What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Crowe

Juniors
It’ll be interesting to see who Jimmy displaces when the backline gets back to full strength. Could be some hot competition for anywhere from 1 to 5. Coaches dream..

1. AJ
2. Graham
3. Burns
4. Roberts
5. Gagai

Corey Allan backup winger/fullback.
While Allan has done couple nice things defensively I’m still not sold on him to be anything more than a backup winger/fullback.
For a man his size he doesn’t break many tackles and he doesn’t have explosive speed to make up for it.

Crowe

Juniors
Wayne confirms Roberts right centre and Gagai right wing.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/764685a99fe01555e4df9fbfea6c4cdc

Wayne Bennett has dropped a State of Origin bombshell on Maroons star Dane Gagai with the super coach to axe him as South Sydney centre to make way for James Roberts.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Roberts’ mid-season signing with Souths will have direct ramifications for Gagai, who must confront a positional switch to the wing at Redfern just 72 hours after arriving in Camp Maroon for Origin I.

After starting the season on the wing, Gagai has impressed in his last nine games at right centre, but he will return to the flanks as Bennett prepares to unleash “The Jet” in the No.4 jumper.

Roberts’ defection to the Rabbitohs from Brisbane was so rapid Bennett didn’t have time to personally contact Gagai in Origin camp, but the super coach believes the Maroons ace will embrace the move.

“James will play right centre,” Bennett said.

“Dane Gagai is our current right centre, but he will go to the wing.”

Asked if Gagai was aware of his positional reshuffle, Bennett said: “No, I haven’t had a chat to ‘Gags’ yet, but I’m sure he won’t have a problem with it.

“He has done a great job for us at centre but wing is a position Dane knows well.

“Braidon Burns is back soon (from injury) at left centre so we’ll partner him with James hopefully in time.

“Dane likes playing in the centres but he’s a team-oriented bloke and he won’t stand in James’ way.

“He is playing wing for Queensland so he can do it for us.”

Gagai and Roberts both share indigenous ties and could form one of the most potent right-edge offensive pairings in the NRL with their fusion of power, strength and speed.

A La Perouse junior, Roberts launched his top-grade career at Souths in 2011 before being sacked for an off-field incident.

The Jet now returns to Redfern with 72 tries and 131 NRL games under his belt.

ThingFish

Juniors
1. AJ
2. Graham
3. Burns
4. Roberts
5. Gagai

Corey Allan backup winger/fullback.
While Allan has done couple nice things defensively I’m still not sold on him to be anything more than a backup winger/fullback.
For a man his size he doesn’t break many tackles and he doesn’t have explosive speed to make up for it.
If that backline is fully fit going into finals it has a LOT of points in it.

handyman2190

Bench
A bit OT but whispers that Easts aren't entirely happy with Crichton and are looking to offload him.
I wouldnt be happy with him either, he has done nothing and is lucky to have kept his origin spot, typical of the rorters though, nrl360 tonight have said robinson gave crighton a massive serve in front of the whole team for not putting in.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
I wouldnt be happy with him either, he has done nothing and is lucky to have kept his origin spot, typical of the rorters though, nrl360 tonight have said robinson gave crighton a massive serve in front of the whole team for not putting in.

I'd be happy to see him back at the club. He was always professional with a rabbit on his chest no matter his contract situation.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
With Roberts at this club I think our best backline looks awesome.

1. AJ/Allan
2. Gagai
3. Burns
4. Roberts
5. Graham/AJ

That’s a backline with speed to burn.

That's a bit rough imo.

He had a shocker against the Knights but a week prior was probably their best forward against the Broncos.

I always thought he'd be a square peg in a round hole at the Roosters and I never understood why they let Ryan Matterson go and then bought Angus. I can only think that they did it because they wanted to get one over us. Matto is a solid footballer, would've been half the price and was brought up through and fitted into the Roosters system well. One of the few dud decisions that Uncle Nick has made.

On top of this, Angus has never really been a great ball player but I get the feeling that the Roosters expect a bit of ball play out of him and you can see that the likes of Manu and Tupou have been blunted because of this.

I said it at the time but the Roosters made an error to chase him and whoever advised him to go there made a mistake as well. He was loved at Souths, he fit in well and had just had a career year when he signed with the Chooks... He should've stayed where he was and where he knew he fit in, at least for another year or two. He'd only just really established himself in that top tier and now he's kind of starting again.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A couple of rumours. Souths are interested in Jayden Su’a again. Apparently he is keen to come and play under Bennett.

The dogs are keen on Dean Britt. Why the dogs are forever chasing second rowers is beyond me.

Travitoh

First Grade
A couple of rumours. Souths are interested in Jayden Su’a again. Apparently he is keen to come and play under Bennett.

The dogs are keen on Dean Britt. Why the dogs are forever chasing second rowers is beyond me.

Rumours of Rhyse Martin leaving for StGI may have something to do with it.

Pauly1

Juniors
That's a bit rough imo.

He had a shocker against the Knights but a week prior was probably their best forward against the Broncos.

I always thought he'd be a square peg in a round hole at the Roosters and I never understood why they let Ryan Matterson go and then bought Angus. I can only think that they did it because they wanted to get one over us. Matto is a solid footballer, would've been half the price and was brought up through and fitted into the Roosters system well. One of the few dud decisions that Uncle Nick has made.

On top of this, Angus has never really been a great ball player but I get the feeling that the Roosters expect a bit of ball play out of him and you can see that the likes of Manu and Tupou have been blunted because of this.

I said it at the time but the Roosters made an error to chase him and whoever advised him to go there made a mistake as well. He was loved at Souths, he fit in well and had just had a career year when he signed with the Chooks... He should've stayed where he was and where he knew he fit in, at least for another year or two. He'd only just really established himself in that top tier and now he's kind of starting again.
He is a mercenary , we dont want him back