What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 State of Origin

ThingFish

Juniors
So we loose our SOO players to Blues camp for the Parramatta game and then those that play only have a 2 day turn around for the Newcastle game.

Those that play SOO2 have 3 day turn around for the Tigers game.

The bye Rd is before SOO3 but those that play SOO3 have 3 day turn around for the Manly game.

Bennett was right SOO can suck the life out of a season.

Travitoh

First Grade
So we loose our SOO players to Blues camp for the Parramatta game and then those that play only have a 2 day turn around for the Newcastle game.

The bye Rd is before SOO3 but those that play SOO3 have 3 day turn around for the Manly game.

Every contender has the same issues though. It's the price you pay for winning.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Well who shall we have to replace the four boys if they get picked our
6,7,9,and 13 if they all get selected

Adam douhi could play 5/8... I don't really rate Connor Tracy, who could play number 9 and would you move burgess back to 13 or put turner there if braden burns is back for centre position by then

Robbie 12

Juniors

Adam douhi could play 5/8... I don't really rate Connor Tracy, who could play number 9 and would you move burgess back to 13 or put turner there if braden burns is back for centre position by then
I was just thinking you could put Bailey sironen at hooker

ThingFish

Juniors

You’re also forgetting Gagai will be gone. I don’t think Reno has a chance. I think we’ll loose Murray to the camps on the extended bench, but he won’t get a start.

Burns for Gags
Billy Britain for Cook
Douhie for Cody
Knight or Lowe for Murray
Dean Britt onto the bench.

ThingFish

Juniors
Bennett has a history of not backing up his SOO players as well. His famous “Baby Broncos” would always lift and caused some big upsets. Maybe it’s time for his “Baby Bunnies” era.

Travitoh

First Grade

4 Turner (I won't be shocked if he pushes Gagai to a wing when Burns is back)
5 Allan
6 AD
7 Tracey
9 Brittain
12 Lowe
13 Sam

16 Britt

Hopefully we can rest any players that make it into SOO and let the baby bunnies lose on the comp.

ThingFish

Juniors
87E27377-769A-4DDD-B0B9-B623C1A06BD4.jpeg

Big Mal has named his NSW and QLD SOO sides. Very interesting #17 pick. Well deserved if he’s awarded a start. But FMD don’t take any more of our players SOO. The plus side is Mal only picked 2 Bunnies in his NSW side.

Pommy

Coach
View attachment 29864

Big Mal has named his NSW and QLD SOO sides. Very interesting #17 pick. Well deserved if he’s awarded a start. But FMD don’t take any more of our players SOO. The plus side is Mal only picked 2 Bunnies in his NSW side.

It’s a sorry state of affairs for QLD that Gagai is nailed on, he’s done very little to deserve it. He wouldn’t make the NSW side.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
It’s a sorry state of affairs for QLD arhat Gagai is nailed on, he’s done very little to deserve it. He wouldn’t make the NSW side.
Agree to a point. Gags shits me, but for a good reason. In rep football he is awesome. I just wish he played SOO style league for us. That being said, he is really improving these past 2 or 3 games.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Bit shocked by the NSW SOO team. Why would Freddy make a statement this morning about Adams injury not being as bad as expected and will only miss a few training sessions then turn around and pick Cleary.
Why is Crichton in the team? - nobody picked that. A bench of Wighton, Crichton, Murray and Haas? Smallest bench in SOO history.
Murray deserves his spot and it’s great that Cody has finally been recognised and selected

Travitoh

First Grade
Bit shocked by the NSW SOO team. Why would Freddy make a statement this morning about Adams injury not being as bad as expected and will only miss a few training sessions then turn around and pick Cleary.
Why is Crichton in the team? - nobody picked that. A bench of Wighton, Crichton, Murray and Haas? Smallest bench in SOO history.
Murray deserves his spot and it’s great that Cody has finally been recognised and selected

It's the side i expected to see. Really like the Wighton selection, he has been playing brilliantly for Canberra.

Freddie would be in contact with a number of players not in the squad. He would already have a plan B in mind for every position should something happen in the selected side.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Crichton is a shocking selection. Just imagine if you throw TPJ or lodge in there and the bench looks so much better.

Feel really bad for Reynolds. He deserved the spot way more than Cleary based on form but if we lose the 1st game I reckon Reynolds is next picked. We actually desperately need Reynolds to play this week too haha so low on troops.

Everyone else has definitely earned their spot. Congratulations to Walker and Murray on their debut’s.

Bloody origin has decimated our team.

callmack1

Staff member
Blues Origin team - Fittler to blood five debutants for Game 1: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/26/blues-origin-team-nsw-to-blood-debutants-for-game-one/

Rabbitohs trio earn Blues call-up: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/05/26/rabbitohs-trio-earn-blues-call-up/

Origin Selection Still 'Sinking In' for Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/05/26/origin-selection-still-sinking-in-for-walker/

Murrays Over the Moon Following Cam's Call Up: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/05/26/murrays-over-the-moon-following-cams-call-up/

Interesting side for sure. I am absolutely stoked for our Souths boys though and I want to say congrats to them all. Obviously, we knew Cookie was gonna be there but I am so friggin proud of Cody and Cam for making it, it's huge!! Gutted for Reyno though, he deserves it more than Cleary.

Latest posts