What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters... The Next NRL Super Club?

magpie_man

Juniors
They are just on another level this year, it's almost as if they can score points - and concede them - at will.

TheDalek079

Bench
the super clubs are Storm, Broncos, Bulldogs and Rabbitohs. I don't think we can reach their levels of greatness. Competing against them, we should consider ourselves thankful if we can get a premiership once every 20 years or so

adamkungl

Immortal
the super clubs are Storm, Broncos, Bulldogs and Rabbitohs. I don't think we can reach their levels of greatness. Competing against them, we should consider ourselves thankful if we can get a premiership once every 20 years or so

You forgot the rest of the Big 5 Sydney Clubs.

Saints, Tigers, and Eels are behemoths with thousands of fans, pokies, home-grounds and juniors that we can only hope to compete with, what with our tiny junior area and small fanbase.

Not from membership numbers obviously . After winning a premiership, the Roosters membership numbers have fallen. Now that must be a some sort of a record.

Yes, but consider the circumstances. My team did win the Premiership last year, but we are also in a temporary home (i.e. the SCG) which is crap for watching rugby league at, for the next 2-3 seasons. Are quite a few people who quit their memberships as they didn't want to pay for seats where you have worse views than at ANZ Stadium. Not many premiers have done that in the past either.

Yes, but consider the circumstances. My team did win the Premiership last year, but we are also in a temporary home (i.e. the SCG) which is crap for watching rugby league at, for the next 2-3 seasons. Are quite a few people who quit their memberships as they didn't want to pay for seats where you have worse views than at ANZ Stadium. Not many premiers have done that in the past either.

The Sydney Cricket Ground is a disaster for watching rugby league. Sydney Roosters fans deserve much better. At least our grand finals are played at ANZ.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The Sydney Cricket Ground is a disaster for watching rugby league. Sydney Roosters fans deserve much better. At least our grand finals are played at ANZ.

Play your home games in at McDonald Jones Alby. You go good there and at least the 3k that show up is more than the SCG and will look bigger. Better ground and u may not have to give out so.many free tickets as we kinda like our footy in Newy...

Latest posts