fact he has a 44% winning record, has 'lead' us to 4 of our 7 worst losses in our history and is coming off a wooden spoon season. We've won 0 finals games in the time he's been here.

Looking past all this his time with us has still been an absolute failure. We could go on about it all day it won't make any difference, but Bernie has been quoted as saying 'they knew he was the man for the job' and that they didn't need to seek out alternative options because they knew BA was the man to lead us forward. Well explain how... don't give us this bullshit about the players wanting to play under him.. he has their backs to a fault. They need a coach not a mate. It won't make any difference but every fan that has the opportunity to come across Bernie should be asking him to back up his statements.. because from where I and many others sit, it's just set us back at least another 2 years before we can properly rebuild the club. Diabolical.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
BA is a part of a much larger problem. One that appears to be too complex and strategic for the average football fan to understand based on the evidence shown to date.

I am happy to do an Avenger and change my mind on the above statement if anyone who is seeing red on BA can answer this question.

"What are the current factors that need to be overcome in order to make the Parramatta club a successful enterprise that fans take pride in supporting?"

Best answer gets a pack of Winfield Blues and a six-pack of Woodstock.

Gronk

Staff member
BA is a part of a much larger problem. One that appears to be too complex and strategic for the average football fan to understand based on the evidence shown to date.

I am happy to do an Avenger and change my mind on the above statement if anyone who is seeing red on BA can answer this question.

"What are the current factors that need to be overcome in order to make the Parramatta club a successful enterprise that fans take pride in supporting?"

Yeah coaches are great when they win and shit when they lose. I am sure that Penrith fans have selective amnesia this morning.

eel01s

Bench
Mate we have been hopeless in linespeed and wrestling in the ruck for BAs tenure. Sure we were terrible before BA, but he has not fixed it.

We need a coaching team who can.

Happy MEel

First Grade

1. Somehow get Max’s constitution passed and then the club can be handed back to its members

2. Look at replacing Bernie Gurr as I think his decision making has been poor since he has been at the helm

3. A coaching clean out to remove the “loyalty/playing favourites” factor that seems to be playing out, and also improve both our attack and wrestle. Seeing as though BA has just re-signed, I guess the best we can hope for are new assistants. Can we get gentle back? However, if we were smart we would have built performance metrics into BA’s contract so that if he doesnt meet them we can part ways with limited payout.

4. A roster clean out of all of the deadwood at the club. I’d almost take BA out of the equation when it comes to who we decide to offer contracts to from within the current roster, and he can just provide input into external signings.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
1. Somehow get Max’s constitution passed and then the club can be handed back to its members

2. Look at replacing Bernie Gurr as I think his decision making has been poor since he has been at the helm

3. A coaching clean out to remove the “loyalty/playing favourites” factor that seems to be playing out, and also improve both our attack and wrestle. Seeing as though BA has just re-signed, I guess the best we can hope for are new assistants. Can we get gentle back? However, if we were smart we would have built in performance metrics into BA’s contract so that if he doesnt meet them we can part ways with limited payout.

4. A roster clean out of all of the deadwood at the club. I’d almost take BA out of the equation when it comes to who we decide to offer contracts to from within the current roster, and he can just provide input into external signings.
I agree with everything you have said.

We have a massive cub and a huge supporter base. However I would not persevere with BA unless we have access to a time machine. f**k it they made a mistake about Arthur. He even fooled me for 2 weeks but I'd pay him out a year and tell him to f**k off. The viable and experienced alternative is a prick but an effective prick which is why I'd look to sign Flanagan. He has lost $1m this year. The NRL cannot keep saying, no. No more rookies. Our club is too big to experiment with. If that fails I'd give Trent Robinson or Craig Bellamy a blank cheque whenever they decide to bone Arthur.

The Head of Football and recruitment is also someone who obviously has for mine been ineffective. I'd offer it to Brian Smith (who has worked with Flanagan) or Phil Gould.

I don't care who the CEO is. He or she would be better than the current Rooster in disguise.

Avenger

Immortal

Are you now?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Are you now?
Am I what? Seeing red about BA?

Not really. I see the issue more in terms of the club as a whole. I'm not angry, just saddened at the fact that we have become a complete basket case. I can barely get excited about our games these days.

Latest posts