What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players refusing to sing the National anthem in protest

magpie4ever

First Grade
Well part of the bridge building is holding a conversation of what’s happened in the past and continues to happen that this very subtle protest has triggered. That conversation will bring up the over representation of indigenous folk in prison or deaths in custody or high suicide rates or that their heritage is likely to get them overlooked on a job application, stolen lands etc.

See my reply to Unforgiven.

I'm all for actioning these issues but first the victim mentality of the people, needing a hand up, needs to disappear & a positive outlook/acceptance by all that WE will move forward on these issues.

If you keep looking at the past & blaming it on these issues; you are f**ked.

See my reply to Unforgiven.

I'm all for actioning these issues but first the victim mentality of people, needing a hand up, needs to disappear & a positive outlook/acceptance by all that WE will move forward on these issues.

If you keep looking at the past & blaming it on these issues; you are f**ked.

I get ya. Just adding that recognising the past is where the healing starts. Only then can you look/move forward

magpie4ever

First Grade
I get ya. Just adding that recognising the past is where the healing starts. Only then can you look/move forward

Yes, recognise history - no problem (forget history & it will reoccur) but don't live in it.

Settle it once & for all - apology, treaty, change flag, anthem, etc, etc - now let's action these real & current issues together.

Last edited:
Nothing will change for them, Canard, & you & I both know why.

It’s totally White supremacy & not their own, terrible mentality.

Those damn Nazis :joy:

Ret

Juniors
Ahahahah - you are in here page after page crying over perceived racism & calling out all the Nazis like the hysterical beta you are, but I’m having a sook.

Right :rofl::rofl::rofl:

After reading most of this thread, it’s obvious where the hysteria is coming from.
You.
Linking Kaepernick’s Nike deal to this, is a classic piece of right wing squealing.

unforgiven

Bench
I'm all for given a hand up, but when a 12 child goes on a crime rampage in the NT, or an Uncle is screwing their 7 year old neice in Alice; I don't want the excuse "but, we are the victim of invasion & colonisation".
I haven't seen one person mention this as being acceptable!
But to move forward, we need to accept history - if there is a push for a new flag, anthem & public holiday, I all for it as long as everyone agrees the bridge has been built, we have all crossed it; now to move forward together.
It is not history to a lot of these people, there are people still alive who suffered and continued to suffer from the injustices inflicted on the indigenous people of this country. It is unfair to state that they should build a bridge and get over it!

magpie4ever

First Grade
I haven't seen one person mention this as being acceptable!

It is not history to a lot of these people, there are people still alive who suffered and continued to suffer from the injustices inflicted on the indigenous people of this country. It is unfair to state that they should build a bridge and get over it!

I'm well aware of the stolen generation.

Easy to whinge, provide us with your solution.

unforgiven

Bench
I'm well aware of the stolen generation.

Easy to whinge, provide us with your solution.
It is not my place to come up with the solution, but a good place to start is raising the issues and starting the conversation about these problems which is what the players are trying to do by taking this stance. I can tell you that the solution definately is not some white guy telling them to build a bridge and get over it.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It is not my place to come up with the solution, but a good place to start is raising the issues and starting the conversation about these problems which is what the players are trying to do by taking this stance. I can tell you that the solution definately is not some white guy telling them to build a bridge and get over it.

Dude, we all know the issues; but you offer no solutions.

You seem to thrive on the victim mentality.

How do you know I'm white?