What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Dragon David

First Grade
Team looks unfit to me, very lazy alot of the forwards especially covering in the inside..

They did not look very enthusiastic. Sailor looked like he went off in a huff. Dufty had the shits. I think the way that our CC guys play is akin to our NRL side. Think that a lead is good enough and once they have the lead fail to wrap the game up. Sailor had the right idea to go for the field goal in the end and that would have sealed the match, but as the lack of luck would have it, it resulted in the Magpies getting 7 tackles which led to the final try and conversion to draw the match.

Smurf

Juniors
They did not look very enthusiastic. Sailor looked like he went off in a huff. Dufty had the shits. I think the way that our CC guys play is akin to our NRL side. Think that a lead is good enough and once they have the lead fail to wrap the game up. Sailor had the right idea to go for the field goal in the end and that would have sealed the match, but as the lack of luck would have it, it resulted in the Magpies getting 7 tackles which led to the final try and conversion to draw the match.
Agree
They looked very unhappy.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I’m not convinced by the adulation heaped on Timm, he looks like a no impact plodder to me.

Kerr...yes,
Blacker...yes.

I’d also be looking to give Maranta an opportunity in first grade. The rest look CC standard only.

getsmarty

Immortal
I’m not convinced by the adulation heaped on Timm, he looks like a no impact plodder to me.

Kerr...yes,
Blacker...yes.

I’d also be looking to give Maranta an opportunity in first grade. The rest look CC standard only.

Agree...except for Maranta....Saab looks more likely....The whole team looks unfit....1st grade a lot quicker so
Kerr/Blacker and Saab for mine.

BLM01

First Grade
Timm tick
Kerr tick
Mmmm that’s about it.
Talk about how to lose a game .
Blacker someone mentioned went good as well?
As mentioned earlier our reserves with 1/2 training with 1st grade mimic the 60 minute performances and fade outs / close up shop in the last 20 minutes. Has being going on continually under Mary and reserve grade before and after JD. Head also is a big part and was within that sort of culture when he played for us.
He might have the smarts for coaching but he or his teams can not ice it..when it counts. Sound familiar!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Saab has a lot to learn before even being considered for 1st grade.

Ir must be remembered that 7 of the 17 that playedctoday are part-time footballers and another 5 are DS players,. Nor offering any real excuse here bur they are also coached by part-tume 1st grade waterboy Matt Head.

possm

Coach
Agree...except for Maranta....Saab looks more likely....The whole team looks unfit....1st grade a lot quicker so
Kerr/Blacker and Saab for mine.
I'd say you've hit the nail on the head getsmarty. I've been thinking it for a while now but haven't mentioned that I believe the fitness staff in trying to not repeat the errors of past years, changed preparation of the players for this season. It appears to have backfired as most participants are unfit, injured or fatigued.

Timm
Kerr
Blacker

The rest were very ordinary

Marsters can’t tackle

Saab can’t catch

Sailor offloaded the ball continually before the line and was thus ineffective

I would like to see Blacker given more game time in CC. He is a huge aggressive unit.

The team is either very unfit or simply disinterested.

See no value in Maranta or Runciman.

I would select Timm/Kerr as 17/18 man for FG.

Latest posts