What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shit list and more.

Noise

Coach
Last year Hindy111 asked you:
What do you think Manu,Tepai,Evans,Gutherson, Scott would be on?I reckon all over 300k
To which you replied:
Agreed, but the average salary is only $300k this year.
And this:
I think we pay overs for nearly everyone, including Kane Evans.
How much do you reckon Gower is on? Because you also said this:
Gower's probably a backup at this stage. That's not the same as a depth player.
So Gower, on backup money is on about 300k you reckon?

Eelogical

Referee
...and make no mistake, he was initially satisfied and then woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache and proceeded to spray paint the bowl.
spray-paintings-5_orig.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Except for the fact there’s no way Evans’ salary is the same as Gower’s. That’s pure speculation to suit a very poor argument.
Both were fringe first graders when they signed their current contracts. Both have been used as fringe first graders since.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Last year Hindy111 asked you:
To which you replied:
And this:

How much do you reckon Gower is on? Because you also said this:

So Gower, on backup money is on about 300k you reckon?
He started in round one, so not a backup after all.

Noise

Coach
Both were fringe first graders when they signed their current contracts. Both have been used as fringe first graders since.

What? Fringe first grader when he signed his contract? You have been telling us at nauseam that Evans was a genuine first grader and top 17 player at the Roosters who played almost every week for 3 years for them (when he wasn't injured or as you say, the coach dropped him after he signed for us) .Genuine first grader and top 17 player one minute to fringe first grader the next. You are the biggest flip flopper on here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There’s no “attempted” about it. He has had his pants pulled down in the most glorious of ways.
Mate, I'm not the one who signed them, so when new data is available (i.e. how they are used) I have to revise my assessment. NRL teams are picked on talent, not form. So a player signed on a genuine first grade contract (of which there are about a dozen in any given squad) won't get dropped for more than a game or two. Think Mennings last year, or Mansour and RCG for Penrith last week. Fringe first graders can get dropped and stay dropped until there's another opportunity.

Obviously they are signed to a certain amount which doesn't change based on their form. But we don't know that amount. We can only judge based on how the coach uses them. Could the coach change his mind about the squad role? Sure. But he's proven to give plenty of chances. It took him years to change his mind about French, for example. That merkin has not been sighted in first grade since last year. Meanwhile Evans got dropped pretty quickly last year but made his way back into first grade when he got some fitness and confidence. Then he started the year in first grade again and was picked every week until the Canberra game. That's what a fringe first grader's appearance pattern looks like.

And lest we forget Arthur's comments about Evans when we signed him: “We’re excited to add more depth to our forward pack; Kane’s size and aggression adds another dimension to our playing squad for next season,”

Teams need depth players as well as genuine first graders and backups. If the depth player you need isn't graduating from your NYC/Flegg squad that year then you need to recruit him from outside. The Roosters didn't drive his price up trying to keep him. They already had another depth player ready to go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What? Fringe first grader when he signed his contract? You have been telling us at nauseam that Evans was a genuine first grader and top 17 player at the Roosters who played almost every week for 3 years for them (when he wasn't injured or as you say, the coach dropped him after he signed for us) .Genuine first grader and top 17 player one minute to fringe first grader the next. You are the biggest flip flopper on here.
Yeah I changed my mind. It's clear that the top earners at each club (including the Roosters) make so much money that each side has fewer than 17 genuine first graders. I remember one of the talking heads discussing it last year around the expansion debate. This is why they say there are too few legit first graders for expansion, because there aren't even enough for the current 16 teams. The point was plenty of teams have fringe first graders playing full seasons because someone has to. I realised he was talking about players like Evans and Matagi.

hindy111

Post Whore
Except for the fact there’s no way Evans’ salary is the same as Gower’s. That’s pure speculation to suit a very poor argument.

Make no mistake. Pou has entered the great Golden Arches and has been served

My guess is ones one about 120k and the other is more then double.

Latest posts