What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
View attachment 30117
I received this pic back from him saying - ‘ wish you were here ‘ wherever the hell that is ?

I'm told Mary has been talking a lot of hot air.................

c2162f86-c884-4e9b-bd62-869ddb727f65_1.024b115e7354e53e9a927031c45281ec.jpeg

Banjo2014

Juniors
Fox NRL called Saints supporters "complainers" concerning Mary as Coach.

I love Fox NRL but I will still complain .............. until things are fixed - hire that old cranky dude from Penrith ex - why not sign the young assistant from Penrith - bring back the Dem - plenty of options

Sorry for the whinge

Coffs dragon

Bench
Spot the Difference:
Souths win the premiership in 2014 under Madge Maguire & sack him in 2017 with 2 years remaining on his contract.
Dragons make the semi's only twice under McDiphit and extend his contract 2 years as he's a career coach.

One club owned by MAXIMUS Crowe whom wields considerable power & outside influence.
The other club is half owned by MINIMUS Gordon whom seems to deal & control the inside old boys sanctum.

St Georgio

Juniors
Many Souths supporters turned there back on Rugby League when Souths were kicked out of the league.
As long as Todd Greenburge, M Beattie and Paul McGregor remain in there respective positions I won't watch another game!!!

Fox NRL called Saints supporters "complainers" concerning Mary as Coach.

I love Fox NRL but I will still complain .............. until things are fixed - hire that old cranky dude from Penrith ex - why not sign the young assistant from Penrith - bring back the Dem - plenty of options

Sorry for the whinge
Don't apologize.
Fox NRL should start being objective and stop heaping shit on to the long suffering fans.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Many Souths supporters turned there back on Rugby League when Souths were kicked out of the league.
As long as Todd Greenburge, M Beattie and Paul McGregor remain in there respective positions I won't watch another game!!!

Please stay with us.
We need your continued support, St G.

I'd like to see everyone boycott the games to get our message across. It would work because tv commentators would make mention of it.
The sponsors would want it addressed.

I feel it is the only way the club board would sack McGregor anytime soon.

It certainly would work, we just need everyone to pull together. Everything in life is a numbers game, this would be another example if it was actioned.

possm

Coach
I very much doubt the announcers on Fox would recommend that Mary go and coach at their preferred Club. Praising Mary and resisting the call to speak honestly about his performance is just another way of keeping Saints down. There will come a time when Saints fans will say enough is enough and walk away until changes are made.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Is there anyone in here that doesn't fully expect Trent Barrett to be hired as assistant coach next month then get promoted to head coach once Dragons finish bottom 4 this year?
IT WILL HAPPEN.
Trent Barrett yet another ex-nrl player with zero coaching smarts......

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Surely we have reached this point........................
You know mate it tears my heart out to see how we have disintegrated over the last few years, in particular since our imposter of a coach has been in charge....as I said earlier this week I travelled down from Qld to Win stadium on Sunday and it was clearly evident that the passion and full committment from the majority of our team has gone....and to top it off to look around the ground and see the disappointment and pain on our supporters faces was very sad indeed......I watched the Panthers game on tele last night and even though they have been racked by controversy and injuries amongst otherthings the players were fully committed and dedicated to the task at hand....and I thought to myself you know what we are miles from achieving an 80 minutes effort like they put in....very sad but true.....in short do us all a favour Mary quit now and give us back our footy team

hazzbeen

Bench
You know mate it tears my heart out to see how we have disintegrated over the last few years, in particular since our imposter of a coach has been in charge....as I said earlier this week I travelled down from Qld to Win stadium on Sunday and it was clearly evident that the passion and full committment from the majority of our team has gone....and to top it off to look around the ground and see the disappointment and pain on our supporters faces was very sad indeed......I watched the Panthers game on tele last night and even though they have been racked by controversy and injuries amongst otherthings the players were fully committed and dedicated to the task at hand....and I thought to myself you know what we are miles from achieving an 80 minutes effort like they put in....very sad but true.....in short do us all a favour Mary quit now and give us back our footy team
After 2 years of Marys coaching , I knew he was an imposter of a coach but our lot see him as a super coach .... It summed it all up , when he came out with the most ridiculous statement after losing 5 games in a row ... That he was excited .... Enough said ....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Surely we have reached this point........................

Absolutely we have GS, rhe unfortunate thing however, is that people still buy memberships, following like Lemmings on the premise of this year will he different. Some may even think by signing up they can get better seats off those who cancel.
Nothing will happen until the Board is hit in the hip pocket as their counter arguement will always be "our memberships have increased".
The performance of the NRL team is insignificant to them as long as the Lemmings keep following the piper.

St Hope

Juniors
Firstly Hi
I would like to point out it could be worse , we could follow the BYE comes into the comp this time of the year and never wins a game or even worse follow Manly no explanation needed.
No we have an innovative coach introduced roller coaster coaching takes them on a exciting ride and then brings them to a slow gentle stop.
Gets the forwards to spray that sticky stuff for hands under their arms before match works a dream.
Seriously though the reason I have decide to join in this discussion is in the hope that numbers matter.
Mary is content it would seem with mediocrity thinks making the eight is the goal where making the four should be the measure of success ( nobody wins comp from outside 4).
The Cronulla lose said"was a big improvement"but did anyone out there think we were capable of winning once they got to the front or was it only me with the negative thoughts at the time ?
The previous week was the kicker for me Dufty may have been poor but he is at the moment one of our best options for points , wouldn't it have been a better option to attempt to hide him on the wing in defence and switch him with Lomax when we have the ball ?
Opinion Mary is probably a good lower grade coach good at teaching the basics but cannot take what is a pretty good team 4 SOO players 1 English test player to the heights it would seem they are capable of.
Enough S..t over and out

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Please stay with us.
We need your continued support, St G.

I'd like to see everyone boycott the games to get our message across. It would work because tv commentators would make mention of it.
The sponsors would want it addressed.

I feel it is the only way the club board would sack McGregor anytime soon.

It certainly would work, we just need everyone to pull together. Everything in life is a numbers game, this would be another example if it was actioned.

Considering the side’s continued lack of success, I don’t think you need to worry about fans not turning up to games. On the flip side, if crowds are poor, a club will find it extraordinarily difficult to pay its bills. Do we want Saints to become the next Newtown as propheciesed by Brian Smith many moons ago?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Is there anyone in here that doesn't fully expect Trent Barrett to be hired as assistant coach next month then get promoted to head coach once Dragons finish bottom 4 this year?
IT WILL HAPPEN.

I expect McGregor to complete his tenure only for Barrett to follow on afterwards,

This Year?

Immortal
IT WILL HAPPEN.
But but but Gus rates him and he was part of the Blues staff! I will lose my shit completely if Barrett becomes part of our coaching staff.

BLM01

First Grade
IT WILL HAPPEN.

Unfortunately I'd take him over Mary...WHY?
least Barrett is not full of excuses and taks a loss hard and does not predict the future or dwell on prior results on where we are to go, how many games etc to make the 8 or how little distance we are from the top sides.He had a lot of injuries etc in his last 1-2 years at Manly. Not an excuse but obviously had some things behind the scenes go against him at admin level. Whose at fault?..Dont know. Just my opinion.
Not saying how much better he would be but I liked the way Manly attacked under him.

Latest posts