What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Manly

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah just watched his post game interview, he didn't say much as he was in tears, its refreshing to see these kids relishing these chances to play after some of the pissweak efforts the team has served up this year.

Id much rather watch guys like Naden, Kenny, Too Martin etc than watch rep players underperform and sulk even if it means losing more.

The attitude they bring will get you in the 8 rather that then a team that looks good on paper but poor attitude

franklin2323

Immortal
We do it with Kikau as well, he can have 5 defenders waiting on the pass to him and we will still give it rather than go outside, that annoys me but I thinks its the tactics.

Part of which a ball playing fullback might fix. Prob puts that higher on the list of needs

Bodhi

Juniors
Yeah just watched his post game interview, he didn't say much as he was in tears, its refreshing to see these kids relishing these chances to play after some of the pissweak efforts the team has served up this year.
Id much rather watch guys like Naden, Kenny, Too Martin etc than watch rep players underperform and sulk even if it means losing more.
Agree 100%. Further to that, loved how Luai stood up for To'o (the incident he was sent off for). To'o went over to Luai and thanked him with a pat on his head. Although it could have cost us dearly, it's just great to see them sticking up for each other nevertheless.

GongPanther

Referee
This win will pep up Cleary's confidence for next Wednesday's game. Nothing like going into a SOO match knowing your club is on a winning roll.

Fangs

Coach
Watching the replay. Even with a second string backrow we looked more dangerous on the edges. Maloney and Luai have great hands and with Kikau back I'd expect more points if they stay in the halves.

Don't play Cleary against the Roosters. He will need a rest after Origin. I want to see another week of Maloney/Luai.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Agree 100%. Further to that, loved how Luai stood up for To'o (the incident he was sent off for). To'o went over to Luai and thanked him with a pat on his head. Although it could have cost us dearly, it's just great to see them sticking up for each other nevertheless.

After the game the two of them knelt on one knee and embraced. They must be close.

betcats

Referee

Agree though I hope Jerome controls himself next time.

Also it was nice to see DWZ sitting with the team and waiving a Penrith flag last night, I hope it works out well for him and the club to part of good terms.

franklin2323

Immortal
Watching the replay. Even with a second string backrow we looked more dangerous on the edges. Maloney and Luai has great hands and with Kikau back I'd expect more points if they stay in the halves.

Don't play Cleary against the Roosters. He will need a rest after Origin. I want to see another week of Maloney/Luai.

Rest Cleary til 2023 I'd say

Bodhi

Juniors
Say if DWZ signs with another club in the next couple of days, can we get Kenny or Naden upgraded in time for Round 13 against the Chooks or are there other checks and balances that need to be completed? Egan is scheduled to return next week but if he's not fit by chance, we'd be in a spot of bother with only Katoa to rely on.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Say if DWZ signs with another club in the next couple of days, can we get Kenny or Naden upgraded in time for Round 13 against the Chooks or are there other checks and balances that need to be completed? Egan is scheduled to return next week but if he's not fit by chance, we'd be in a spot of bother with only Katoa to rely on.

If Egan is not fit. Surely we can get permission to run with Kenny ?

OldPanther

Coach

The Panthers site has Naden in the top 30.

Screenshot_20190531-141656_Chrome.jpg

Bodhi

Juniors
If Egan is not fit. Surely we can get permission to run with Kenny ?
Sorry, what I meant was if Egan is deemed fit to return by the NRL thus closing the exemption door for Kenny but he's underdone.
We have already found running Luai at 14 offers nothing of value so really need to somehow get Kenny upgraded.

Latest posts