What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Roosters @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Knights v Roosters

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Wow. .. is this the herd starting its run again? Nice stuff KV if that is meant to be a personal insult. Top shelf mate.

Praising our defensive coach for the incedible job he has done is hurtful to some?

Why shouldn't he be given a wrap for what he is achieving?
wow , you're sounding much more positive . back on the meds ?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves but, the way we are playing as a team, if refs and injuries don’t play a factor, I think we can beat anyone in the comp.
We are defending great, giving them no opportunities with high completion rates, and attack is enthusiastic with runners on and off the ball asking questions.
Question is, how long can we keep it up?

Burns

First Grade
Origin period will be a huge test for us. I can’t remember how we used to go when we had half our team out back when Joey/Buderus/BK etc played for NSW.

perverse

Referee
I don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves but, the way we are playing as a team, if refs and injuries don’t play a factor, I think we can beat anyone in the comp.
We are defending great, giving them no opportunities with high completion rates, and attack is enthusiastic with runners on and off the ball asking questions.
Question is, how long can we keep it up?
Yeah, the big question for me now is how long we can maintain this level of performance. It's exciting to know that we're capable. Full credit to Brown and the coaching staff... after 6 rounds I was willing to fire a few shots their way. Having said that, the main reason we've got to this point for mine is one Mitchell Pearce. He has led as good as any leader I've seen the past 5 weeks, and the boys around him are responding.

If this is the new normal for Pearcey, then I don't see why he can't take this team where ever he wants to take it. They will follow him. He's truly made this team his own, they love him... and you can tell he's absolutely thriving with it all at the moment.

It's been really beautiful to see the town embrace Pearce as it has, and for him to embrace the town like he has too. Newcastle loves a hero, and one that always has a dig especially so. The team will play in front of packed stadiums every other week while ever they're putting in effort and performance like last nights. Exciting times.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Ahh, weve been here before ... Just post the quote I wrote saying Brown should be sacked if that will make you happy Pedge. What is stopping you??

Get your defense right and the attack will follow. An age old rugby league saying ... Wayne Bennett's main philosophy on coaching, Mlb Storms key to success etc and it looks as though we finally have that in order. Something some of us have been crying out for consistently for yrs. You don't agree???

Hopefully we keep on improving it, get better at it and continue to believe in it. It intimidated the Roosters tonight and continually shut them out, disrupted their attack and frustrated them. Granted they were without their halves but we were finally aggressive and imposing for an entire game against a quality opposition. That is not something a Knight''s pack has done in eons.

Give Woolf a wrap FFS. He deserves it!

Anyway, I'm impressed. Was hoping others would be as well.

Nah I know your a passionate fan mate. Just having a bit of a dig. We should all enjoy that win. Its been too long!

Zoidberg

First Grade
What do we think about going for penalty goals as often as we do?
I don’t mind for a few reasons. They have been adding up to a fair amount of points.
Unlike the last few years, we don’t have as much trouble getting to the attacking 20.
Will be interesting to see what we do if behind on the scoreboard by 4-10points and we get similar penalties.

I'm trying to think of in what parts of the game we didn't perform well.
2 grubbers were a bit long but we followed up making them shorter. Standing around after that penalty was an error but usually you'd expect no quick tap allowed.

Old dog

Juniors
Think the taking penalties is a situation thing but basically I am for it if it gives you more than 6 or 12 lead or to draw level with minutes to go, especially if right in front 20 out.

Old dog

Juniors
2 grubbers were a bit long but we followed up making them shorter. Standing around after that penalty was an error but usually you'd expect no quick tap allowed.
Only watched it once but I was screaming at the TV that it wasn’t at the mark, should have been called back, it was an error by the ref.

What do we think about going for penalty goals as often as we do?
I don’t mind for a few reasons. They have been adding up to a fair amount of points.
Unlike the last few years, we don’t have as much trouble getting to the attacking 20.
Will be interesting to see what we do if behind on the scoreboard by 4-10points and we get similar penalties.
I'm ok with it but I think it depends on the situation.
I was calling to take the kick for those they did both this week and last. It just seemed appropriate at the time.
It's similar with the last tackle line kicks. They get the ball but it's set and it settles us and gets us prepared. We are really confident that we can hold a team out and make metres.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm ok with it but I think it depends on the situation.
I was calling to take the kick for those they did both this week and last. It just seemed appropriate at the time.
It's similar with the last tackle line kicks. They get the ball but it's set and it settles us and gets us prepared. We are really confident that we can hold a team out and make metres.
Yeah, it shows we have confidence in our defence as well. Like, we don’t need to score many points to beat you coz you ain’t scoring many.

Zoidberg

First Grade
That really annoyed me. First off, the ball was dropped in the tackle, that’s why our guys stayed on a bit longer, to see if the touchie saw it, then Tedesco takes it a metre to the side for a quick tap (the guy who got tackled was on the mark still).

PhilGould

Bench
Minor groin injury flare up. Won't be able to train until late in the week so unlikely to be picked for Origin but shouldn't be a problem for the Knights.