What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The way ahead for rugby in Australia

Stavros

Bench
Well in his previous post he wanted me to pray dead in the water. I mean what the hell does that mean? He should just stick to emoticons.
Durrr I can't believe you didn't know what Pray Dead in Water means!!
How stupid are you Shark??

TheFrog

Coach
Organizers of the Rugby World Cup, as well as the Global Sports Impact, state that the Rugby World Cup is the third largest sporting event in the World, behind only the FIFA World Cup and the Olympics,[40][41] although other sources question whether this is accurate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-watched_television_broadcasts

Rugby does not appear on the list. Cricket appears twice. Soccer and the Olympics dominate the list. I guess this makes cricket third, largely thanks to India.

parra_jesus

Juniors
They have the platform and exposure to turn it all around. Too much politics starting from the juniors to ever fix the problem. Only rich private school boys get picked predominantly. I never played union really growing up, but i saw it all the time and hear of it still going on.

Stallion

First Grade
Na it won't Stratos. We are talking International sports not 2 state kick and giggles

A code(RU) that goes out of its way to repress a better version (RL): doesn't rate. RU using its friends, blocking rugby league presence in schools around the world , and its repressive influence in high places of government and multinational companies doesn't mean it's a better sport to view. Union has a wider presence on false and dodgy pretenses: not for being a better sport/code which rugby league is but RL hasn't been given a fair go!

Stavros

Bench
A code(RU) that goes out of its way to repress a better version (RL): doesn't rate. RU using its friends, blocking rugby league presence in schools around the world , and its repressive influence in high places of government and multinational companies doesn't mean it's a better sport to view. Union has a wider presence on false and dodgy pretenses: not for being a better sport/code which rugby league is but RL hasn't been given a fair go!
Haha you keep saying this Stallion. There is a reason why Rugby League is a minority sport and it's got no one or nobody else to blame but itself.
I've seen you on other threads and you blame absolutely everything as to why Rugby League struggles it's so pathetic.
I even remember you making the comment that Rugby League should be the biggest and number 1 sport in the World.
Stratos it just doesn't capture the regular Joe's imagination. It's repetitive it doesn't require thinking or much skill.
If it was appealing it would have been just a tad bigger than a regional sport after 123 years of existence.
Even the diehards on here know that hence why you keep getting banned on here for the continual whinging.

Just curious what is it about Rugby League that other sports fear?? No sports fear it but I'm keen to know your opinion

Stallion

First Grade
Haha you keep saying this Stallion. There is a reason why Rugby League is a minority sport and it's got no one or nobody else to blame but itself.
I've seen you on other threads and you blame absolutely everything as to why Rugby League struggles it's so pathetic.
I even remember you making the comment that Rugby League should be the biggest and number 1 sport in the World.
Stratos it just doesn't capture the regular Joe's imagination. It's repetitive it doesn't require thinking or much skill.
If it was appealing it would have been just a tad bigger than a regional sport after 123 years of existence.
Even the diehards on here know that hence why you keep getting banned on here for the continual whinging.

Just curious what is it about Rugby League that other sports fear?? No sports fear it but I'm keen to know your opinion

Don't really chat/discourse to trash . But you are clearly unaware of rugby union's repressive tactics and manouverings to keep rugby league under "control" and limit its presence worldwide. You have a despicably ignorant attitude toward genuine sport. Rugby league players tackle more, tackle harder, run the ball more and run harder than Union players. There is far more' in play ' action in a game of rugby league compared to union. You are just complying with a very deceiving and manipulative status quo that doesnt deserve any cudos as a sport ,namely union. I put to you that if rugby league were allowed to have a presence (played) at elite private schools, do you honestly think union would still be around?

Stavros

Bench
Don't really chat/discourse to trash . But you are clearly unaware of rugby union's repressive tactics and manouverings to keep rugby league under "control" and limit its presence worldwide. You have a despicably ignorant attitude toward genuine sport. Rugby league players tackle more, tackle harder, run the ball more and run harder than Union players. There is far more' in play ' action in a game of rugby league compared to union. You are just complying with a very deceiving and manipulative status quo that doesnt deserve any cudos as a sport ,namely union. I put to you that if rugby league were allowed to have a presence (played) at elite private schools, do you honestly think union would still be around?
Absolutely Stratos! You take a look at all your posts on here and ON Twitter and it's all whinging and playing victim as to why Rugby League is irrelevant outside QLD and parts of NSW.
Elite private schools make up sweet f**k all of schools and this another excuse you make!
Now before you make the usual "You're a Rugby fan" I'm not. I'm an International sporting fan that respects international sport my main sport being football. I just can't stand the victim mentality and crying you and the one eyed League supporters spout time after time as to why it doesn't appeal to the greater sporting public.

Stallion

First Grade
Absolutely Stratos! You take a look at all your posts on here and ON Twitter and it's all whinging and playing victim as to why Rugby League is irrelevant outside QLD and parts of NSW.
Elite private schools make up sweet f**k all of schools and this another excuse you make!
Now before you make the usual "You're a Rugby fan" I'm not. I'm an International sporting fan that respects international sport my main sport being football. I just can't stand the victim mentality and crying you and the one eyed League supporters spout time after time as to why it doesn't appeal to the greater sporting public.

No you are not a genuine sports fan. You are a village idiot. I have shown you some simple aspects whereby rugby league players are superior to union players and you don't mention it. Even when you have requested such a response. You are truelly an ignoramus. You fail to understand that union would not be about if it were not for elite private school backing. The contacts and money with influence as a result of the private school monopoly of union upon league does matter. It gives union a head start on gaining favours in high places. For instance, in South Africa, rugby league has been trying to gain government funding for multiple decades. The government sports minister (and ex Springbok) uses rugby league's non status of being officially recognised as an international sport by the GSAIF as an excuse to not fund the rugby league code. Mind you this sort of non funding excuse is not isolated to South Africa. But South Africa is an apt example. It's happening all over the world with union doing its bit to make sure rugby league doesn’t grow.
Btw. NO USE OF TWITTER FROM THIS CONTRIBUTOR!

Stavros

Bench
No you are not a genuine sports fan. You are a village idiot. I have shown you some simple aspects whereby rugby league players are superior to union players and you don't mention it. Even when you have requested such a response. You are truelly an ignoramus. You fail to understand that union would not be about if it were not for elite private school backing. The contacts and money with influence as a result of the private school monopoly of union upon league does matter. It gives union a head start on gaining favours in high places. For instance, in South Africa, rugby league has been trying to gain government funding for multiple decades. The government sports minister (and ex Springbok) uses rugby league's non status of being officially recognised as an international sport by the GSAIF as an excuse to not fund the rugby league code. Mind you this sort of non funding excuse is not isolated to South Africa. But South Africa is an apt example. It's happening all over the world with union doing its bit to make sure rugby league doesn’t grow.
Btw. NO USE OF TWITTER FROM THIS CONTRIBUTOR!
Hahahaha the excuses keep coming!!
If Rugby League was superior you blokes wouldn't need so many excuses.
Remember your excuse for nobody giving a shit about the League "World" Cup? There was an ex Rugby player in the back staff that somehow sabotaged and made everyone not go??
:joy::joy::joy::joy: Its simple people don't fall for fake "International" events.
No wonder you get banned time and time again on here

Latest posts