What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 12 team list thread vs Bunnies

Djay

Juniors
BA’s brain farts have coincided with his extension. No doubt he would have signed prior to the Melbourne game seeing as though it was announced on the Monday after getting belted by 54 points.

Since then we have had the hookerless first 25 minutes against Melbourne and then some of the most bizarre team selections the following 2 weeks.

I reckon there’s a case to suggest that BA feels like he can take monumentally crazy risks now his immediate future is sorted in the hope of turning into some sort of SuperCoach.

He largely played it safe with team selections for the first 8 rounds and we were 5 and 3. Why the f**k is he making radical changes and messing with a winning formula. Sure there could be some minor tinkering such as dropping Peni and Taka but the rest were doing a job.
Agreed, I don't get all this chopping and changing, it is resembling last year. Every week is some new change, playing it safe and sticking solid with certain players is the way to go.

Yes some deserve to be dropped like Alvaro, Taka but I don't understand why we are changing our front row and bench every week, as well as playing Fergo centre last week. The guy is one of the best wingers in the comp and we put him in the centres? WTF.

Our line up for the first 8 games was fine, minimal fuss and changes and we were doing well, as soon as we lose every week he tries to start re-inventing the wheel.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Haha yep

I just saw the side and just knew merkins would be in here wigging the f**k out.

Personally, I reckon Mannah has been injured for a few weeks and will only play if he has to.

I agree.

I don't think he would ever get dropped - he is the model of consistency. He always does his job for us.

I, personally, really respect Tim Mannah as a player, and a person. Shame he may not run out on Friday evening.

Noise

Coach
I agree.

I don't think he would ever get dropped - he is the model of consistency. He always does his job for us.

I, personally, really respect Tim Mannah as a player, and a person. Shame he may not run out on Friday evening.

He has been dropped. MJC even confirmed. Named for Wenty. Yet Penis Terepo stays

Joely01

Bench
Taking out his 1 kick return Peni had 4 hit ups for 25m last week. 19 tackles, 3 missed and 1 ineffective and gave away 1 penalty.

Deserves his spot in the team

Prime example of how stats don’t always tell the story!
First of all Peni is apparently being used as a torpedo into the line, get the defense bending back 4 hit ups in a game is horrible!
Secondly look at the amount of times so far this season he has been the player either left on the ground in the ruck or lazy on the inside which has allowed an opposition to either make a break or score.
He needs a stint in Wenty way before Mannah and I’d even say Kaufusi and Alvaro.
Keep rewarding mediocre and the last three weeks is what we will get.
Can guarantee you, Terepo under a Bellamy coached side wouldn’t be near first grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He has been dropped. MJC even confirmed. Named for Wenty. Yet Penis Terepo stays

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

A head-scratcher, for sure.

I'm a big Tim Mannah fan, and always have been, but he has been brilliant in 2019 - we can all agree on that.

And yet, Terepo retains his spot ahead of Mannah... I will give Arthur the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not that please, tbh...

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

A head-scratcher, for sure.

I'm a big Tim Mannah fan, and always have been, but he has been brilliant in 2019 - we can all agree on that.

And yet, Terepo retains his spot ahead of Mannah... I will give Arthur the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not that please, tbh...
You’re more forgiving than I am. BA’s coaching performances have been diabolical these last three weeks, similar to some of the performances from his favourites in the playing group. This is just the icing on the cake.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You’re more forgiving than I am. BA’s coaching performances have been diabolical these last three weeks. This is just the icing on the cake.

He's making it very hard for me to keep supporting him, to be honest.

I am sure that, as a professional coach with a First Grade contract, and first-hand experience of the inner dealings of a club, he knows more about the club than I ever will - but he is really, really testing my patience...

Djay

Juniors
He's making it very hard for me to keep supporting him, to be honest.

I am sure that, as a professional coach with a First Grade contract, and first-hand experience of the inner dealings of a club, he knows more about the club than I ever will - but he is really, really testing my patience...
Agreed, but it doesn't take someone special to realise that players like Terepo, Evans and Will Smith are not the answers, honestly would any of them get gigs anywhere else in the NRL? I highly doubt it.

Noise

Coach
First of all Peni is apparently being used as a torpedo into the line, get the defense bending back 4 hit ups in a game is horrible!
Secondly look at the amount of times so far this season he has been the player either left on the ground in the ruck or lazy on the inside which has allowed an opposition to either make a break or score.
He needs a stint in Wenty way before Mannah and I’d even say Kaufusi and Alvaro.
Can guarantee you, Terepo under a Bellamy coached side wouldn’t be near first grade.

Err I was being sarcastic. His stats were obviously (so I thought ) terrible. The useless prick should have been dropped weeks ago.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mahoney to break the Eels all time tackle record this week.
God I hope BA isnt planning to move Lane into the middle either. Wouldnt surprise though.

My thoughts exactly... the other key ‘performance’ indicator that seems to be missed or overlooked with Peni is his tackle effectiveness (or lack thereof). Watch how many times his first contact is inefficient, an arm grab, inability to get player to the ground or dragged along for a few metres. Peni is a massive reason for us losing the ruck! It beggars belief that BA is blinded to this...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed, but it doesn't take someone special to realise that players like Terepo, Evans and Will Smith are not the answers, honestly would any of them get gigs anywhere else in the NRL? I highly doubt it.
Evans played 74 games for the Roosters before his 26th birthday you muppet! All these guys could play in better teams. Tui Kamikamica has played every game for Melbourne this year ffs!

Latest posts