What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v Souths

IMO

Juniors
I thought they looked like they had a lot more energy off the ball, and the defensive attitude was a major improvement over the last few weeks. There were a number of sets where we had Souths kicking on the last from in their own half, not something we have seen lately.
Refs were woeful in their keeping Souths back the 10 with lots of arm waving and "coaching" but very little if any penalties.
Overall, I reckon BA made the right call with the changes he made for this week but I would have loved to have seen Salmon out there instead of the Fresh Prince.
Of coarse they showed more energy off the ball and better attitude in defence they were playing a team half filled with reserve graders. Wait til they are back playing a full strength contender, they'll all sh*t themselves again and go back hiding. No energy or attitude then. When its easy great, when it gets tough - get me outa here. Should be the eels motto.

Kornstar

Coach
That was the most corrupt refereeing performance i have seen for some time. I will always say they are completely inept but what we witnessed tonight was bordering on needing to check their bank accounts.

I understand Souths were severely depleted but that’s not our fault, why make sure you keep them in the game? If you don’t like teams playing without players then change the f**king rep season or figure something out.

We were prepared and we turned up and should have won by more if not for the referees.

The team changes worked, next week should be interesting against a much better side..........

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Of coarse they showed more energy off the ball and better attitude in defence they were playing a team half filled with reserve graders. Wait til they are back playing a full strength contender, they'll all sh*t themselves again and go back hiding. No energy or attitude then. When its easy great, when it gets tough - get me outa here. Should be the eels motto.

Shows how little you know about the Eels........nights like tonight are prime Eels shitting the bed games.......we’ve lost many more of these types of games that we “should” win than we have won.

emjaycee

Coach
They weren't missing any size from their forward pack mate.

IMO

Juniors
Shows how little you know about the Eels.........we’ve lost many more of these types of games that we “should” win than we have won.
Yeah you may have a point (someting to be proud of) but then you still sh*t yourself against the contenders ie Storm.
New theme song by Billy Ocean - When the going gets tough, the eels get going........straight to the in goal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tepai is still a massive concern. He made 27 tackles and missed 4. In comparison Mahoney (who is a garden gnome) made 53 and only missed 3. I don’t get what Tepai offers
In defence he goes after them, which leads to some misses. 33 attempted tackles in 37 minutes is a pretty decent work rate:

Attempted tackles per minute (minutes):

0.89 Moeroa (37 minutes)
0.85 Evans (34)
0.74 Stone (19)
0.73 Mahoney (80)
0.68 Terepo (41)
0.57 Niukore (30)
0.48 Paulo (42)
0.47 Gower (38)

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stats don't tell the full story.
Stats tell plenty. He is obviously first into contact a lot of the time, and the stats back it up. But maybe merkins run at him? I hope they keep it up. He's played in all six wins this year but missed two of our losses. Might be coincidence, obviously.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We've won half our games this year. They weren't all against Origin-depleted sides.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The tram changes worked
49858085_535214546979173_7446759539671115762_n.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Tepai is still a massive concern. He made 27 tackles and missed 4. In comparison Mahoney (who is a garden gnome) made 53 and only missed 3. I don’t get what Tepai offers
Im not having a go at him but half of mahoneys tackles r probably the 3rd guy in just grabbing legs to make him fall over .... Tep is hitting pretty hard... i thought he went ok tonight

strider

Post Whore
No but missing the class behind the big pack to take advantage of their platform to put the usual 40 or 50 on you
Booohoooo .... if only our team had a sugar daddy to entice a teams worth of rep players to come play for us

Where was Sammy tonight? Wishing he was playing SOO too? Mind not on the game?

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah you may have a point (someting to be proud of) but then you still sh*t yourself against the contenders ie Storm.
New theme song by Billy Ocean - When the going gets tough, the eels get going........straight to the in goal.
No but missing the class behind the big pack to take advantage of their platform to put the usual 40 or 50 on you

Bit harsh about your own team but tend to agree
This is why you shouldn’t split threads