What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Manly

mxlegend99

Referee
love to’o, new fav player. met him in the sheds after the game and talked to him for a bit, really nice guy and he seems so happy to be playing nrl.

good win too panthers :thumbsup_tone1::thumbsup_tone1:
His sister has a kid in my boys class . The whole family seem really nice and super excited he just got an opportunity to play.

I was wearing a Panthers jersey to get my kid and she was so happy go strike up conversation about her brother debuting.

franklin2323

Immortal
Docker had no running game. But the guy could stop a Semi in its tracks when he hit right.

Martin looks like Jake Trbojevic to me. Without the same ball skills..but has the same agressive technique based game. Similar looking build too.

Whrn we have a fit dide we csn probably push JFH into ghr fflnt row:

8. JFH
10. Tamou
11. Kikau
12. Martin / Yeo
13. Yeo / Martin

I remember there being talk of Yeo shifting to lock if we could. But Martin is probably better suited. Either way... Martin is giving us a nice headache.

Martin can play prop too if you want to keep the backrow intact

unKwn

Juniors
desire and passion has been missing for weeks Cleary selects some new players look what happens A highlight after Martin scored Nadin was that excited he hugged a random panther fan against the fence
yea i saw that. those things are so awesome to see

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary actually gets stuck into Cummins in the press conference (as much as he can without being fined).
So he f**king should.

Some bizarre never before seen penalties tonight.

Award penalty to an offside player for not being able to get past the guy who played the ball...who merely existed. Korisau wasnt obstructed. He was offside. If he were onside he gets an opportunity to tackle.

Penalised Jimmy for being hit high.

Penalised us for a strip where the ball wasnt lost by Manly or touched by us. Possibly the worst call of the game.

The guy hates us and doesn't hide it.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Cleary actually gets stuck into Cummins in the press conference (as much as he can without being fined).

I’m going to have to watch a replay of some of the decisions this evening because frankly some of them were baffling to say the least.

No one wants to bag or blame the refs they have a tough job but sometimes you just shake your head and wonder how two refs, two touchies and two in goal officials come up with the decisions they do.

The Sea Eagles almost 60% possession but we came away with the points so well done to the guys.

Well done to Brent Naden on his very solid debut.

mxlegend99

Referee
desire and passion has been missing for weeks Cleary selects some new players look what happens A highlight after Martin scored Nadin was that excited he hugged a random panther fan against the fence
I swear we lost passion after the Souths game. Its still arguably our best performance of the year. And losing it seemed to destroy our spirit.

A bit of youth has brought the spirit back. Still dont look very good. But we're trying again. Building confidence winning ugly. Confidence is huge... no player better represents it than Edwards.

The Realist

Juniors
Just back from the game. I liked the energy and enthusiasm we played with, which was the same as last week. Still a long way off playing like a finals team though, still far too many silly penalties and errors and just a lack of polish. We really should have scored comfortably two, maybe 3 try's before Manly's comeback.

One point I want to make about the last 20. I was down the sideline were Manly scored their two tries. Our biggest problem was that we simply did not number up! Both times we were 5 or 6 on 3 essentially with one of our 3 being Maloney. Having Whare there would MAYBE have helped a little but the main cause was that our forwards were too tired, and in that period in was Winterstein. Yeo had a great game containing Walker and To'o was immense. Speaking of To'o I met him after the game - such a great young kid - very humble.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m going to have to watch a replay of some of the decisions this evening because frankly some of them were baffling to say the least.

No one wants to bag or blame the refs they have a tough job but sometimes you just shake your head and wonder how two refs, two touchies and two in goal officials come up with the decisions they do.

The Sea Eagles almost 60% possession but we came away with the points so well done to the guys.

Well done to Brent Naden on his very solid debut.

The Sea Eagles won every stat in the game. Possession for the Panthers was only 44%. You generally don't win footy games with so little ball. Cleary also mentioned we made almost 400 odd tackles.

It was pure grit that won the game for Panthers. A game for the purist. Please God never let us be reffed by that buffon Cummins again. In presser Cleary did have a say about it too.

Good Gutsy win.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just back from the game. I liked the energy and enthusiasm we played with, which was the same as last week. Still a long way off playing like a finals team though, still far too many silly penalties and errors and just a lack of polish. We really should have scored comfortably two, maybe 3 try's before Manly's comeback.

One point I want to make about the last 20. I was down the sideline were Manly scored their two tries. Our biggest problem was that we simply did not number up! Both times we were 5 or 6 on 3 essentially with one of our 3 being Maloney. Having Whare there would MAYBE have helped a little but the main cause was that our forwards were too tired, and in that period in was Winterstein. Yeo had a great game containing Walker and To'o was immense. Speaking of To'o I met him after the game - such a great young kid - very humble.

I’m not sure what silly penalties you refer too!! We conceded 8 in total and at least four of them were highly dubious?

Agree we are not a finals contender but given the possession flow and questionable decisions it was gutsy again.

Our two wingers were immense doing the tough stuff out of our own end.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not sure what silly penalties you refer too!! We conceded 8 in total and at least four of them were highly dubious?

Agree we are not a finals contender but given the possession flow and questionable decisions it was gutsy again.

Our two wingers were immense doing the tough stuff out of our own end.

Luai gave a dumb one early on in the game on last tackle not needed.

Maloney another for not playing it properly so there was 2

franklin2323

Immortal
I swear we lost passion after the Souths game. Its still arguably our best performance of the year. And losing it seemed to destroy our spirit.

A bit of youth has brought the spirit back. Still dont look very good. But we're trying again. Building confidence winning ugly. Confidence is huge... no player better represents it than Edwards.

We clocked off in Storm game so it had a been a constant. Last 2 weeks is what you need. Lets hope that doesn't vanish as guys like Kenny go back down

franklin2323

Immortal

All the season we have been vunerable out wide. Look at how we line up halves even Cleary stands too wide and they lose their place

Kilkenny

Coach
Luai gave a dumb one early on in the game on last tackle not needed.

Maloney another for not playing it properly so there was 2

That’s fine but as I say there were six others and for at least four of them I’m still scratching my head trying to work out what they were given for!!!

We shouldn’t be talking about the officials after a win but seriously I’m am gobsmacked by some of the decisions tonight and it is not good enough.

Kilkenny

Coach
All the season we have been vunerable out wide. Look at how we line up halves even Cleary stands too wide and they lose their place

Manly had nothing to lose threw the ball around in the last ten minutes and we were fatigued.

It was disappointing to concede the two tries but it was just fatigue more then anything else.

We thoroughly deserved our win even if if wasn’t what we would have hoped for.

Abacus

Juniors
2 things from last night:
  1. Cummins didn't have a clue for most of the night - including calling Jerome "Tyrone" throughout; and
  2. DWZ has obviously been "the problem" this year - wins both games after he's dropped.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Looks like we may have started turning the corner in regards to effort, teamwork etc, every single player really had a go which is a stark contrast to games from a few weeks back. Not to many errors and can’t recall any dumb penalties which would be a first for us. And on Ben Cummins, he is either a cheat or just a very bad ref, still not sure which one.

OldPanther

Coach
giphy.gif

Hi everyone.

Just a couple of things from my lurking. Cleary will never be a 9.

As for the game it's good to see the enthusiasm. Just need Maloney out by June 30 he's getting old so only has limited time anyway so Luai can play regularly at 6. Martin is awesome, that's the first game I've seen of him.