What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Havn't seen anything yet (other than the results...and the highlights of the Battle Royale)

Gotta say, I love how in the battle royal, it had veterans in there like Glacier (I marked out, even though I knew he was coming), Gunn and Dreamer but the ones who impressed me most were guys I weren't familiar with like Luchasaurus

I'm looking forward to matching the PPV at some point, especially the Rhodes match.

Great show that didnt insult our intelligence.

Some old some new...the richsnob heel guy is gold on the mic...bucks n luchas went as per...the surprise show ups got great responses.

Show looked slick though the camera work does need tightening up. JR struggled a bit on commentary but theyll find their flow eventually.

Guys we finally have a real alternative.

Rich snob heel guy is Maxwell Jacob Freidman, MJF. Go on YouTube and check him out in MLW, very entertaining, particularly the promo he cut on the Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart, DBS Jr, Pillman Jr).

They are missing one thing, and that is some big monster dudes. And not just fat blokes, but real hosses in the build of Kane or Kevin Nash. They have Awesome Kong & Nyla Rose in the women’s division, but on the men’s side the biggest guy would be Dustin Rhodes, followed by Adam Page.

nöyd

Staff member
Great show that didnt insult our intelligence.

Some old some new...the richsnob heel guy is gold on the mic...bucks n luchas went as per...the surprise show ups got great responses.

Show looked slick though the camera work does need tightening up. JR struggled a bit on commentary but theyll find their flow eventually.

Guys we finally have a real alternative.
MJF is brilliant. And you can tell the crowd really has a genuine dislike of him.

I think JR did ok, his colour guy/s weren't much chop though. I don't want to be someone who keeps putting forward the names of WWE guys but imo the best "2nd tier" commentator right now is Corey Graves, I think him and JR could do great things together on the mic.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
One thing I loved was the return of seperate heel and babyface entrances. Last saw them in TNA, and I think they add genuine authenticity. Boxers and MMA fighters don’t come out of the same room, so why should wrestlers?

Boxers and MMA fighters come out of the same entrance every time. The entrance doesn't lead to a single room.

Not a fan of it myself. I find it contrived not authentic. If they came out of separate entrances randomly then fine, but what boxer/MMA fighter walks into a building and goes "I'm the villain, that means entrance B"?

I don't like shows saying "This is the good guy - cheer" or "This is the bad guy - boo".

Let them tell that story in the ring and people will figure it out.

Iafeta

Referee
Agree @KeepingTheFaith . What happens if you are a tweener? Do you jump through the ring mat? What if you turn? Why head back to the same dressing room because in kayfabe you should be pelted, but if you head to the other dressing room who gets your gear organised.

Other than that from what I’ve seen this was an amazing show. And finally I think we may be on the precipice of a strong competitor. Which is important because the WWWF has dished out contrived contrite nonsense without WCW and ECW pushing it to be better.

shiznit

Coach
One thing I loved was the return of seperate heel and babyface entrances. Last saw them in TNA, and I think they add genuine authenticity. Boxers and MMA fighters don’t come out of the same room, so why should wrestlers?
Boxers and MMA fighters always enter the ring/octagon from the same entrance.

Logistically it makes absolutely no sense having seperate entrances...

They obviously have different locker rooms... and in the case of the UFC they usually try and seperate the fighters into groups over a number of rooms and they base it on blue and red corners...

Two things:

Aew said that wins and losses will count? How do you think this will play out or was it more a comment that they won’t do 50/50 booking? I’d love to see win/loss records like ufc and boxing

The weigh ins for double or nothing sounded poxy. A bit of a shame, hope this gets more focus in future ppvs?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well, obviously I’m in the minority, but I love it.

No, I quite like it.
Like, I just imagine two feuding wrestlers in gorilla position waiting for their entrance songs to start...seems awkward.

I think I'd prefer it if it wasn't a 'face' side and a 'heel' side, but randomize it. Doesn't matter who comes out from what side imo

Who else do you think they get from wwe?

And who from wwe should they say no to? I hope they don’t pick up the jabronis and jobbers that aren’t worth a pinch of shit

Latest posts