What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters fans be like 'The refs have it in for us....

Cockosh

Juniors
Such adversity. This club needs to be given a fair go at competing with rest. A leg up of some sort.
No adversity and no need for subsidies, leg ups or assistance. We aren’t that type of club. We create our own success. That’s why we are the only constant since 1908.

Valheru

Coach
No adversity and no need for subsidies, leg ups or assistance. We aren’t that type of club. We create our own success. That’s why we are the only constant since 1908.

These simpletons don't understand that we haven't claimed adversity, we didn't even start the thread.

You presented the penalties received stat and they have no idea how to dismiss it.

Cockosh

Juniors
These simpletons don't understand that we haven't claimed adversity, we didn't even start the thread.

You presented the penalties received stat and they have no idea how to dismiss it.
It’s difficult proving a point with facts when you are up against simple minded opinions. It’s like the myth about easts deliberately giving away penalties on our own line. As someone said here earlier it was disproven and most penalties we give away are actually in our oppositions half usually late in the count. But hey let’s not let facts destroy a perfectly good myth. I couldn’t care less about the penalty anomaly, as a chooks fan it’s just how it is. I just like throwing the facts out there when some genius starts a thread like this.

Burwood

Bench
I think it’s often the type of penalties that irks opposition fans. Some teams give away the bulk of their penalties early in the tackle count defending their line. They receive questionable penalties late in the tackle count when pinned down deep in their own half.

I reckon a team would be happy with a 4-8 penalty count against them every week if the penalties were awarded like mentioned above.

Lambretta

First Grade
All this shows is that it's been a deliberate tactic of the Roosters to give away penalties when defending their own line since 2008.

You give away a penalty any time your defensive line is stretched or rushed inside the ten. It gives you the chance to reset again against a set start, plus it frustrates the opposition because they never really get a roll on. Eventually, if they've had enough tackles with the ball in your 10 and they haven't scored, they start to feel the pressure of the whole situation and then they start to take stupid risks because they feel that they really should have scored with all the ball that they've had.

Roosters woke up to this tactic much earlier than all the other teams but quite a few of them have started to copy it now.

If you broke down penalty stats and excluded penalties given away when defending your own line, I'm sure the Roosters would compare much more favorably with the rest of the competition.

Erm DKR
Penalties given to us
Not penalties conceded or differentials

If we were talking about those your argument (which was possibly, maybe true in one season) might hold some water

As it is the conversation is going like this

Roosters fan "I earn $500 less than a Broncos fan"
You "that's because you spend too much money"

Pedge1971

First Grade
Don’t get defensive mate most neutral nrl fans regard the 2014 refs treatment of Souffs as the benchmark in positive bias towards a team. #premiers #enjoyingtheshade

Roosters fan on this forum calling someone else defensive.......

Cockosh

Juniors
Brought to you by Uncle Nicks golf game and 5 fans.....
You’ve made about 10 posts and not a single one contains any facts or evidence just opinions and repeating myths and urban legends. If you say it often enough they might become true. Keep going mate don’t let reality stop you.

Last edited:

Cockosh

Juniors
Thats a lot of penalties on your line to have no one sin binned....
Not sure how your response is relevant to my post?

Regarding repeated penalties on our line what is your source of proof? We gave away 9 penalties vs knights. 2 were on our 10m line. One was a questionable strip vs keary in opening 2 minutes. The second was jwh holding ponga down. There was a 3rd 20 metres out where Ikavalu tackles the player in the air from a line drop out. I’m sure you have many examples you will share that prove we deliberately give away penalties on our line.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Too bad ponga couldn't put a few more penalties over. The "no team who has conceded 50 points has never won the premiership" thread would be mint