What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Would some company pay $5m a year

To get back bottom jersey spot for every club in nrl ?
I think maybe if we started all teams from scratch in terms of sponsorship something like that could be possible. Probably an unrealistic scenario though because some clubs have a higher profile than others and would be wanting to charge more for their sponsorship positions rather than fall in with a flat deal across all clubs.

greenBV4

Bench
Would some company pay $5m a year

To get back bottom jersey spot for every club in nrl ?
I hope not, it'd open up the bag for it to become the norm for other spots and have the same sponsors on every jersey across the board

As awful as it looks to have logos all over a clubs jersey, in a way each club having it's own partnerships does form part of the clubs identity/look, which would be lost if every club had the exact same logos all over them

That and sponsor integration would probably end up being horrible

And it's also just another leg up for struggling clubs that can't find it's own sponsors

toomuchsoup

Juniors
The indigenous kits have been done really well so far.

•Every club seems to be wearing them for THIS round rather some wearing them for the round, others wearing them the week after for their home game.

•The colours have some resemblance to their main kit.

•Away teams aren’t clashing

This is the way to do it. It’s been such a rabble in previous years, I’m really surprised at how well it’s been executed this year. Hats off

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
•Every club seems to be wearing them for THIS round rather some wearing them for the round, others wearing them the week after for their home game.
It's been compulsory for three seasons now from memory. Clubs might wear them either side of the weekend but having them all wearing them in Indigenous Round isn't new.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Loved seeong both kits "in action" during the Raiders v Cowboys game. Great design, colours and contrast, simply gorgeous.

Nq onto a winner pairing the white shorts and socks with the dark strip. Hope they can find a way to make that part of next year's away strip.

sempmrh

Juniors
I feel like perhaps the match-ups for Indigenous round were planned well in advance - or at least the teams were informed whether they would be the home or away team so they can produce an appropriate jersey. There's been no clashes and no teams having to wear a non-Indigenous away jersey.

The only jerseys that aren't really doing anything for me are Canterbury and Cronulla. The approach they've taken is fine and there's nothing really bad about them. I just think they could have done more.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I feel like perhaps the match-ups for Indigenous round were planned well in advance - or at least the teams were informed whether they would be the home or away team so they can produce an appropriate jersey. There's been no clashes and no teams having to wear a non-Indigenous away jersey.

The only jerseys that aren't really doing anything for me are Canterbury and Cronulla. The approach they've taken is fine and there's nothing really bad about them. I just think they could have done more.
Clubs in both codes are generally advised who their IR opponent is before they put the jersey into production in order for no clashes.

I'd disagree with the no clashes, despite the orange front, the Tigers jersey was a bad clash with Souths' last night and they should've been in orange or white shorts.

sempmrh

Juniors
Clubs in both codes are generally advised who their IR opponent is before they put the jersey into production in order for no clashes.

I'd disagree with the no clashes, despite the orange front, the Tigers jersey was a bad clash with Souths' last night and they should've been in orange or white shorts.

Fair call on the Souths/Wests Tigers matchup. I didn’t see the game so was basing it on the images of the jerseys. I’ve since seen a highlights clip and while it’s far from the worst clash we’ve seen it definitely could have been done better.

gzerounian

Juniors
Loved the dragons jersey mainly because of the dominance of red. Since the departure of the bears, the nrl has really had a void with no predominantly red team. If a new team enters the nrl they would be silly to not got with red and black.

gzerounian

Juniors
Pirates braaa
True but they need to drop the yellow. In their final years the bears had white but how good did they look in all red (shorts and socks too) before the citibank jersey. That's what I loved about the dragons yesterday. Maybe the dragons could try red shorts and socks with their home jersey occasionally...kinda like the swans.
IMG_20190527_080616.jpg
IMG_20190527_080856.jpg

Latest posts