What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players refusing to sing the National anthem in protest

typicalfan

Coach
You couldn’t even squeeze one fact into your post?

“However unpopular they may be...”

Da fuq!? LOL! Like there aren’t a legion of pussies like you who will defend their faux-moral stance with your lives :joy:
There is no stance. They do not have to sing the anthem and they are allowed to do it for whatever reason they think necessary. This is a fact. So there is no stance.

You are the one telling the story it isn't my fault you are having a sook and can't handle it.

Go on, spam a few more emojis and keep telling us how smart you are.

SBD82

Coach
You couldn’t even squeeze one fact into your post?
There were several facts in my post. To me, the most significant was that you’re using an alt to cast aspersions on their character, and that’s pretty gutless.
“However unpopular they may be...”

Da fuq!? LOL! Like there aren’t a legion of pussies like you who will defend their faux-moral stance with your lives :joy:
News.com running the story knowing that they will get people of a like mind riled up is evidence that it has the potential to be unpopular.

Also, someone who is a pussy would defend a principle with their life. Care to rethink that?

There is no stance. They do not have to sing the anthem and they are allowed to do it for whatever reason they think necessary. This is a fact. So there is no stance.

You are the one telling the story it isn't my fault you are having a sook and can't handle it.

Go on, spam a few more emojis and keep telling us how smart you are.

I agree they shouldn’t be compelled to sing the anthem (is anyone even asking for that?), & they should be allowed to choose that route for their reasons.

Just don’t pretend it’s about a, “movement.”

typicalfan

Coach
I agree they shouldn’t be compelled to sing the anthem (is anyone even asking for that?), & they should be allowed to choose that route for their reasons.

Just don’t pretend it’s about a, “movement.”
If the guy says i don't want to sing the anthem because it doesn't represent me and my family, then he is probably doing it because it doesn't him and his family. Crazy I know.

Frailty

First Grade
As weak as cats piss.

Someone tell me the racism in Advance Austrlia Fair.
A simple search could find this for you:
The song has been criticised as Australia's national anthem for failing to represent Australia's indigenous population. Specifically it has been accused of racist lyrics that celebrate British colonisation. Christopher Kelen has argued that the use of "fairness" repeated in every rendition of the chorus is specifically about the civilising process of the white man. Kelen suggests that use of the word "fair" – which he takes to mean "beautiful', "just" or "white" – rejoices the advancement of Australia according to the terra nullius myth, which fails to acknowledge a time before the Europeans colonised Australia including murdering much of its indigenous population.[16]

The second line "for we are young and free" has been criticised as being offensive to indigenous Australians.[17] Australian Aboriginal soprano Deborah Cheetham refused to sing "Advance Australia Fair" at the 2015 AFL grand finals citing this lyric, and advocating that the lyrics be rewritten.[18]

That’s from Wikipedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Australia_Fair