What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players refusing to sing the National anthem in protest

magpie4ever

First Grade
But why are there more indigenous people committing those crimes? please don't respond with the answer of as a race they are just bad people, because I'm sure even you know what that is called!

Upbring, socio-economic issues, no respect for themselves or others, drugs/alcohol/petrol sniffing - that's four, there is obviously more.

Quicksilver

Bench
Not having at shot at you, but how would you know?
How would you?

What do you think they were doing?

It's considered the oldest culture in the world.

They were able to survive for that long living fairly sustainably off the land with their own culture and set of beliefs and rituals.

Seems pretty successful to me. Lets see if what we're doing lasts that long.

I bet you $5 with interest it won't.

typicalfan

Coach
Do these guys ever consider that the reason they get overlooked for rep honour is not because they're aboriginal but because they will parlay their selection into some totally unrelated agenda they'll pour down everyone's throat.

He'll most likely get shown up pretty hard at this level so hopefully we only have to endure this crap for one game.
Well JAC is one of the first blues picked and probably the best winger on the field so yeah I don't like your chances. So I guess sooking more is your only alternative.

DC_fan

Coach
Their culture was doing well for 40 odd thousand years.

Something changed. Some kind of shit influence.

Not sure what though.

The world changed, as it is always doing. It is 2019, not 1719. We might not like change, but if you don’t change you get left behind. And that happens to everyone regardless of race.

Quicksilver

Bench
Seems to me you feel victimised by someone not sharing your opinion. Take a look at the emotion in your posts vs mine & Magpies.

It’s clear you’re far more passion than logic on this subject.

I'm an advocate of free speech. Say whatever you want to say.

Although I'd rather be in your position of having a few comments deleted on a Rugby League forum then an aboriginal over the last 200 years. Particularly those prior to about 1970.

But keep fighting the important fight.

SBD82

Coach
Seems to me you feel victimised by someone not sharing your opinion. Take a look at the emotion in your posts vs mine & Magpies.

It’s clear you’re far more passion than logic on this subject.
Why is it wrong to be passionate about things?

Why does the anthem have meaning to you? Where’s the logic?

SBD82

Coach
The world changed, as it is always doing. It is 2019, not 1719. We might not like change, but if you don’t change you get left behind. And that happens to everyone regardless of race.
So we can move on from the current anthem?

SBD82

Coach
I knew someone would come on here and say that. You really don’t have any idea in what you are talking about. You paint a face on somebody you don’t know anything about, just to push your own agenda.
Not gonna lie. The misunderstanding here is pretty amusing.