What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 - Eels vs Rabbitohs: Friday 31st May 7:55pm @Bankwest Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Gee, this week is certainly going to be interesting but I'm really looking forward to it. We are heavily depleated so this may well be our toughest challenge of the year going up against a very tough Parra side at Bankwest Stadium. They seem to play well there so we are no doubt going to be up against it.

Really can't wait to see how some of these younger guys step up.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Yes our depth will have a challenge this week but I think that Adam Doueihi might come in Cody walker, they are saying he is doing very well at training and is looking to return....

and with scans and reports looks like Reynolds could be ok......

and there might be a spear forward in Kennedy being available we could push Sutton out to centres to replace Gagai

...should we push Sam in to replace Murray? Or should we move Lowe to lock and move in Gagan to the centres as burns is still not back to 100%?

callmack1

Staff member
I don't think Doueihi will play, give him a couple of weeks in the Canterbury Cup.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
This week is a bit of a free hit for Souths - it's a game they really shouldn't win so we can just send a team out to have fun. All the pressure is on Parra and they've shown they're not always a team that handles pressure well.
I wouldn't be moving Sam - his running on the edge has been a strength for Souths this year and in a game like this we want to retain every strength we can. Playing on the edge also means longer minutes on the field.
I'd leave Lowe in the centres and put one of the big boppers, maybe Knight, at lock and play three big middle forwards.
The halves will be interesting - I imagine Sutton will play five-eighth and (hopefully) AR will be OK to play half. If not him then (hopefully) Doueihi. If neither of them then I don't really know.
It's a good thing we've got the Super Coach to work it out

ThingFish

Juniors
This week is a bit of a free hit for Souths - it's a game they really shouldn't win so we can just send a team out to have fun. All the pressure is on Parra and they've shown they're not always a team that handles pressure well.
I wouldn't be moving Sam - his running on the edge has been a strength for Souths this year and in a game like this we want to retain every strength we can. Playing on the edge also means longer minutes on the field.
I'd leave Lowe in the centres and put one of the big boppers, maybe Knight, at lock and play three big middle forwards.
The halves will be interesting - I imagine Sutton will play five-eighth and (hopefully) AR will be OK to play half. If not him then (hopefully) Doueihi. If neither of them then I don't really know.
100%. Word on the interweb is that if Douhie isn’t ready Bayley Sironen will partner AR in the halves.

Travitoh

First Grade

What about Tatola at 13? Was a lock coming up through the grades if i recall correctly

Yeah, I reckon they'll keep Sam on his edge and start Tatola at 13

At least, that's the way I would play it.

I would also start and finish with the strongest possible pack and name all the fill in forwards on the bench.

Knowing what Wayne is like, I think he'll have them all super primed for a 20 to 30 minute stint each. They won't need to do anything brilliant, just make all their hit ups and tackles without error. Considering most of them will be looking at their first stints in first grade, Wayne won't have to tell them to be upbeat and leave nothing in the tank... Most of these young guys should be chomping at the bit to do just that.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah, I reckon they'll keep Sam on his edge and start Tatola at 13

At least, that's the way I would play it.

I would also start and finish with the strongest possible pack and name all the fill in forwards on the bench.

Knowing what Wayne is like, I think he'll have them all super primed for a 20 to 30 minute stint each. They won't need to do anything brilliant, just make all their hit ups and tackles without error. Considering most of them will be looking at their first stints in first grade, Wayne won't have to tell them to be upbeat and leave nothing in the tank... Most of these young guys should be chomping at the bit to do just that.

Tatola at lock should be good news for my SC side lol

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted Line Up for this week.

1. Allan
2. Hiroti
3. Lowe
4. Gagan
5. Graham
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Brittain
10. T.Burgess
11. Britt
12. S.Burgess (C)
13. Knight

14. Tatola
15. Nicholls
16. Kennedy
17. Amone

Certainly going to be interesting!

southsport

First Grade
Team is.

