What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R11 Sat - Warriors 2-8 Broncos @ Rarotonga Mt Smart

Round 11: Warriors v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
When does our attack look good?

We've been shit for years. When teams turn up to really defend we don't win. Been that way for awhile.

Well, the last 5 minutes you had no troubles getting to the Broncos end (same in the first half). That is what I meant.

From there you didn't really look like scoring.

wibble

Bench
Really happy with that win, a month ago we would've turned it up and got beat by 30.

Maybe that Seibold bloke isn't so bad after all.

It will be between him and that Brown bloke for coach of the year....said no one ever from a month ago.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Should have had a player in the bin in the first half.

Key call against Maumalo from the touchie in the lead up to Milford's try

Some plain baffling calls in your favour.

We lost because we weren't good enough- but despite the penalty count, the refs helped you home.
Meth I’m not totally disagreeing with you, but the warriors attack tonight was seriously bad. I don’t think those ref calls not occurring would have magically fixed the attack problems.

Meth

Staff member
Meth I’m not totally disagreeing with you, but the warriors attack tonight was seriously bad. I don’t think those ref calls not occurring would have magically fixed the attack problems.

No, you're completely right. We could have had every call go our way and we still wouldn't have won. So, credit where credit is due- the Broncos deserved the win.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well, the last 5 minutes you had no troubles getting to the Broncos end (same in the first half). That is what I meant.

From there you didn't really look like scoring.

Gotcha. That's Warrior ball though.

We don't really have backs as much as we have battering rams with a little extra pace.

That extra pace helps us to get metres through the middle against opposition forwards.

Once we're inside the 20 our backs need to pretend they're backs and stand out wide.

That leaves the line breaking to our forwards who are only really there to make tackles and take settlers and can't break through a wet paper bag.

Multi-faceted is not a word associated with the Kearney process.

Latest posts