What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

Game_Breaker

Coach
The memes have been much better than the episode itself.

Can’t wait for the Star Wars trilogy, apparently Dan and Dave are getting Ruin Johnson in to help write the script.

I can imagine the explanation of the ending now:

“While our heroes kinda forgot about the Death Star...”

nick87

Coach
Those f**king butterflies are in for a bad time, he and the Unsullied are going to wipe the f**k the out, which is a needed release after they

*checks notes*

let their queen get murdered, didnt take any retribution what so ever, didnt gut the man where he stood once he confessed (a confession we didnt f**king see) waited idly by for the lords and ladies to come to a city they conquered and owned, to decide a new king, who was the cousin (or half brother, pending on what you know) of the man who murdered your queen, and then he basically pardoned the man and you were like "well f**k, you win some and you lose some i guess... f**k this shit, lets got to Naath and f**k some butterflies up"

Oh also, those f**king butterflies carry an insanely deadly disease that effects all people who arent local to Naath (and i guess have evolutionary immunity to Butterfly Fever) so yeah... tough scenes for Grey Worm

Generalzod

Immortal
I got to say anyone that has read a greek tragedy, Well that's what we got from Game of thrones ultimate power will be the demise of all men//women Like all the protagonist lose..

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Oh also, those f**king butterflies carry an insanely deadly disease that effects all people who arent local to Naath (and i guess have evolutionary immunity to Butterfly Fever) so yeah... tough scenes for Grey Worm
Nobody ever suspects the butterfly...

hqdefault.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
Now that a week has almost passed, I'm genuinely saddened by how it all ended.

This was a cultural phenomenon the likes of which we'll never see again. It was for years almost perfect television. And it outstripped Dexter for the most unsatisfying ending of all time, wholly and solely because the two guys running the show wanted to leave and work on Star Wars and were too arrogant to pass it on to someone else to finish.

What an absolute act of cinematic vandalism they perpetrated.

Vozzy

Juniors
Also Brianne and Pod had Raven symbols on the armor surely that indicates Bran is and has been in control of everyone's destiny for a long time.

Jon Snow probably had the best outcome really he is free of all the politics he can go live a normal life. The shot of green growing beyond the wall is a sign it that spring is here even north of the wall. Probably since Night King was created.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Now that a week has almost passed, I'm genuinely saddened by how it all ended.

This was a cultural phenomenon the likes of which we'll never see again. It was for years almost perfect television. And it outstripped Dexter for the most unsatisfying ending of all time, wholly and solely because the two guys running the show wanted to leave and work on Star Wars and were too arrogant to pass it on to someone else to finish.

What an absolute act of cinematic vandalism they perpetrated.
I literally just started rewatching the show from S1. To remind me of the good times.

I intend to watch S1-S4 because they were just incredible. The pacing was perfection and the show back then was about the finer details.

The little interactions between Littlefinger & Varys, and Arya & the Hound, and Tywin & anyone, and Robert Baratheon & anyone, and so on.

Just freaking awesome, timeless television. Never to be repeated.

S5 was still very good. And from memory S6 was actually quite awesome as well; with the Battle of the Bastards being one of the greatest things ever commited to celluloid.

So we still have 50 odd hours of fantastical tv to rewatch over and over.

Though it is indeed such a shame that the last two seasons decended further and further into a shambles.

Oh what could have been.

greenBV4

Bench
Probably since Night King was created.
Not sure if they'll ever explore past the show but my theory is the night king isnt dead, he just has to "restart" back far beyond the wall and build the army back up

There was already a first long night, that everyone obviously survived so someone must of killed him before?

Vozzy

Juniors
Not sure if they'll ever explore past the show but my theory is the night king isnt dead, he just has to "restart" back far beyond the wall and build the army back up

There was already a first long night, that everyone obviously survived so someone must of killed him before?

Or they are just another race that can actually have agreements with men because they obviously did with Craster and Jeor also knew about this agreement. I have always wondered whether the night watch was actually created to stop men from going north rather than to stop things coming south. But with all the wildlings and the death of craster which stopped the walkers creation line, men were the once who broke the pact.

This is the problem with the last 2 seasons it's there were no explanations for why things were happening. It's like they skipped a season worth of episodes for us to just somehow work it out. I don't mind the last episode. What I do mind is whenever say someone like dany lost something like a dragon she needed an episode where she went mad for a day but calmed back down then every time something else happened her madness lasted longer. All the outcomes make some kinda sense but without characters like littlefinger playing both sides the whole "game" seemed to stop being played and things just happened.

greenBV4

Bench
All the outcomes make some kinda sense but without characters like littlefinger playing both sides the whole "game" seemed to stop being played and things just happened.

It would've been cool if Littlefinger somehow wasn't exposed and survived until the last episode
We could of got him and Varys bickering together again and then had him try and make something out of the whole Dany going mad thing and the council/election at the end

Didn't Vary's say that Littlefinger would be king of the ashes if it meant being king? well Kings Landing was ashes