What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

BranVan3000

Coach
I'd be very concerned if they go Cleary-Walker tbh. Cleary cannot lead a side around and won't have Maloney to save him this time. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see much more in Walker than a bloke with a good running game and not much else. Hard to imagine him holding up in an origin grind. 2018 halves now you'd assume is the safer option.
Backline now a concern however, with foxsports website saying Josh f**king Morris and that useless plank Topou both getting a run. If Toops gets in over Cotric....wow.
Qld definitely favourites now you'd think, even with our pack firing and Teddy/Cook in great form.
Walker did well for us early last year taking on the game management with a rookie five eighth

Obviously Origin is different though

King hit

Coach
I'd be very concerned if they go Cleary-Walker tbh. Cleary cannot lead a side around and won't have Maloney to save him this time. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see much more in Walker than a bloke with a good running game and not much else. Hard to imagine him holding up in an origin grind. 2018 halves now you'd assume is the safer option.
Backline now a concern however, with foxsports website saying Josh f**king Morris and that useless plank Topou both getting a run. If Toops gets in over Cotric....wow.
Qld definitely favourites now you'd think, even with our pack firing and Teddy/Cook in great form.

So QLD favourites with an inferior pack and the best fullback and dummy half on the opposite team

Vic Mackey

Referee
‘Leaked’ side according to DT

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Latrell
4. JMoz
5. Tupou
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (Cleary on standby)
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. Cordner
13. JTurbo

14. Wighton
15. Murray
16. Matterson
17. Haas

Seems a bit light on the bench but I’m guessing Frizeell will play some time in the middle

typicalfan

Coach
No way you play 4 origin rookies from the bench when there are decent options with experience. Especially at Suncorp.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If that team is correct, why do we persist with only 1 front rower on the bench? Our back row is 3 80 minute players. 2 props and 1 back rower makes far more sense than 1 prop and 2 back rowers.