What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts to the Broncos (now Souths)

Billythekid

First Grade
So Souths lose/sign GI to their front office made up job, and an NRL made up job, get cap relief, and now sign another Origin player in Roberts

Nothing
To
See
Here.

No worse than signing players to huge back ended contracts only to have them conveniently retire.

Someguy

First Grade
Wayne was lucky with Roberts in Brisbane the media was happy to go easy on his off field dramas. Sydney media is a different beast, jimmy may have to clean up his act for real now.

Otherwise it’s a handy signing for Souths, onboard the red carpet ride they are receiving he will be in the origin picture in no time.

The important news is that Jimmy the Jet's move to Souths will have a marginal impact on Souths over the coming years, while Latrell's retention will keep the Roosters strong for most of the next decade.

BranVan3000

Coach
He's from f**king Ballina by way of Kempsey and he wants to move from Brisbane to f**king Sydney to be closer to his family?

ROFLMAO.
i don’t know where that information is from, maybe when he was in under 8s. He grew up in La Perouse, played for La Perouse United and went to Matraville High, before becoming coming up through Souths HM and SG Ball

jc155776

Coach
It’s a zero risk signing because if it goes bad I’m sure they can retire him medically and give him a time mentoring fellow inmates at Long Bay

gerg

Juniors
Dumb move. I thought they had enough cap space to make a play for Latrell. He is at least twice the player of Roberts.

Latest posts