1) Corey Allan
2) Mawene Hiroti
3) Ethan Lowe
4) Adam Doueihi
5) Campbell Graham
6) Connor Tracey
7) Adam Reynolds
8) George Burgess
9) Billy Brittain
10) Thomas Burgess
11) John Sutton
12) Sam Burgess (c)
13) Junior Tatola
Interchange:
14) Bayley Sironen
15) Mark Nicholls
16) Dean Britt
17) Liam Knight
18) Keaon Koloamatangi
19) Jacob Gagan
20) Dean Hawkins
Coach - Wayne Bennett

handyman2190

Bench
Team is.

1) Corey Allan
2) Mawene Hiroti
3) Ethan Lowe
4) Adam Doueihi
5) Campbell Graham
6) Connor Tracey
7) Adam Reynolds
8) George Burgess
9) Billy Brittain
10) Thomas Burgess
11) John Sutton
12) Sam Burgess (c)
13) Junior Tatola
Interchange:
14) Bayley Sironen
15) Mark Nicholls
16) Dean Britt
17) Liam Knight
18) Keaon Koloamatangi
19) Jacob Gagan
20) Dean Hawkins
Coach - Wayne Bennett
This isnt a bad team britain has been great in canterbury cup, as i predicted douehi in the centres is a wise move and thank god tracy has recovered for the halves, if AR cant make it hawkins will come in, we might win

ThingFish

Juniors
Team is.

1) Corey Allan
2) Mawene Hiroti
3) Ethan Lowe
4) Adam Doueihi
5) Campbell Graham
6) Connor Tracey
7) Adam Reynolds
8) George Burgess
9) Billy Brittain
10) Thomas Burgess
11) John Sutton
12) Sam Burgess (c)
13) Junior Tatola
Interchange:
14) Bayley Sironen
15) Mark Nicholls
16) Dean Britt
17) Liam Knight
18) Keaon Koloamatangi
19) Jacob Gagan
20) Dean Hawkins
Coach - Wayne Bennett
This is a very exciting side. Having Sironen on the bench is an awesome idea. If Reno can’t go the distance he can slip into the halves as well as the forwards. Great to see Tracey and Douhie back from injury. I’m actually looking forward to this now.

Mascot Spy

Juniors
Team is.

1) Corey Allan
2) Mawene Hiroti
3) Ethan Lowe
4) Adam Doueihi
5) Campbell Graham
6) Connor Tracey
7) Adam Reynolds
8) George Burgess
9) Billy Brittain
10) Thomas Burgess
11) John Sutton
12) Sam Burgess (c)
13) Junior Tatola
Interchange:
14) Bayley Sironen
15) Mark Nicholls
16) Dean Britt
17) Liam Knight
18) Keaon Koloamatangi
19) Jacob Gagan
20) Dean Hawkins
Coach - Wayne Bennett

Very Big starting pack

callmack1

Staff member
Round 12 NRL Line Up to play Eels: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/05/28/round-12-nrl-line-up-to-play-eels/

Well that is a fair bit different to what I was expecting but it's better than what I was expecting!! Pretty happy with the side to be honest. So friggin awesome to see Doueihi back!! Also didn't expect Tracey to be back so soon but that's good too. Excited to see how him, Brittain and Sironen go. Obviously Reyno will still be touch and go but hopefully he'll be sweet.

But yea, decent side considering the guys we've lost to Origin and injury, I'm excited now!

Oldmate

Juniors
Jesus that is an enormous pack. Would have liked to see Koalamatangi in there for Nicholls but that’s alright. I think by the end of the year Liam Knight will be pushing a start. He’s an absolute weapon, no handbrakes and a lot of mongrel. Really looking forward to seeing Tracey getting a run too

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
Jesus that is an enormous pack. Would have liked to see Koalamatangi in there for Nicholls but that’s alright. I think by the end of the year Liam Knight will be pushing a start. He’s an absolute weapon, no handbrakes and a lot of mongrel. Really looking forward to seeing Tracey getting a run too
Well that's just weird - in a week where the side is without seven regular first-graders you would have preferred to see Super Coach select a rookie lock with no NRL experience over an experienced front rower who has been in first grade every week this year?

Latest posts