What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe someone like Momirovski wouldn't be a bad swap. Plenty of potential in him & likely to improve our 13 straight up.

He’s only had a couple of starts for the West Tigers this season and has been languishing in Canterbury Cup. Not sure he would offer any more than what we have such as Naden or Matheson Johns.

Kilkenny

Coach
I like your line of thinking although if they threw ollie clark in i wouldnt say no as our depth has suffered in reggies

I just think our season is basically over even if there remains some faint hope of still sneaking into the eight.

Releasing DWZ, perhaps James Maloney, one of two others early along with three or four who will not be resigned allows us the opportunity to recruit some quality with upside. Whether they are established NRL players or younger players from some of the better sides looking for there opportunity is the way to go. Ivan Cleary could NOT be so brain dead that he would even contemplate bringing one of the three mentioned has beens.

franklin2323

Immortal
They would’ve had to communicate the offer to the Panthers, once that was done it could’ve easily been our side that leaked it.

Another option is the tigers leaking to gauge the reaction of those players.

For DWZ to go over someome drops out. That someone would be worth the swap

kinghippo

Juniors
I feel the whole DWZ situation is about greed.
I think his manager talked him into asking for a release saying that after his international success he deserves to be playing fullback and making more $$$
He probably sold him the “I have clubs kicking the door down to sign you” bit and DWZ fell for it. The scandal and new coach just gave him an easier out.
Now that he has started the year poorly and acted like a sooky baby, it doesn’t look like anyone is willing to pay big dollars for him and he is probably feeling pretty stupid.

kinghippo

Juniors
The tigers would be desperate to get rid of a bunch of crap players,
Packer, Mautilinio, Taylor, McQueen and Lawrence. Will all be on contracts far bigger than they are worth.
Throw Reynolds into that as well, they must be desperate but we certainly don’t need any of their crap.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The tigers would be desperate to get rid of a bunch of crap players,
Packer, Mautilinio, Taylor, McQueen and Lawrence. Will all be on contracts far bigger than they are worth.
Throw Reynolds into that as well, they must be desperate but we certainly don’t need any of their crap.

How many of those players were bought in by Cleary? That is the biggest concern, isn't it?

This is a guy it might be worth having a look at. Try scoring machine in super league, he’s fairly tall and he’s fast. He’s not young, but not too old. 28.

Big Mick

Referee
Get the Dogs on the phone to do a 3 way trade.

Matulino to the Dogs
DWZ and MWZ to the Tigers
Rhyse Martin to the Panthers

Then promote Kenny to the FT squad.

If we get rid of Maloney before June 30...look to bring in Scott Drinkwater.

betcats

Referee
Get the Dogs on the phone to do a 3 way trade.

Matulino to the Dogs
DWZ and MWZ to the Tigers
Rhyse Martin to the Panthers

Then promote Kenny to the FT squad.

If we get rid of Maloney before June 30...look to bring in Scott Drinkwater.

Make it happen Dave’s mate

unKwn

Juniors
cowboys have signed up drinkwater, well done Dave’s mate you’re making lots of changes i see!

unKwn

Juniors
for a team that’s supposedly “making a lot of changes before june 30”, we’ve done absolutely f**k all

tripster

Juniors
We need to add a player with real speed over 40 metres to our team. Someone who can create a break with their acceleration. Given DWZ seems likely to be leaving the most likely position for that player is wing. However ideally they could play anywhere in the backs. Is there anyone on the market that fits that bill? How long is Xerri contracted for?

We are also one quality front rower short.

Bob

Juniors
This is a guy it might be worth having a look at. Try scoring machine in super league, he’s fairly tall and he’s fast. He’s not young, but not too old. 28.

He’s just back from a knee reco and Leeds are releasing him, the same Leeds that are running second last, can we think back to Whare and how he came back from the same injury

He’s just back from a knee reco and Leeds are releasing him, the same Leeds that are running second last, can we think back to Whare and how he came back from the same injury

Fair enough, but looking to England could be worth a try. Ricky Stuart has uncovered a few gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.