What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts to the Broncos (now Souths)

yobbo84

First Grade
Souths have one hooker in their squad so can call up one from outside. They can then sign a representative centre to fill the squad. Sounds fair! Now they effectively have a 31
Yeah, nah. Billy Brittain was already in our Top 30.

AJB1102

First Grade
No worse than signing players to huge back ended contracts only to have them conveniently retire.

Pretty sure Manly wore all of Stewart's and Matai's contracts if that's what you're referring to.

It’s a zero risk signing because if it goes bad I’m sure they can retire him medically and give him a time mentoring fellow inmates at Long Bay

Jimmy looks a switched on character. His zip from the desk to the printer and back alone would see him fetching $200k+ in an office job at Souths. He'll deliver jam donuts so fast and hot Richo will have 3rd degree raspberry burns.

Dumb move. I thought they had enough cap space to make a play for Latrell. He is at least twice the player of Roberts.

Russell Crowe may have blundered here in sinking money into Jimmy the Jet, instead of chasing Latrell. On the other hand Russell may have assumed that Nick Politis will always get his man, so why bother challenging the maestro and losing.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Good to see Greenberg With the GI call and allowing Souths cap space for Roberts, is now making the comp ultra competitive...well at least for two teams.
Maybe down the track anything up to four teams might be in with a chance of winning the comp...how good would that be.

How embarrassing for all the Souths nuffies who trumpeted a run at Mitchell.

As expected, the, “battle” for his signature over before it started, & really, how did they expect anything else? They couldn’t even beat us out for Anasta back in the day & his uncle was a red & green icon, LMAO.

As expected, the, “battle” for his signature over before it started, & really, how did they expect anything else? They couldn’t even beat us out for Anasta back in the day & his uncle was a red & green icon, LMAO.

Why would this have anything to do with Mitchell? If we go after Latrell it'll be to play Fullback, not centre. We've still got more than half Inglis' money left to spend and by all reports, George Burgess and Sutton will be gone at the end of the year...

If we want Latrell, we've still got more than enough cap to come get him and if we don't get him, we'll make sure you have to pay overs to keep him. That'll be good enough for me.

Why would this have anything to do with Mitchell? If we go after Latrell it'll be to play Fullback, not centre. We've still got more than half Inglis' money left to spend and by all reports, George Burgess and Sutton will be gone at the end of the year...

If we want Latrell, we've still got more than enough cap to come get him and if we don't get him, we'll make sure you have to pay overs to keep him. That'll be good enough for me.

If missing out on the best player in the world & watching him wear your rivals’ colours is good enough for you, you’re my kind of Rabbit :thumbsup_tone2:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

I wish they did.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

There is no way on earth Mitchell could play Fullback, he doesn't have the fitness. There is also no way he will ever play for Souths, take that to the bank. He knows the Roosters would always have his best interests at heart, Souths are not that kind of club, they would leave him in the gutter. George Burgess is going to make way for TPJ.

Danish

Referee
So should we start a pool on when he’ll be sacked?

I reckon sometime in the 2020 season

Canard

Immortal
So should we start a pool on when he’ll be sacked?

I reckon sometime in the 2020 season

This, comparing this recruitment to Latrell is like saying we've given the meth head that hangs around on the footpath outside work a salary, we don't need Bill Gates.

Latest posts