What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters fans be like 'The refs have it in for us....

Pedge1971

First Grade
Not sure how your response is relevant to my post?

Regarding repeated penalties on our line what is your source of proof? We gave away 9 penalties vs knights. 2 were on our 10m line. One was a questionable strip vs keary in opening 2 minutes. The second was jwh holding ponga down. There was a 3rd 20 metres out where Ikavalu tackles the player in the air from a line drop out. I’m sure you have many examples you will share that prove we deliberately give away penalties on our line.

You referencing one game. Can you run me through every one in the last 2 years?

Geez, hate to see you lose 3 in a row. 2 is really upsetting for you......

adamkungl

Immortal
Hate the team but their little group of supporters are good fun after a few unexpected losses.....

I got a bit of a laugh out of it tbh. Still a big fan of Pearcey and SKD and I like seeing Newie do well. The Broncos game was much more frustrating.

Resting Cronk was arrogant, and losing Keary was horrid luck, but even with them on the field it would have been a tough game, Knights were brilliant. But Robbo plays the long game well and I think we'll be well placed for a serious go at back to back.

Knights won the battle but we'll win the war ;)

Ps. now that Newie don't suck, a Roosters v Knights finals matchup is up there with Roosters v Souths for most anticipated

Cockosh

Juniors
Too bad ponga couldn't put a few more penalties over. The "no team who has conceded 50 points has never won the premiership" thread would be mint
Happy to admit I was shitting myself with 15 to go lo
You referencing one game. Can you run me through every one in the last 2 years?

Geez, hate to see you lose 3 in a row. 2 is really upsetting for you......
Cmon mate you can do it. Give us one simple fact. Just one. I give you one fact you want two. I give you 3 you want 4 but won’t offer a single one of your own.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Happy to admit I was shitting myself with 15 to go lo

Cmon mate you can do it. Give us one simple fact. Just one. I give you one fact you want two. I give you 3 you want 4 but won’t offer a single one of your own.

Shows how pathetic the argument is and how little it has to stand on. Talk shit get hit

Cockosh

Juniors
To try and be serious for a second, I think the Roosters style of play largely contributes to their lack of penalties. The majority of penalties are awarded around the ruck. In attack they play very up-tempo, often surrendering in tackles in order to get a quick play-the-ball. They don't often fight in the ruck, flailing around like a fish out of water looking for a penalty. Their stars have been their halves and backs and they work to get them early ball in good field positions. It works for them.

On the other hand - to use my team as an example - Souths game over the last decade has been very forward-oriented. Our forward pack has been star-studded, with largely average backlines (save for GI). Unlike the Roosters, if you shut down our forward pack you shut down Souths, so opposition teams often push the line in order to achieve this, resulting in more penalties being given away.

Either that, or it's just an anomaly, or referee bias, or the Roosters are just a bunch of unlikeable gits. You choose.
Credit for bing clever enough to understand its about penalties we receive (or don’t) and at least acknowledging the anomaly and trying to offer a plausible reason for it without just throwing out baseless myths. I agree in part but in that 12 years we have had various players, styles and coaches as have other teams and yet we inevitably get less penalties year after year. Given we have been one of the better attacking teams in that period surely that lends itself to putting teams on back foot and drawing offside or slowing type penalties but it doesn’t. I don’t put it down to any conspiracies simply because the nrl is far too dumb to succeed at something so sophisticated but it is without doubt one of the most unusual anomalies.

Latest posts