What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts to the Broncos (now Souths)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
That's that then. Thank f**k Staggs exploded onto the scene so swiftly.

I loved watching James when he was in open space. Very few backline players can be that exciting to watch, but he didn't do it anywhere near enough as he should have.

A lot of people put that at the feet of the coaches not utilizing him correctly, but now given the nature of his departure, I am comfortable putting it down to his own attitude. As soon as Bennett leaves, he cracks the sads which reflects in his own field form, Seibold axes him, and instead of taking it on the chin and fighting his way back into the side, he doubles down on the cracked sads, takes it personally, gets the shits with Seibold and suddenly he's "homesick".

Thanks for your service to the club James, but all signs are pointing to you being exactly the sort of toxicity that this club can do without.

Reactions: gUt

Vic Mackey

Referee
So Souths lose/sign GI to their front office made up job, and an NRL made up job, get cap relief, and now sign another Origin player in Roberts

Nothing
To
See
Here.

You mean spending the weekend with a hooker in a hotel room and not answering anyone from the clubs phone calls isn’t in the $300kpa job description?

P.S no hate for GI, I’m just jealous I can’t get a gig like that

BranVan3000

Coach
You mean spending the weekend with a hooker in a hotel room and not answering anyone from the clubs phone calls isn’t in the $300kpa job description?
It is for our next Arizona trip

images

BranVan3000

Coach
That's that then. Thank f**k Staggs exploded onto the scene so swiftly.

I loved watching James when he was in open space. Very few backline players can be that exciting to watch, but he didn't do it anywhere near enough as he should have.

A lot of people put that at the feet of the coaches not utilizing him correctly, but now given the nature of his departure, I am comfortable putting it down to his own attitude. As soon as Bennett leaves, he cracks the sads which reflects in his own field form, Seibold axes him, and instead of taking it on the chin and fighting his way back into the side, he doubles down on the cracked sads, takes it personally, gets the shits with Seibold and suddenly he's "homesick".

Thanks for your service to the club James, but all signs are pointing to you being exactly the sort of toxicity that this club can do without.
James is a ticking time bomb

We will inevitably regret this. But if it helps us get a Premiership this year I’ll pay it

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
James is a ticking time bomb

We will inevitably regret this. But if it helps us get a Premiership this year I’ll pay it

I'm not sure if his one great attacking move every 6 games will make that much of a difference, and his defence is garbage at the best of times, but your side were premiership favorites before he arrived.

yobbo84

First Grade
Has he ever played outside decent halves? Surely Walker and Reynolds would be the best he's played with?

forby

Juniors
Souths have one hooker in their squad so can call up one from outside. They can then sign a representative centre to fill the squad. Sounds fair! Now they effectively have a 31

Pfft. Jimmy the Jet doesn't sign contracts. He'll be off Souths cap. Still plenty of GI wriggle room to sign up some half decent talents.